Author Topic: Why dont more people play axis v allies  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Why dont more people play axis v allies
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »
First I would say all your reasons except # 2 are conclusions and not reasons. 2. Can not be debated, it is your preference, all your other "reasons" are big stretches.  But does not matter, #2 is a very valid reason for your choice.

Only 1 more question.

What things do you give up so that you can have historical match ups.

HiTech

HT I'm sorry to say but the only real reason people don't fly the AvA is because they cant always get their uber '45 plane. People who try to say they don't go in there because of trash talk don't really want to go in there in the first place. If they did they would use the squelch option and go on with their day. People that say that its just like the MA say that because they don't fly in there or come in there fighting like they are in the MA and don't like it when others fly the way they do. AvA fighting is absolutely nothing like the MA. Sure there are some gangs, HOs, etc. but it is very rare compared to the MAs.

Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »

What things do you give up so that you can have historical match ups.

Not sure if I understand this correctly but here's my answer.

1. I give up flying with friends and squadies- Not many people in the AvA, so not as many of my friends in the game are there either. Then when I attempt to bring them into the arena. I always get "The arena is empty", not "the attitudes of people"

2. I don't fly in a target rich environment most of the time in the AvA- nearly the same answer as 1. but we had a Blitzekrieg(Guadalcanal-my design w00t) few months back. And it felt like the real thing for a while. It was a raging furball in "the slot" and it was fun. Also Larrys mission with the Okinawa map few weeks back. Not nearly as realistic but it felt like it could've happen. So flying in the AvA with 4 people, just so I can get some sense of "man, wonder how the original guys felt with only 1 life and they couldn't start over again.

I think I answered your question. If I didn't, tell me, and I'll do my best next time. 
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
I've never taken a base, never tried either, I am a POTW member too.

Welcome to the boards you Swine! :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2009, 04:29:58 PM »

What things do you give up so that you can have historical match ups?

HiTech

You give up choices in favor of historical accuracy. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:42:39 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »

HT I'm sorry to say but the only real reason people don't fly the AvA is because they cant always get their uber '45 plane. People who try to say they don't go in there because of trash talk don't really want to go in there in the first place.
  Heres where your wrong. AVA has a wreched reputation.If HT ran a poll upon going into the arena that asked " What keeps you from going into the AVA?" I think you would be shocked.That or claim it was all rigged. People LIKE historical matchups. Its the community that has the issues.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »
Hi Drea
Could you clarify for me your statement "it's the community that hs the issues" for me?
Cheers
Tunes
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2009, 05:19:56 PM »
The community doesn't have issues they have excuses.

Here is an example just like what you say you face in the AvA.

I love going into the MW. When I'm in there I always go to the low side and DO NOT let people just milk undefended bases. This means most of the milking comunity in the MW hates me. I can post films of people calling me a cheat and even cussing me out on VOX. Now, I could be like you and leave because they 'ran me out', but you know what I do? I squelch them then kill them with a smile on my face. When I don't squelch them I record what they say and send the films into HTC. I don't let other people ruin my fun and how I like to play.

The ONLY person keeping you from flying there is yourself plain and simple. Say whatever you want but that's a fact.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »
I think this thread will do alot of good for the arena. I hope it does anyway. Think I'll check it out again.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »
The community doesn't have issues they have excuses.

So so so many of us all with different backgrounds, experience levels, and personal opinions, have tried time and time again to tell you YOU are part of the problem for the AvA and you ignore us every time.

And then when somebody says you're wrong when you post your biased opinion as to why nobody else wants to fly with you, you turn around and tell them they're wrong and ignorant, and unqualified to give any answer on the matter that isn't quoting you.

Frankly, that's one of the biggest problems with the AvA: The attitude you and a large number of other regulars keep spouting off on.

To answer HT's second question, my mind went to "You give up finding a quick fight" -- because in the MAs you can find a large fight and dogpile on, whereas in the lower numbers arena you have to go looking sometimes.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2009, 06:43:19 PM »
Hi Drea
Could you clarify for me your statement "it's the community that hs the issues" for me?
Cheers
Tunes
Well where to start. The prevailing impression that JV 54 thinks the ava is their own personal sand box that berate those that dont 'Play their way"  The "bad ass" attitude backing that impression up on the ava forums.Cant count the times Ive seen the "were the best" line in there. Ive heard from way to many people respected in the AH community that AVA is a cesspool that after reading the forums some,I had not the slightest reason to think otherwise.
  Like I said.If HT ran a poll that allowed a single reason that the community could say why they wouldnt piss on the AVA if it was on fire,These would top if not dominate the list. Deny it all you guys want,but that is the general consensus in all the people Ive heard opinions from.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 06:46:19 PM by DrDea »
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2009, 06:56:20 PM »
I have to disagree with you there dea. Most people don't fly there becuase there isn't anyone there. Only few people(spouting off on the BBS) actually say that
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2009, 07:07:13 PM »
HT I'm sorry to say but the only real reason people don't fly the AvA is because they cant always get their uber '45 plane.

So that is the only real reason I don't fly in the AvA too?

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »
So are you guys going to fly in the arena or just sit here crying?

Ill be in there in a few I hope you all do the same, but I wont hold my breath.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2009, 07:47:05 PM »
Deny it all you guys want,but that is the general consensus in all the people Ive heard opinions from.
Granted, there was a time when the AvA was a sewer and I was one of the ones spouting off about it. Then it seemed as if 3 out of 4 posts in the text chat were accusations, whines or insults. I didn't particularly enjoy the atmosphere so I left. But times and attitudes change and so did the AvA. I recently took another look and it isn't the cesspool it had become. And my experience with JG54 since I started flying the AvA again has been nothing but good. Maybe it's time for another look at the AvA. The general consensus in this case seems to be running at least a couple of months behind the reality of the AvA.

my 0.02
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »
1. The fights- The best fights in the game are here. The best pilots in the game fight here. You would learn ACM faster and look at the way of Air Combat in a totally different way.

2.Historical matchups- Not everyone likes P51 Vs P51 in the MA, the history in the arena is what brings me there. To fight in the same terrain and the same environment like the original great ones did.

3. Set ups- If you want a set up, the CM's will run it. It might not be right away but if you request it, it will be there.

4. Gangs/picks/HOs- The reason they are looked down upon are to make the fights the best they can be. and in respect of that, you treat players how you want to be treated. If your going to Ho every pass, Im going to kick my rudder a little then shoot ya right in the cockpit. Simple

You must be delusional, all but No.2 are true imo.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."