Author Topic: AH2 Linux Version  (Read 299 times)

Offline Guymed

• Zinc Member
AH2 Linux Version
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:04:12 PM »
I know there is already a thread about this, but I am posting this anyway. I am building a gaming computer using Ubuntu linux. Since Aces High 2 is my favorite computer game besides MS Flight Simulator X, I really wanted to see AH2 work in Wine on an Ubuntu test computer. It wont even load in wine. Because of the growing number of Linux/Ubuntu users, I think the developers of AH2 should make a linux version. Besides, I don't feel like installing Windows emulators like wine just to play a game. Besides, a lot of games have higher FPS rating in linux due to the fact that linux consumes a lot less RAM and CPU than Windows. I hope to see some simulator like AH2 to come out for linux, and I hope that sim will be this one. Anyway this post is probably useless, the devs may not even care about the wanting of AH2 for Linux.

~Guymed-

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH2 Linux Version
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »
Somebody got AH2 to load in Wine or Cedega. Check out the Hardware and Software forum (you will probably have to use search).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 01:08:36 PM by Motherland »

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »
My friend uses Linux... maybe he should try it in wine.

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Guymed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
EDIT: Sorry, I take time to write my posts so it's contents no longer sound right when responding to other posts.

To Motherland:

I think that service starts with a C, and I think you have to pay for it too.

To everyone reading:

The reason I posted on the wish list is because I am wishing for a full, downloadable made-for-linux version of AH2.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 01:20:10 PM by Guymed »

Offline Scrap13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:24:16 PM »
Had BETA 2.13.2 Working in Kubuntu 9.04 with wine 1.0.1 but since upgrade to 2.13.5 It has been hanging up... Funny though that the splash screen shows in wine but not my XP system