Author Topic: Do you fly one country only?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Re: Do you fly one country only?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »
Joined and default was Bish, I've flown Bish for 98% of my time on Aces High.  I find rooks accept you with open arms and the knights scream bloody murder if you switch.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »
Started knight and joined a squad that went to a different country each tour. Settled on rooks. Not in that squad any longer. Noticed at the time the knights would mostly take bases, the bish would furball and take bases, the rooks mostly furball until the nme gets a foothold. Above all it seems the rooks give the check 6 a lot more and and still has time for some good missions. Things could have changed since the last country switch I have made though. Those things are just what I noticed at the time during a world tour we made over 4 months.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
I fly whoever has the low numbers.  I switch sides frequently, but always give my best effort to help whomever I'm flying with by giving Check 6's every opportunity I get.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 02:11:49 PM »
Started on day one and was assigned to the knights.... been here ever since.

***G3-MF***

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
waystin2
I came in as a Bishop by default in late 2000, immediately switched to Knights, as that was where my old AW squad was, flew there for years, then squad decided to transfer to the Rook side.
Been there ever since.
Not really a loyalty thing to country, more like a loyalty thing to fellow countrymen, many of whom I have met.
Each country has many of the same type people, some good, others not so much. Enjoy flying with almost everyone, and have been known to fly with friends in EW or MW, even if country change is mandated to do so, but will not switch to gang. Just my view.
Learned to not listen to 200. Made game much more enjoyable for me.
Pick a side, if you are comfortable there, stay. If not, switch. Suggest you find a squad that is a good fit for you, and if all is well after flying with them, join. Squads are a great source of information for someone who is fairly new. Just learn from anyone who offers valid information.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:18:07 PM by HB555 »
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »
We rotate but for the longest time we stayed Bish, lots of friends that are Bish and I enjoy flying with them. Look forward to flying Bish again next month.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 02:22:24 PM »
waystin2
I came in as a Bishop by default in late 2000, immediately switched to Knights, as that was where my old AW squad was, flew there for years, then squad decided to transfer to the Rook side.
Been there ever since.
Not really a loyalty thing to country, more like a loyalty thing to fellow countrymen, many of whom I have met.
Each country has many of the same type people, some good, others not so much. Enjoy flying with almost everyone, and have been known to fly with friends in EW or MW, even if country change is mandated to do so, but will not switch to gang. Just my view.
Learned to not listen to 200. Made game much more enjoyable for me.
Pick a side, if you are comfortable there, stay. If not, switch. Suggest you find a squad that is a good fit for you, and if all is well after flying with them, join. Squads are a great source of information for someone who is fairly new. Just learn from anyone who offers valid information.

Thank you HB for your suggestions Sir.  This post actually arose out of another conversation in a different post.  I did not want to hi-jack that post.  I have been Knight for two years now, and Pig on the Wing almost as long.  I will go to my grave as Pig who flies Knight.  I like what you said that there is a certain loyalty to those countrymen you have day in and day out entered into cartoon conflict with them at your side.  You start to form some good friendships, partnerships, etc.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »
For the most part I stay bishop. I've been bishop for quite a while, and really enjoy the guys there.

I do occasionally country hop. Flying with the Knights is alot of fun actually. I get frustrated fighting against them sometime because it can be hard to actually find a fight, but when you're on their side they really are a great group for the most part. Every side as far as gameplay/tactics is the same. I think people like LYNX and DREDger who make comments on 200 regarding beating up on one particular side are just ignorant, and the game could do without that.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »
The squad flew bish for many years. However once the horde mentality took hold over there it began to get embarrassing and decided to go on a tour. after the warm welcome we recieved as rooks and the less than welcomeing reception we got with some nits we decided instead of going back bish we would stay rook and have been rook ever since. We have many bish friends we poke fun at on 200 and now and then some squad members will switch to bish to fly with old friends which always brings up the "SPIES" comments which doesnt hold a drop of water.We have no plans to return to bish at this time.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 02:45:18 PM »
smokey - you're a prime example of what I was talking about. All countries are the same. That is just your personal vendetta towards bishops causing you to be a bit close minded.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »
Have to look and see which chess piece I am on.....everytime I login.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 02:49:40 PM »
Mainly bish for me, I do swap sides from time to time when things are quiet but do my best not to fight against bish. But I do.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 02:52:34 PM »
No vendetta at all i have alot of bish buds i talk to, we as a squad just felt that the rooks more than not flew the way we fly. Smaller missions, very few NOE missions more head to head battles. Thats the way we like it. Dont read more into it than that.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »
smokey - you're a prime example of what I was talking about. All countries are the same. That is just your personal vendetta towards bishops causing you to be a bit close minded.
Are all countries really the same? I see this said a lot and I used to think so myself. However it does seem to me that, even though they are all largely similar, there are some differences between the general populations of the different countries... generally I mean... I know there are different attitudes on all countries.

But, I have tended to notice that the Bishops seem to fly more NOE missions... the rooks seem to fly higher, be better sticks... and they both seem to be better at 'teh wor' than the knights. That said I generally don't know who I'm flying against unless I make a point to look. The one thing I like about being on knights is that they generally have lower numbers and thus 262's and 163's are cheaper... at least when I'm on. Other than that though, ENY doesn't really effect me enough for it to be a huge benefit.

One thing that bugs me about the knights is that there're a lot of insanely paranoid people and armchair generals on that country. I don't know if this is normal throughout other countries, as it's been so long since I've switched, but it seems that there's almost always someone complaining about spies, cheating, how the knights never work together, how furballers are selfish or something, or how the game is rigged against the knights. It's funny at first but it gets old.

My only 'loyalty' is to my squad, and as far as the people around me go, I feel no real attachment to the knights at all. I don't consider myself a 'knight'.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 03:00:53 PM by Motherland »

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 02:53:53 PM »
I Fly a different side in different arenas. i dont discriminate or move around alot . iot all depends on what my squad is doing at the time .Sometimes we swith to keep the numbers even ,somnetime to train and fight with each other
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.