Author Topic: WHy can't HiTEch hold our profile if you have to stop payment?  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Sifudeer

• Zinc Member
Re: WHy can't HiTEch hold our profile if you have to stop payment?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 01:44:20 AM »
Just stop paying your account they lock your name.  You lose your perk points but you get to keep your name.  I stopped flying for a while and when I came back all I had to do was call and they reinstated my name and added it to my new account.  You have to of course pay the old bill first.   A simple call will fix most problems with HTC...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 01:47:56 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 01:52:49 AM »
Just stop paying your account they lock your name.  You lose your perk points but you get to keep your name.  I stopped flying for a while and when I came back all I had to do was call and they reinstated my name and added it to my new account.  You have to of course pay the old bill first.   A simple call will fix most problems with HTC...

Iv done this a few times but there was never an 'old bill' since when you pay your monthly bill its for that upcoming month not the last one.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 02:13:16 AM »
As many have said, a call would have been better then a BBS rant.

If perk points are that big a deal, you can have mine.  I don't use em anyway.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 02:22:52 AM »
unlike MMORPG where you need to grind for several months to level your cartoon hero, there is nothing to loose in AH, except perhaps the perks points. Lets face it, perk points are useless and most players have thousands or even ten thousands of them that they never use. As for the call-sign, it used to be that if you canceled your account, the call-sign remained unavailable for new accounts. All you had to do is call/email HTC and they will write it off from the "already used " call-sign list and reset your current one so you can take it again.

If HTC free all the dead call-signs recently, this is a good thing to do once in a while. With the relative short (8 characters) length and the need for it to be readable and pronounceable it get harder and harder to find a free one as time goes by.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »
All you had to do is call/email HTC and they will write it off from the "already used " call-sign list and reset your current one so you can take it again.

I think there is no such list anymore since we were enabled to change callsigns on our own within the game. When I gave up my callsign, it was immediately "available" when I checked it in Oclub.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 06:56:19 AM »

If HTC wants a suggestion they should live and breath by, if the want to draw people in.. THEN FOLLOW THE LEADERS in the industry.  Make the profiles permanent.
pssss, HTC IS the leader in this type on online game play. And they got that way by NOT doing what the others do. If perk points are what you want I'll give you mine as I don't want them. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 09:20:26 AM »
The funny thing is Htc has the best customer service I have ever been around :aok  I had a problem at the bank were someone stole all the debit card numbers so the bank had to reissue new cards to all the card holders..Anyway I called Htc and they kept my account up and running for 3 weeks :salute  This is not the first time I have called them either.. I had some weird issues with my pc about 3 years back and I believe it was Skuzzy I talked to who spent 15 minutes explaining how to fix my problem :D I don't no of any other out fit were ur going to get customer service from one of the developers... Example--- I also played ww2 online :o  Guess what? You would probably have better luck getting in contact with the president of the united states than with them :eek: I would like to tell u how sorry I am that those mean Htc folks do not care about there customers ,but that would just be a lie...U did it to urself.. I am confident that one call would have resolved your rant.... I wish you luck on your heath issues :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 09:22:53 AM »
The OP has a very valid point, every other online game I’ve played doesn't wipe your account from existence because you want a week or two break.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 09:27:18 AM »
The OP has a very valid point, every other online game I’ve played doesn't wipe your account from existence because you want a week or two break.

Perhaps, but I've never spoken to a developer of any other game I've played (as Trigg said)...  A 10 year vet?  I have no doubt a polite, private phone conversation would have taken care of this.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 09:38:43 AM »
Actually, Gorf is right.
I was floundering around in this game, frustrated, not being to get online at regular times, not being able to hook up with trainers etc, so I decided to cancel my account for awhile and concentrate on learning every aspect of this game offline until I was able to find the time to  make it worth even the small sum of 15 bucks a month.
I called and asked if my account could be suspended for a month or 2 and was told my only option was to just  cancel.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »
Hi Gorf. Long time!  :salute   Good luck with your health issues. Look me up if you come back to the game.

You could always change your handle to Frog.  ;)

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »
Actually, Gorf is right.
I was floundering around in this game, frustrated, not being to get online at regular times, not being able to hook up with trainers etc, so I decided to cancel my account for awhile and concentrate on learning every aspect of this game offline until I was able to find the time to  make it worth even the small sum of 15 bucks a month.
I called and asked if my account could be suspended for a month or 2 and was told my only option was to just  cancel.

No offense, but apples and oranges...  Long-time customer/short-time customer...  Health issues/Lack of enjoyment.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »
No offense, but apples and oranges...  Long-time customer/short-time customer...  Health issues/Lack of enjoyment.
:aok
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 09:58:55 AM »
I'm so getting sick of these rants... Arena Caps, ENY, HOing, Collision model sucks, picking, running ad infinitum, ad nauseam.  There's a simple answer, if you don't like the way things are set up with AH2 and you've honestly tried your best to communicate your opinion to Hitech and they wont change or their answers are not to your satisfaction........   VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS.

Leave the game and quit killing us with your rants on this board.  If your gripe is legitimate, more people will leave the game and force the company into changing.  If not, then we will be spared the constant whining and have one less dweeb in our community.

Ok, back to setting off my illegal fireworks.  Happy 4th everyone!
in game call sign: S1n1ster