Author Topic: Beta is out  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Beta is out
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »
Also a note: If you are ruining the ATI control panel, disable it, some people have seen a huge performance increase by disabling it.

HiTech

Ahhh good info... I have not flown yet as my controls would not work but I am running ATI CP so if there is any probs there I'll kill it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »
Also a note: If you are ruining the ATI control panel, disable it, some people have seen a huge performance increase by disabling it.

HiTech

Yep had it off....the control panel.    ;)

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2009, 10:27:57 AM »
My $.02

Well I can tell you from experience that those of you currently running AH2 with FPS issues will not be able to play once the update comes out. I have a smoking system that I built to play AH2 and I've never gone below 59 FPS, I have a top of the line video card with 800 megs. Currently in beta I'm getting 15 to 17 FPS, I feel like back when AH2 was first released. I'd post a couple screenshots for you but the current filmviewer in AH2 will not run the beta films. The difference between the current game and beta as far as visually the jagged lines are still there just much smaller so it looks better but kills your frame rates tremendously.

Il-16, Brewster... hanger queens, after you get whacked a dozen or so times by a P-40B you'll never touch those pigs again. Full fuel and no drop tanks the Il-16 has 15 minutes, the Brewster 41 minutes.

O.k. personally I don't play AH2 for the stellar graphics, its more of a social outing with friends. I'd recomend updating current planes and filling in the gaps in plane sets would have been time well spent compared to what I'm playing on beta. I predict barren skies just like when AH2 was released when the next update comes.
See Rule #4

Offline wsveum

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »
I was getting last night a FPS from 35- 60 I have a 8800GT on a vista pc quad core. Gateway 9600. 3mb ram. But not many where on playing, only about 45-50. I willbe waiting to see if I need to upgrade my PC. Only time and beta will tell.
AKA: Bison

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2009, 10:37:16 AM »
The Brewster should be able to thoroughly whip a P-40B.

Before everyone runs off and panics, again, this is a beta.  Pyro mentioned that low res wasn't working in the beta.  In the update you will still be able to play with low-res.  You will be O.K.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »
My $.02

Well I can tell you from experience that those of you currently running AH2 with FPS issues will not be able to play once the update comes out. I have a smoking system that I built to play AH2 and I've never gone below 59 FPS, I have a top of the line video card with 800 megs. Currently in beta I'm getting 15 to 17 FPS, I feel like back when AH2 was first released. I'd post a couple screenshots for you but the current filmviewer in AH2 will not run the beta films. The difference between the current game and beta as far as visually the jagged lines are still there just much smaller so it looks better but kills your frame rates tremendously.

Il-16, Brewster... hanger queens, after you get whacked a dozen or so times by a P-40B you'll never touch those pigs again. Full fuel and no drop tanks the Il-16 has 15 minutes, the Brewster 41 minutes.

O.k. personally I don't play AH2 for the stellar graphics, its more of a social outing with friends. I'd recomend updating current planes and filling in the gaps in plane sets would have been time well spent compared to what I'm playing on beta. I predict barren skies just like when AH2 was released when the next update comes.

Sounds like your system ain't as smokin' as you thought.  :rofl
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2009, 10:40:18 AM »
You will be O.K.

Finally a voice of reason concerning the FR loss experienced in the Beta.  That is why they call it Beta, it is a test version, not the final...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Finally a voice of reason concerning the FR loss experienced in the Beta.  That is why they call it Beta, it is a test version, not the final...

It's not even the final test version..... or the version final for testing or......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2009, 10:57:45 AM »
It's not even the final test version..... or the version final for testing or......

So it is the not quite final test beta version for developing the final beta version which is not even the final update...ooooooh my head hurts!

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2009, 10:58:56 AM »
My $.02

Although you are entitled to an opinion you are wrong on nearly every point. Hey have a nice day :aok

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:21 AM »
Although you are entitled to an opinion you are wrong on nearly every point. Hey have a nice day :aok

I've been playing since AH beta, I've been though all the major updates so I've been there, done that. My post has more reality than fiction and will show so upon release of the update. Have a warm n fuzzy day!
See Rule #4

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2009, 11:10:10 AM »
I was able to play with it a few minutes last night.  Looks good.  Water looks really good but its very hard to tell how close I am to it when only a few hundred feet above it.  Yes, my FPS appears to have take a 50% hit but hey, its beta and I need a new system anyway.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2009, 11:10:26 AM »
My $.02

This is confusing to me, I have a pretty middle of the road system (6600, XP, 8800GT, 4G & onboard sound) and have equal or better performance in the beta with the hi-res package an all sliders "maxed". I think that a lot of issues here go back to having a properly configured system. BTW I have 65+ processes running including a lot of the "uglies" skuzzy hates like NET. I do not however have any resource hogs running blind or other issues that effect the systems ability to function.

As for the comments on the new rides, well that speaks to the posters level of ability and not the planes. Very capable additions that will get significant use in the MA.... :aok
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:12:55 AM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »
Oh I'm sure I need to tweak it, that was my first impression Humble... I'm just thinking back to when AH2 was released and the turmoil it created. I'm not at home so I can't spend the day playing with settings.

And I'm glad so many think they'll get significant use... I look forward to landing many kills of them.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:19:01 AM by antivortex »
See Rule #4

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2009, 11:31:58 AM »
Its all a question of what your used to. The historical reality is that faster was better and that slow = target. However within the scope of AH both birds are formidable. The brew hits as well as the FM-2 and the I-16 has the twin 20mm....both appear to have significantly better control authority at speed then either the early zeke or the 109-E. So within the context of the inherent limitations of the performance envelope these are exceptionally survivable and robust planes that offer a significantly better "T&B" capability with a much better +E control authority at higher speeds. The 239 is going to be a very formidable beasty in scenario/FSO while filling a niche as an LWA perk farmer. I think both will give the spit/nikki/hurri drivers fits....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson