Author Topic: Shake off the rust!  (Read 530 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Shake off the rust!
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:17:38 PM »
I've been away for a month and it shows.  In my own honest estimation, I suck, and my SA has suffered more than my flying ability.  Frequent practice is worth far more than I thought!

The boards seem the same as ever... :P
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Shake off the rust!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »
It does not matter that you suck, or I suck Anax.

The sooner you embrace the fact that it doesn't matter that you suck, the sooner you will begin not to suck.

Unless you are only embracing detachment because secretly you are desperate not to suck, in that case you must detach yourself from your detachment unless you are only doing that because you are still so attached to the desire to not suck that your teeth hurt...darnit! Caught in a feedback loop again!  :devil
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:43:44 PM »
Interestingly enough, I showed more A2A skill than ever before after coming back from a multi-month lax. I still got murdered, but they were very long, even, 1v1 fights with a player regarded for his skill. I was proud of myself...and confused as to why I can't be that awesome after a three year binge. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:37:17 AM »
Welcome back. 

Even when I take a week off, I can see the difference. 

Don't worry, you will be back to running to your ack/help in no time :)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 12:43:52 PM »
You were gone, gavagai?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 08:08:28 AM »
  I have to play everyday to maintain the ability to hit anything. Since I dont play everyday..well..there ya go :)

~AoM~