Author Topic: A noticable improvment in the quality of game  (Read 2315 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: A noticable improvment in the quality of game
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
Aww don't take the insults too seriously.   I've already asked you to show films of your claim that so many fights occur over 15k... your answer is what, to ask me to post films?  lol.. maybe you should follow your own council and get a grip.   :aok

Were people to care enough to spend a minute to post, they'd tell you the same thing I'm telling you:  almost all kills occur  below 15k.

Think about it: If I'm successful at getting kills below 10k, who am I killing? In other words, in order for me to get kills below 10k, there must be people there to kill.

Now, I get about 10 kills per hour, which is by no means exceptional but it's not on the low end either. Obviously there's plenty of targets below 10k.

would i be out of place to say that those "below 15k" kills are from the guys diving from over 20k, hitting em, and climbing back up to their perch?    :noid :noid

and i am NOT aiming that at you dude.......just bringing up a point.

there was an awsome 10k and below fight near a55 the other night in mw.....till a 190, and a 47 came over at 20k+........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2009, 02:32:11 PM »
Aww don't take the insults too seriously.   I've already asked you to show films of your claim that so many fights occur over 15k... your answer is what, to ask me to post films?  lol.. maybe you should follow your own council and get a grip.   :aok

Were people to care enough to spend a minute to post, they'd tell you the same thing I'm telling you:  almost all kills occur  below 15k.

Think about it: If I'm successful at getting kills below 10k, who am I killing? In other words, in order for me to get kills below 10k, there must be people there to kill.

Now, I get about 10 kills per hour, which is by no means exceptional but it's not on the low end either. Obviously there's plenty of targets below 10k.

Where they die and where they fly, are two different animals.
I am not asking for films, I am asking for you to prove your claim that 1% of all fights occur at 15k+, Kills are another thing and usually result from them coming down from those alts and would die below 15k, but the fight started well above the alt they died in.
since I already know that when I fly against Rooks in particular, that this alt if not more than 15k is the usual alt you encounter them.  15k is usually just at the cloud layer, and thats where I have to go to get to them and many times they are well over that and I still have to climb to get at them.  

If you had said that maybe 10% of fights were at 15k or above, I may have bought that, but not 1%.  

I very rarely see a con above 12k anymore. 

Now, while we're at it,

Well, here's the problem with the above quote.  I have flown for every country for extended amounts of time, and honestly, I see more Bish in the nose bleed sections thatn I do Rooks.  Don't take offense to that (since I know you fly Bish only), but this is an observation I've made in my AH career.

No offense taken, but yes I for one have been flying higher since that is where I have to go to get them or find myself getting picked from ones that are at those alts.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:00:14 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »

Shake a little salt on a slug.  Throw a little logic on the AH BBS.  Purdy much has the same effect.   
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2009, 03:41:01 PM »
I will be the first to admit that I HATE fighting 38's.  Most ponies will go to deck and run, spits will stick stir their pretty little pirouettes, but 38's can be devastating in the right hands.  I for one, can NEVER properly judge their E state. 

I look forward to fighting you, VonMessa, once engaged you fight the fight and don't run 6k out. Imho, you are probably the most aggressive stick in JG11.  :aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2009, 12:10:21 AM »
I enjoy being that high up in scenarios, or whenever there is something historical to be done.

As Lazer said I'm happy the 38 has that rep instead of the "win teh wor" one.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2009, 01:35:26 PM »
Good fight the other night in your 47N vs. my Mossie Wolf.. That was a fun one!  :D

Wish I had that one on film.. Hehe

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »
Films?   I dont get paid to play and provide "proof" for something that everyone except you realize.  
Just the word Rook invokes Hi-Alt fights well over 8k, certainly many times over 15-20k will you find 51's and luftwaffe planes hovering over a furball.  

Films?  :lol    

If we can't climb up to you, how are we supposed to fight you? :P

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
Good fight the other night in your 47N vs. my Mossie Wolf.. That was a fun one!  :D

Wish I had that one on film.. Hehe

I have it on film. Do you know what the day was b/c I didn't label it.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2009, 06:23:29 PM »
After last night, I'd say were on a decline myself! :(
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2009, 03:30:05 AM »
Wolfala check your PMs ..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2009, 10:55:59 AM »

Oh man i dont remember..  :(

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2009, 07:02:57 AM »
:salute

Same here.

Most ponies will go to deck and run.....
<--just shakes head  :lol This weekend was great for me. I think I only got shoot down once in 8 or 10 hours of game play while landing 2,3,and 4 at a time. Came across alot of noobs in spits trying to take me 38 vertical :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 07:11:19 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2009, 07:14:14 AM »
/and there's a few 38 driver's that picked up the fine art of the ho and there the worst 1's to complain about it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2009, 07:53:43 AM »
had a decent time friday evening. some fun fights over near p63 and a60. most were nice low alt fights........a couple alt monkeys, so on one run, i took the time to climb up to where i expected to find em. the only one i found that time was a 110 that was slightly higher than me. he dove right by me, trying to hit a lower guy, and when he missed, blew his E, and i gave chase, he ran straight for his ack.  :rolleyes:

no ho attempts all night!! :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »
Just to throw a different bone at the fire - i've noticed a big improvment in the overall quality of the game as of late. Perhaps its just perspective talking, but all sides have had a heavier emphasis on combined arms and cooperation between air/ground/sea units when taking objectives. The Rooks the other night instigated some epic battles that raged from 10-20k and took a tremendous toll on both sides. Some of the large squads made that effort fun again - instead of singular assets going against 20 guys.

Aircraft seemed to plan their ingress and exit strategy more - GVs were lending mutual support with AA supporting the tanks intermixed within the line while moving. Jabos did their best by plinking AA with rockets from 3k away and occasionally aircraft.

Blah, anyways - its raining in NYC. I've got a construction punchlist 8 pages long with a list of subcontractors as long that owe me work. HT, thanks!

We Rooks still can't take a base for squat.  Of course, we don't usually care either, but...
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.