Author Topic: In Lobby, Game ID reverted to previous value.. squad affiliation gone  (Read 451 times)

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
One of the side effects of the great server crash of 6/6/09 ( 6/5/09? ) is that the account I'm primarily using ( Drone ) is recognized in it's original gameid ( xancrom ) in the game lobby.  I had changed the gameid on the account when the 'housecleaning' was done a few months ago.

No biggie, except I can't find squad members, as 'xancrom' was never in a squad. As far as I can tell, the perks are all in order.

When I enter an arena, the ID gets all straightened out and I'm able to .sr other squaddies just fine. 

When I return back to the lobby, the ID reverts back to 'xancrom'.

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
GameIDs and squad affiliation are specific to arenas, not the game as a whole.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
I have been having the same problem.
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
But the screen name is tied to the account, right?

In this case, xancrom is the screen name I chose when I opened this account 3 or 4 years ago. ( I can PM the actual account name I login with, if that helps )

A few months ago, when y'all went through and made expired and deleted screen names available, I changed the screen name to 'Drone', which is as it appeared in the lobby and whatever arena I log in to. When I first logged into the lobby, I could execute the .sr command and see what MA squad members were logged on.

After 6/5/09, when I log onto the game and enter the lobby, the screen name shows 'xancrom'.  When I do a .sr command, it returns with the messsage that I am not a member of a squad.

When I log into one of the arenas, the screenid changes to 'Drone', and I am able to use the .sr command.

When I return to the lobby, the screen name is 'xancrom' again.
AKDrone

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Try this:  do a ".changeid drone" in the radio buffer while in the lobby (without the quotes).

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Will do next week. 

Off on vacation..

I'm finding that 3 umbrella drinks per hour keeps the AH2 cravings at bay..

:salute
AKDrone

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Well.. looks like it got all fixed while I was gone.

Thanks!!
 :salute

AKDrone