Author Topic: Youre hopes for the new update  (Read 1730 times)

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
Youre hopes for the new update
« on: July 09, 2009, 10:01:49 PM »
What do hope to see in the new update? besides the new planes they have already shown us.

My #1 is for all LVT spawns to be at least 5K to 6K from any base after spawning from the CV. That is what GV spawns are so the LVT's should be no different.Nomore feet dry spawns nomatter where the cv is positioned. If the cv is inside of 5K from a base or port the LVT's should spawn outside the CV at least 5 - 6K from the base. This will allow those that put in the effort to prepare a port by dropping the VH and clearing GV's from the field,then de-acking while fending off fighters from CV to take said base without the horde of feet dry LVT's from keeping the auto ack up.

what do you hope to see changed??

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Youre hopes for the new update
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:08:44 PM »
There's a whole subforum for wishing for changes. I wouldn't expect sweeping changes in gameplay either.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:34:13 PM »
World Peace.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »
Whirled Peas
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:53:29 PM »
What do hope to see in the new update? besides the new planes they have already shown us.

My #1 is for all LVT spawns to be at least 5K to 6K from any base after spawning from the CV. That is what GV spawns are so the LVT's should be no different.Nomore feet dry spawns nomatter where the cv is positioned. If the cv is inside of 5K from a base or port the LVT's should spawn outside the CV at least 5 - 6K from the base. This will allow those that put in the effort to prepare a port by dropping the VH and clearing GV's from the field,then de-acking while fending off fighters from CV to take said base without the horde of feet dry LVT's from keeping the auto ack up.

It's around 8k

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 11:17:53 PM »
No more HOing, running, picking or ganging.   :aok
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »
perk the spit 16 as they should be

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 03:22:42 AM »
Limit the number of pointless threads on the BBS :aok

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 03:27:43 AM »
I hope I actually have some ability to dogfight, as it stand now I have none.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 03:53:16 AM »
Thing you have to remember about LVTs is they only do something like 5 mph in the water. So LVT spawns from CVs need to be much nearer the base for the journey times to be the same as normal GVs. Totally agree about no feet dry spawns though.

My wishes for the new version would be to revise the scoring so the numbers of red and green icons in view at the time of a kill become a factor. Lot more friends than enemy in icon range = lower score and vice versa. This would encourage the score driven players to leave the safety of the horde.

I'd like puffy ack to be halved in range and increased in strength to compensate.

For the next terrain editor I would like a lot more variety to the objects that can be added to an MA terrain; villages, bridges, rivers (that work) etc. Stuff that allows the terrain builder to make his terrain look and play differently to other terrains.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 06:26:25 AM »
Limit the number of pointless threads on the BBS :aok
plus spell it right
your*
just saying
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 06:37:27 AM »

For the next terrain editor I would like a lot more variety to the objects that can be added to an MA terrain; villages, bridges, rivers (that work) etc. Stuff that allows the terrain builder to make his terrain look and play differently to other terrains.

I was hoping that these features would be in the next AH 2 update rather than an emphasis on new planes.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 06:43:28 AM »

Had a touch of the multi spawns have we?  :rofl  Ain't we all.  I feel your pain but look here

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,267755.msg3344051.html#msg3344051

It has been addressed.  As for the 6k spawn that's ridiculous.  Panzer for example travels at 25mph but an LVT travels at 8mph in the water.  Are YOU going to be the poor sucker driving the LVT for 40 minutes.  No your not  :rolleyes:  Are you going to be the poor sucker doing high Cv cap, localised field porking, flying the goon 50 miles because it's quicker.... no your not.

My wish would be for a strat system that had more of an impact.  Not severe enough to stop game play but severe enough for the strat players to fear loosing their resources. 

Ofcause my number 1 pet hate is dive bombing heavy bombers. Limit bomb release to F6 view only. :pray  This would hinder accuracy and perhaps snap a few wings off.  It would also be a welcome relief to Gv'ers who are increasingly getting carpeted....mostly by other Gv'er  :rofl

I've made many posts about both over the last 5 years so don't go holding your breath. :P

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:37 AM »
I know this game is mostly about aircraft but since there are GVs, a few tweeks to GVs physics:

that brushing up against a hedgerow, much less a building doesn't flip tank over.

that GVs that don't totally flip over not oscillate endlessly.

that HE rounds that detonate when they hit a leaf don't ricochet off of armor.

the damage modeling isn't all it could be, but i can live with it. but the collision modeling is pretty lame.
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline fuddu2

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/13midwestpilotgroup/
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 09:42:25 AM »
I know this game is mostly about aircraft but since there are GVs, a few tweeks to GVs physics:

that brushing up against a hedgerow, much less a building doesn't flip tank over.

that GVs that don't totally flip over not oscillate endlessly.

that HE rounds that detonate when they hit a leaf don't ricochet off of armor.

the damage modeling isn't all it could be, but i can live with it. but the collision modeling is pretty lame.

I would have to agree :rock

13 Midwest Pilot Group
GELU CRUOR IUGUOLO