Author Topic: Rivers & Capturable Bridges  (Read 9254 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Rivers & Capturable Bridges
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »
I can see an issue or two on why it wouldn't work but instead I'll just give this a big

IN

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2010, 01:19:53 AM »
It could be possible that the new changes to the towns and bases are a prelude to something like this.  Honestly, the current town layout, wouldn't really fit well with an idea such as this one, but the new one most definitely would.  This idea will also need some tweaking to factor in the new manned AT guns as well.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2010, 04:40:08 AM »
I can see an issue or two on why it wouldn't work but instead I'll just give this a big

IN

(Image removed from quote.)

wrongway

Someone was asking in another thread ( http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,291968.msg3720426.html#msg3720426 ) about this one, so I pointed them to the link.  Yeah, given the rules about bumping old threads, I am sure it will be locked.  But a lot of people, including HiTech, thought the idea had possibilities, and several had good ideas to make it work better.  I admit there are some flaws, and some details that would need to be addressed... but it is certainly workable.

***G3-MF***

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2010, 07:17:56 AM »
This thread isn't even that old. September of last year? That is 10 months ago. This thread should be stickyed anyway.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2010, 02:05:28 PM »
Wrongway, perhaps you'll tell us WHY it won't work instead of this constant ambiguity. And I serisouly doubt that this thread is going to get the Skuzzy stick.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
Honestly, if you have the same idea as someone else and you make a thread about it, you will get replies like "Use search next time" but if you bump an old thread it gets locked. How are you supposed to bring attention to a previously discussed idea?

IN
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2010, 02:59:10 PM »
+1  :aok for bridges.

+2, if maproom stand up on some bridge!

+3, if two map-rooms stand up on bridge sides! (and town is suitable for noe attack).

-1 for things for which i need a new pc.

:salute
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:03:52 PM by lulu »
mobilis in mobile

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »
Coming soon the the AvA:

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »
did u make that???    :x
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »
Major old thread punt today, bu ...

My votes are still 1++ for these ideas.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »
Coming soon the the AvA:

Oh, how I hope it gets approved soon!!!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2010, 10:53:03 PM »
Honestly, if you have the same idea as someone else and you make a thread about it, you will get replies like "Use search next time" but if you bump an old thread it gets locked. How are you supposed to bring attention to a previously discussed idea?

IN

Actually, I would think a good way to do it would be to start a new thread and refer to the original thread with a link.

For example:

Subject: Rivers & Capturable Bridges Redux.

I was perusing the wish list, using the excellent and informative SEARCH function  when I came across the idea of Rivers & Capturable Bridges.  I think this is a great idea and should be revisited....yada yada yada.... why I like it....etc.

Same topic.  Not Punted.  Gives people reference to what has been discussed before and allows new discussion.

Easy Peasy.   :aok

Wrongway, perhaps you'll tell us WHY it won't work instead of this constant ambiguity. And I serisouly doubt that this thread is going to get the Skuzzy stick.

OK.  Drop the river and the bridge.  You essentially have a capturable double spawn.  What happens when one side captures both spawns?  Fight over. 

How does the other side get it back? 

Are there yet two more spawns into the original spawn, making it a quadruple spawn? 

Basically, once the bridge is captured there is no way to recapture it.

You're probably better off now with double spawns where you can camp each other as you spawn in or GV bases within driving distance of each other like on that Tank Island in the middle of the big, wet map.

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2010, 11:38:19 PM »

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2010, 05:19:39 AM »
OK.  Drop the river and the bridge.  You essentially have a capturable double spawn.  What happens when one side captures both spawns?  Fight over. 

How does the other side get it back? 

Are there yet two more spawns into the original spawn, making it a quadruple spawn? 

Basically, once the bridge is captured there is no way to recapture it.

You're probably better off now with double spawns where you can camp each other as you spawn in or GV bases within driving distance of each other like on that Tank Island in the middle of the big, wet map.

wrongway

Just use the spawns into the "bridge town" the same as you would any other.  It really isnt that much different than those V Bases on (the map I cant remember) that are sitting right next to each other... or think of it instead as a V Base with only 2 hangars that are independent of each other... and more thing required to destroy to take it.  Would it be hard to hold without securing the bases around it?  You bet... but think of the fights it would promote.

But... like I said earlier, the design and number of hangers and such could vary... it is the idea of having a bridge to fight over that is the main point.

***G3-MF***

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2010, 05:21:32 AM »

***G3-MF***