Author Topic: I must confess!  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
I must confess!
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:21:13 AM »
Never been a fan of the Knights all though they have many players I respect. Always seemed disorganized and going this way and that. Often they seem disrespected. I mean the word Knits doesn't conjure up a warm and fuzzy. More like an Itchy and Scratchy. But some buds of mine have been flying with knits so I gave them a try. Now no way are they as efficient at taking bases as Bish. They certainly believe in blowing stuff up. I didn't return to just grab bases. I just wanted to relax and find the fight. Still though they did a great job of taking bases when they got into the mood. When I jumped from Rooks to Knits the sides were pretty even so it wasn't like I was piling on. One of the things I noted was how many knits, excuse me, knights, would just up and head over to a base nearly on the deck looking to mix it up. In the end those folks will be great players or more importantly worthy foes. One of the things that impressed me about the knits was that they would do their missions in-your-face style. I never saw an noe. Don't misunderstand me. I like Noe's too. The in-your-face missions just bring a little more excitement to the fight.

Knights also seemed a little more stubborn about the fight than I remember them being. Just because things looked bad it didn't mean they would quit. Must say I had a pretty good time.

Thanks Knights for the good time.  :salute

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: I must confess!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »
And we can pose for pictures really well!  Glad you had a good time!

Go Knights :x
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:34:08 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
Always good to see good things said.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 09:35:52 AM »
And we can pose for pictures really well!

(Image removed from quote.)

Go Knights! :x

It's funny you should say that about the pictures. Certainly expected to hear about the knight horde that developed Sunday night. Was thinking that everyone should smile because we're going to get our pictures posted. :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:04:56 AM »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:05:37 AM »
Never been a fan of the Knights all though they have many players I respect. Always seemed disorganized and going this way and that. Often they seem disrespected. I mean the word Knits doesn't conjure up a warm and fuzzy. More like an Itchy and Scratchy. But some buds of mine have been flying with knits so I gave them a try. Now no way are they as efficient at taking bases as Bish. They certainly believe in blowing stuff up. I didn't return to just grab bases. I just wanted to relax and find the fight. Still though they did a great job of taking bases when they got into the mood. When I jumped from Rooks to Knits the sides were pretty even so it wasn't like I was piling on. One of the things I noted was how many knits, excuse me, knights, would just up and head over to a base nearly on the deck looking to mix it up. In the end those folks will be great players or more importantly worthy foes. One of the things that impressed me about the knits was that they would do their missions in-your-face style. I never saw an noe. Don't misunderstand me. I like Noe's too. The in-your-face missions just bring a little more excitement to the fight.

Knights also seemed a little more stubborn about the fight than I remember them being. Just because things looked bad it didn't mean they would quit. Must say I had a pretty good time.

Thanks Knights for the good time.  :salute

i don't do it often, but i have switched sides. they're all the same. just different chess pieces.

glad ya had fun though!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »
i don't do it often, but i have switched sides. they're all the same. just different chess pieces.

For those of us who choose not to switch countries, there is a distinct personality that each country begins to develop.  So I am not entirely sure I agree with you on this one Cap.

:salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
As I always say... all teams are more alike than different. <S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »
A friend of mine on the Rook side complained that rooks are not good base taker, but good sticks. 

I told him the reason why bish are good because of 3-4 guys on the bish side is good at organizing missions.  Instead of 'get in a plane and get over there and get rid of ord', bish assign roles and we typically work well as a team.

The only guys I know of on the Knight side that does a pretty good job at organizing are the FB's.

IMO
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 11:31:38 AM »
For those of us who choose not to switch countries, there is a distinct personality that each country begins to develop.  So I am not entirely sure I agree with you on this one Cap.

:salute

well, as you know, i mostly stay in mw arena. i've switched when i needed to to find a fight. when i fly at my normal alts...usually 5-7k, sometimes 10k if i suspect buffs in the area, regardless of what side i'm flying on, i almost always find cons over my head. when i get into furballs, it doesn't matter what side i'm flying on, as they're all the same.
 i've been ho'd, picked, gang-banged, and well fought equally by all 3 sides. i've seen all 3 sides make mass raids for a base, and i've seen all 3 sides launch enmass to defend.
 the only real difference i generally see, is the names killing me.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »
the only real difference i generally see, is the names killing me.  :rofl
Humble to the end Cap.  You are a good guy Sir!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »
Humble to the end Cap.  You are a good guy Sir!

thank ya sir!!!

i try! :aok :salute
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »
A friend of mine on the Rook side complained that rooks are not good base taker, but good sticks. 

I told him the reason why bish are good because of 3-4 guys on the bish side is good at organizing missions.  Instead of 'get in a plane and get over there and get rid of ord', bish assign roles and we typically work well as a team.

The only guys I know of on the Knight side that does a pretty good job at organizing are the FB's.

IMO

you should think this one over again. there is more then the FBs. most of the nits run missions with in their squads and do really well
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 11:48:50 AM »
you should think this one over again. there is more then the FBs. most of the nits run missions with in their squads and do really well

This is very true.  The Pigs rarely setup a country wide mission.  The POTW usually operates independent of other Knights players on a specific objective or set of objectives.  We will coordinate at squad level at times with great folks like the C-Hawks & 68th( :salute).

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:39 AM »
I think that's one of the things I like about the Knights, is it does seem laid back, maybe a little disorganized but not too serious. Just uppin' for a fight, whether it's attacking or defending. I'm sure it's repeated by folks of all cartoon countries, but I's not uncommon to have people plead with other knits NOT to take down the fighter hangers at a base we're attacking just because we don't want the good furballin' to be over (but then the bomber dweebs will feel left out if they can't drop ords on something, so it usually happens anyway  :D ).
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey