Author Topic: Zoom Toggle problems  (Read 574 times)

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
Zoom Toggle problems
« on: June 29, 2009, 01:46:02 AM »
I noticed on my first flight up after installing AH on my new rig that the zoom will not work for me no matter if it's mapped to my X52 or using the keyboard. My resolution is set properly and the strange thing is that it works once or twice after logging in, then stops. Meaning I get one or two zoom out/in and then nothing no matter what I do.

I don't think, though it could be, a Vista issue that I've seen. Thoughts/help?
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Zoom Toggle problems
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 06:45:46 AM »
If you are running the Saitek control manager, make sure to get the latest version from Saitek as there have been a number of problems with the control manager under Vista.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »
Thanks S, will check for updates.

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:54 AM »
Got the latest drivers, didn't help, accidentally hit the button to the right of the ] button, though. Seems the buttons are shifted one key right for my Zoom only. Figure that one out lol. 

Additionally, with the new Dell, I am unable to hit the ` key to bring up a larger text menu in game, just doesn't work, nor do any keys around it to do the same.  I'm ready to go back to the caveman days...

Thanks, though.

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
FWIW Rollins,check your INGAME KEYBOARD and make sure that everything you are having issues with is set on your AH KB..If your zoom is not in the game on the KB as Z ,it will not work if set as such on your X52...I dont recall but I THINK there is a "DEFAULT" to reset the KB back to original settings.,

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 06:28:26 AM »
Just for giggles, did you try just getting rid of the Saitek device manager to see if it was the culprit?  If it is not, then it could be another device manager involved.  Could be a virus as well, or a key logger.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 10:53:07 PM »
Just for giggles, did you try just getting rid of the Saitek device manager to see if it was the culprit?  If it is not, then it could be another device manager involved.  Could be a virus as well, or a key logger.

I'll check that out as well. Also, haven't found any other managers that are interfering. I say it hopefully that it's not a virus as this is a brand new rig and I have it locked down as tight as I can. AH is the only thing I have installed outside factory stuff.

FWIW Rollins,check your INGAME KEYBOARD and make sure that everything you are having issues with is set on your AH KB..If your zoom is not in the game on the KB as Z ,it will not work if set as such on your X52...I dont recall but I THINK there is a "DEFAULT" to reset the KB back to original settings.,

All looks kosher there, just the strange offset on the zoom itself that is weird. As for the ` key not opening up the text, couldn't figure that out either so I just mapped it to another key to be done with it.

Thanks for the help and suggestions, gents.