Author Topic: Youre hopes for the new update  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Youre hopes for the new update
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nipper

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 09:47:30 AM »
Cupholders and furry dice.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »
new computer from HTC :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 10:07:22 AM »
Historical tracer colors.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »
Yes GV spawns are way to long. If I wanted to drive all the time I would be a truck driver. The distance from a spawn to the base would be fine with me if the enemy spawn was next to were our spawn was. I want to spawn in and start shooting at enemy tanks by the time I hit 3rd gear. Driving for 15 minutes just to shoot at another tank one time before some moron with a bomb kills you is getting old. The only time I fly is to take a P-51 up and go kill ords at a base so I can GV in peace fro a half an hour.

R-105

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »
Yes GV spawns are way to long. If I wanted to drive all the time I would be a truck driver. The distance from a spawn to the base would be fine with me if the enemy spawn was next to were our spawn was. I want to spawn in and start shooting at enemy tanks by the time I hit 3rd gear. Driving for 15 minutes just to shoot at another tank one time before some moron with a bomb kills you is getting old. The only time I fly is to take a P-51 up and go kill ords at a base so I can GV in peace fro a half an hour.

R-105

Your problem is that your attacking an air base. The moron bombing you is thinking the same about the moron in the tank attacking the air base I'm sure. More on moronics later..... now back to your normal programming.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 10:43:09 AM »
I want to spawn in and start shooting at enemy tanks by the time I hit 3rd gear.
Somehow I don't think you could remove no man's land like that.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 10:56:10 AM »
Getting a new FM on the P-38, as it is now it is clearly over modeled.  Almost perkable I'd say.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »
Sure you can shorten up no mans land and have a lot of fun doing it. Like at V85 I forget the name of the map but that is a great spawn. One v base to another and yet I still see bombed up planes flying in from a far away air bases not being attacked by a GV just to drop on a tank. V85 is one of the best GV spawns in the game. Spawn in and start shooting.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »
What do hope to see in the new update? besides the new planes they have already shown us.

My #1 is for all LVT spawns to be at least 5K to 6K from any base after spawning from the CV. That is what GV spawns are so the LVT's should be no different.Nomore feet dry spawns nomatter where the cv is positioned. If the cv is inside of 5K from a base or port the LVT's should spawn outside the CV at least 5 - 6K from the base. This will allow those that put in the effort to prepare a port by dropping the VH and clearing GV's from the field,then de-acking while fending off fighters from CV to take said base without the horde of feet dry LVT's from keeping the auto ack up.

what do you hope to see changed??
:huh
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »
Land mines. Strats that mean something. Less whining and chest thumping. More salutes and wtg's. A nice hot steaming cup of stfu for the armchair generals. Permasquelch. Dead guys to deal with it and a puppy.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 01:35:15 PM »
Getting a new FM on the P-38, as it is now it is clearly over modeled.  Almost perkable I'd say.

Pffft!  Stop pratteling about the P-38 FM & go serve some British tourists a helping of Yorkshire pudding.  :D

Perk the Dweebfire16 & un-perk the N00bfire14

Fight Like a Girl

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »
Wotan: This game realy consist of 2 things.

1. Is the code/art/gameplay side of AH.

2. The other is the people/community.

There can be problems and bugs in both, and just like we strive to make the code and art the best, we also strive to make the community the best.

It's fine and dandy to say, just squelch some one.

Btw I agree, just calling some one a whiner is also not a solution.

But if you look at that from a community stand point, it realy is just sticking your head in the sand to the problem. i.e. let someone else deal with it. This attitude fosters and breeds it's self, and sudenly doing anything you wan't is "accepatble" on line and on this bbs.

This is why we have never implemented a perminate squelch list, if some one is so problematic that lots of people want to put them on a perminate squelch list, well quite frankly that person should not be here. At the moment Im asking YOU if you have any ideas how to lower the problem, and also if you think it IS a problem.

Then there is also my personal factor, don't for a moment think we don't get totaly sick of "Stupid complaints" like mandables in this thread.

The spawn point thing is not even true.
And CV's are suppose to be searched for.

It gets to a point that we can't even keep up with false truths like b17 50 cal leathlity, one persone whines. Next people take it as fact that buff guns are more leathal then others. Ive told one indivdual mutliple times about it, and he still persist in spreading the same false hoods via whinnes.

Had mandable said the same items in a different way it would be a simple proccesses to deal with, when stated like "Absurd features" he is not asking us to change anything, he is not  asking for information all he is doing and has a disire (at least aperntly ) is to throw mud.
He couldn't even state it as absurde features Id like to see changed.

SMUT once said "it's like a death of a 1000 pin salamanders" and he was right.

Now im not the slitest bit upset at the moment. After 7 years of this stuff you do develope a thick skin, but every once in a while the community needs a swift kick in the behind to make them aware of a problem, and we are rapidly reaching that point.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 03:09:37 PM »
Land mines. Strats that mean something. Less whining and chest thumping. More salutes and wtg's. A nice hot steaming cup of stfu for the armchair generals. Permasquelch. Dead guys to deal with it and a puppy.
World peace would be easier and sooner in coming :lol

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »
Had a touch of the multi spawns have we?  :rofl  Ain't we all.  I feel your pain but look here

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,267755.msg3344051.html#msg3344051

It has been addressed.  As for the 6k spawn that's ridiculous.  Panzer for example travels at 25mph but an LVT travels at 8mph in the water.  Are YOU going to be the poor sucker driving the LVT for 40 minutes.  No your not  :rolleyes:  Are you going to be the poor sucker doing high Cv cap, localised field porking, flying the goon 50 miles because it's quicker.... no your not.

My wish would be for a strat system that had more of an impact.  Not severe enough to stop game play but severe enough for the strat players to fear loosing their resources. 

Ofcause my number 1 pet hate is dive bombing heavy bombers. Limit bomb release to F6 view only. :pray  This would hinder accuracy and perhaps snap a few wings off.  It would also be a welcome relief to Gv'ers who are increasingly getting carpeted....mostly by other Gv'er   :rofl

I've made many posts about both over the last 5 years so don't go holding your breath. :P

Being a Gv'er who rarely uses bombs in planes, this would make me happy not to get bombed by an angry Gv'er I just killed in my Sherman. Course there will still be the carpet bombs from bombers to contend with. +1.  :cry
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:17:49 PM by Scratchman »
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!