Author Topic: A noticable improvment in the quality of game  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: A noticable improvment in the quality of game
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 01:35:11 AM »
Had a 27K fight in my 38 vs a 51B last night which went a good 4 minutes.

27k?!?

What amazes me is that you found another person up that high. The few times I have been up that high (usually in scenarios) I've found the fights up there are awful.  The engagements remind me of two fat ladies circling the last donut in the box; slow, wallowing, but go like hell when pointing at the ground.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 04:49:55 AM »
27k?!?

What amazes me is that you found another person up that high. The few times I have been up that high (usually in scenarios) I've found the fights up there are awful.  The engagements remind me of two fat ladies circling the last donut in the box; slow, wallowing, but go like hell when pointing at the ground.

Fly a 152 at that alt, then repost that opinion.  :P
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 05:02:26 AM »
Or 47N, or mk XIV..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »
27k?!?

Fights at that alt do happen.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 07:55:12 AM »
Or 47N, or mk XIV..

I was gonna add those, but I didn't want to get called out on lack of experience in the cockpit of either one.  :D

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 08:16:11 AM »
<S> VonMessa, Stampf, and Wrek. Great 152 on P38 fight the other night, really made my night.

Thanks again guys!  :salute

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 08:28:51 AM »
I was gonna add those, but I didn't want to get called out on lack of experience in the cockpit of either one.  :D
Haven't either, but I've been on the receiving end and I'm pretty sure they're competitive.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 10:47:09 AM »
<S> VonMessa, Stampf, and Wrek. Great 152 on P38 fight the other night, really made my night.

Thanks again guys!  :salute

:salute

Same here.

I will be the first to admit that I HATE fighting 38's.  Most ponies will go to deck and run, spits will stick stir their pretty little pirouettes, but 38's can be devastating in the right hands.  I for one, can NEVER properly judge their E state. 

They are usually the LAST plane I try to pick a fight with.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »
:salute

Same here.

I will be the first to admit that I HATE fighting 38's.  Most ponies will go to deck and run, spits will stick stir their pretty little pirouettes, but 38's can be devastating in the right hands.  I for one, can NEVER properly judge their E state. 

They are usually the LAST plane I try to pick a fight with.

Im glad the 38 has THAT image, and not a badass jabo platform.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 11:27:21 AM »
27k?!?

What amazes me is that you found another person up that high. The few times I have been up that high (usually in scenarios) Ive found the fights up there are awful.  The engagements remind me of two fat ladies circling the last donut in the box; slow, wallowing, but go like hell when pointing at the ground.

Its sad you have to get that high, but its true.  That's the domain of the runstangs and 109's and the occasional IL2...  :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 11:52:23 AM »
the domain of the mustangs  is where Steve says it is

fixed               :D
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 12:15:42 PM »
27k?!?

it always seemed to me that if i am below 20k, then i am the low guy in lw.........even at 20k, i am. that's why i have so much time in the lw arenas.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 12:31:57 PM »
it always seemed to me that if i am below 20k, then i am the low guy in lw.........even at 20k, i am. that's why i have so much time in the lw arenas.  :rofl

I went as high as 12k once this tour. Somehow, in spite of the assertion of guys like you that people fly high(20+k) in the MA, I've managed a fairly entertaining kill rate of almost 10 per hour, almost all of this at 8k and below. I'll grant that the late night crowd tends to fly higher... 15k ish.  The real truth is that less than 1% of the fights occur over 15k, with probably 90% plus below 8k or less.    :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »
I also since i have been back have noticed an improvment in the game and the people in it.
Strokes

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 12:54:34 PM »
I went as high as 12k once this tour. Somehow, in spite of the assertion of guys like you that people fly high(20+k) in the MA, I've managed a fairly entertaining kill rate of almost 10 per hour, almost all of this at 8k and below. I'll grant that the late night crowd tends to fly higher... 15k ish.  The real truth is that less than 1% of the fights occur over 15k, with probably 90% plus below 8k or less.    :salute

i'm not saying they all do.......

i generally get on around 9'ish eastern. i look for the low furballs. the last time i was in the lw. i cruised at 3k alt......saw a higher con(much higher) turned away to grab. came back at 12k or so. the cons were only a little higher, so i tried to fihgt em. i got popped. came back around 18k, and found them STILL higher than me. a LOT higher.

rather than come in here and squeak about it, i just logged and went back to mw, where i can find fun fights below 10k.

i don't fault anyone for it.....you wanna fly that hi, then by all means feel free............

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)