Author Topic: WHy can't HiTEch hold our profile if you have to stop payment?  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
This is sad. 

I have health issues that I need to resolve and need to focus my money on.  At Blizzard and EA, All I had to do is stop the charge method and I can come back later and I lose nothing at all.

At HiTech.. NOooo  You lose your callsign, your squad affiliation everything.  MY LORD that is pisss poor customer service.  Its giving the image for HiTech that "Give us your money, we don't care if your dieing and have been with us for years.. if you not going to pay.. GET OUT"

I talked to the Blizzard support and you know what they said.. "Your profile is a simple database entry which is bascialy a .txt file about 23 to 75kb at most.  THATS IT! 

What gives!! 

If HTC wants a suggestion they should live and breath by, if the want to draw people in.. THEN FOLLOW THE LEADERS in the industry.  Make the profiles permanent.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: WHy can't HiTEch hold our profile if you have to stop payment?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:20:33 PM »
At the very least they should keep them for like two months. After that then they should delete them. After things that are beyond our control happen and sometimes you have to shift funds around and well let's face it games and what not are the things that get the axe first.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »
You might have worked something out with them if you had called...

Anyway, good luck with your health.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »
a  simple phone call woulda helped ur situation allot more than childish rants here in public
good luck getting help after belittling their company :confused:
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
Call.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:04:22 PM »
Its like not paying the gas bill. Eventually the gas is turned off. Reconnection costs more that the monthly payment not unlike you were a new customer alltogether. 
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 11:26:23 PM »
A member for 10 years and you didn't no better than to just call HTC instead of coming to the forums?

Insert insulting comment here---->
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:36 PM »
It's cartoon airplanes and perk points. You can get your name back, get your CO to invite you back, and earn more points. If you had a crap load of perk points, you didn't need them anyway. Complaining about a company, without actually talking to them first, is weak. Ripping on them on their forum, is weaker still.

Anyway, good luck with whatever health issue is less important than your cartoon airplane account.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 12:21:06 AM »
This is sad. 

I have health issues that I need to resolve and need to focus my money on.  At Blizzard and EA, All I had to do is stop the charge method and I can come back later and I lose nothing at all.

At HiTech.. NOooo  You lose your callsign, your squad affiliation everything.  MY LORD that is pisss poor customer service.  Its giving the image for HiTech that "Give us your money, we don't care if your dieing and have been with us for years.. if you not going to pay.. GET OUT"

I talked to the Blizzard support and you know what they said.. "Your profile is a simple database entry which is bascialy a .txt file about 23 to 75kb at most.  THATS IT! 

What gives!! 

If HTC wants a suggestion they should live and breath by, if the want to draw people in.. THEN FOLLOW THE LEADERS in the industry.  Make the profiles permanent.

agreed....

/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 12:24:11 AM »
I have to say that even though I can see why they do it (as an incentive not to drop your account and continue to collect your $) it is kind of sad.  Often other life priorities take over.  I'd be bummed if I dropped out for a while and came back and someone else was BaldEagl and I couldn't fly my AR234's or drive my Tigers and Shermans.  I mean just how big a database/administrative issue can it be?  I could see clearing the files after a reasonable length of time though... maybe 6 months to a year.

I wonder whether the current policy results in more or less revenue for HTC.  They make it harder to leave but they also make it harder to return having to sign up for a new account and start over again.

[EDIT]  I could also see an exception for the two week accounts vs. someone who's been a customer for a year lets say.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:26:46 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 12:35:37 AM »
What would they gain by reserving IDs for people who can't or aren't willing to pay? (and how, as a business owner, do you differentiate?) I don't mean to sound like an ass, I'm just curious about your perspectives.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:38:35 AM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 12:43:31 AM »
What would they gain by reserving IDs for people who can't or aren't willing to pay? (and how, as a business owner, do you differentiate?) I don't mean to sound like an ass, I'm just curious about your perspectives.

Simple answer:  Goodwill
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 12:48:39 AM »
Waxing philosophical there, pardon me. Apparently it doesn't make good business sense. I don't see how it would.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:51:53 AM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 01:04:36 AM »
I'm sure he already called and that is why this post came out........and as a 10 year vet I think that in certain circumstances like his there should be a little lead way. It's not like he's a summer time squeeker, but saying that I do think that there should be a time limit on how long they hold it. I don't think it would be fair to HTC to hold a profile for 2 or 3 years. But because he has been playing for so long I think they should make an exception in this case. :salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 01:10:33 AM »
uuuuuhhhh Big to do about nothing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)