Author Topic: JESTER, to settle our argument earlier...  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: JESTER, to settle our argument earlier...
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »

No offense but there must be a lot of people who don't have the "elementary" part down...

True.  This is why the quality of gameplay has deteriorated in recent years.

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2009, 11:42:46 AM »
Well I absolutely DO get it my friend - hasn't changed since '86 in AW/GEnie when someone parked a 50cal jeep right behind an enemies spawn point - I, and I'm sure many others also,  am one who just won't be dictated to by people who insist THEIR highway is the only one. (we're NOT talking about players who abuse the game - ackstars/bomb&bail/hackers etc etc.) And I don't think this is any place to go bashing people who don't see things exactly your way.

If you want to change peoples views you'll have better success with educating them to your point of view - but don't be surprised if there are just as strongly held positions on the other side.

If you're rolling from a capped field - use a BnZ plane in a fur ball - try to outdive F4u in a zeke - then don't be too surprised if there is a negative outcome - don't then go calling the other people, who nail you, out saying they shouldn't be playing that way.

Once again : arcade style/historical stlye - to each their own without judgement.

Remember however - if you find yourself in a fair fight - you made a BIG mistake!! LOL

Safe Skys!  :)

...just my opinion eh!
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »
I have a question for the people who enjoy taking bases:

Considering that when taking bases in an unlimited-life situation such as Aces High, the attacker faces much higher attrition (because of the longer time it takes them to reach the base), is it really in the attacking force's best interest to have their limited "resources" immediately present their enemy with a 50/50 chance of shooting them down?

I'm not much of a base-taker myself, so I'd hope someone could clear this up for me.  I'm under the impression that much of the community thinks this is a great idea.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:40 AM »
A Flying Tiger lives in my town and will tell you the ho is a valid and effective tactic, one which he used many times.  I dont think I will call him a noob.  (and yes I understand this is a game and that was real life).  I just hear a lot of folks talking about tactics.
won the joust and they went guns first on me.

Used to be friends with David Lee Hill (also an AVG pilot if you didn't know), and if you'd look at the REASON they'd HO (even if they were forward deflection shots most of the time, high 12'o'clock), you'd be asking a P-40B who's pilot was most likely once off of a carrier, and some never had flight experience before Clair Chennault, to get into a "stall" (turning) fight with a Japanese plane, ie the KI or A6M, which we all know wouldn't turn out so well, which is why the AVG had such HUGE success, they knew to use their gun advantage rather than feed into the maneuverability advantage the Japanese had due to the lightweight and practically armorless airframe.

This thread was not designed to be a "he's a noob he HOd" thread, this thread was made to clear up a discrepancy with Jester as to who's guns went hot first, his or mine. He had said he saw my guns going, and I knew I saw his. Both our planes walked away with oil damage, and his limped away without an engine. ;)
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »
Yawn.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »

wake up waystin, I got's an AK47 and some crack. Lets party.   :x

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »
Well I absolutely DO get it my friend - hasn't changed since '86 in AW/GEnie when someone parked a 50cal jeep right behind an enemies spawn point - I, and I'm sure many others also,  am one who just won't be dictated to by people who insist THEIR highway is the only one. (we're NOT talking about players who abuse the game - ackstars/bomb&bail/hackers etc etc.) And I don't think this is any place to go bashing people who don't see things exactly your way.

If you want to change peoples views you'll have better success with educating them to your point of view - but don't be surprised if there are just as strongly held positions on the other side.

If you're rolling from a capped field - use a BnZ plane in a fur ball - try to outdive F4u in a zeke - then don't be too surprised if there is a negative outcome - don't then go calling the other people, who nail you, out saying they shouldn't be playing that way.

Once again : arcade style/historical stlye - to each their own without judgement.

Remember however - if you find yourself in a fair fight - you made a BIG mistake!! LOL

Safe Skys!  :)

...just my opinion eh!
There are many highways.... I am refering to the ones who operate under the highway and might improve with some guidance.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »
True.  This is why the quality of gameplay has deteriorated in recent years.
Sorry man but I have to disagree...the "quality of gameplay" is primarily dictated by the game itself...not the people...the players simply learn to use the various elements of the game to their own advantages...in an FPS it's character flexibility, simulated weapons and environment...in a flight sim it's simulated aircraft, simulated weapons and understanding the basics of simulated flight...

I'm willing to bet the percentage of real life combat experienced pilots playing this game is very slim...even then those who are combat experienced pilots are most likely jet age pilots...big difference in tactics and strategies from WWI to WWII to jet era...technology forced those changes.

Why is it that "old cyber aces" here as well as the "other flight sim" automatically assume you're the ultimate experts in aerial combat just because you've been playing a flight simulator for 10 or more years? Because you've read every book ever written on WWII aerial combat? Because you spent more money on your cyber flying hardware than you have on clothes in the past 10 years? All it proves is you know how to read and calibrate a joy stick. squeaking, moaning, whining, chiding, talking trash, etc...at people who don't immediately conform to your idea of how to fight in their cartoon planes only makes you look like a little kid.

I enjoy a good dogfight as much as anyone...but if I find myself in circumstances that dictate the expeditious dispatching of an opponent to improve my chances of survival...I'll take whatever shot is available...

For all you "expert uber cyber aces"...if you're that good...you should know how to outmaneuver someone who may end up ho'ing just so you don't have something to squeak about in the first place...

Sorry for hijacking your post Trigger.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »
Sorry man but I have to disagree...the "quality of gameplay" is primarily dictated by the game itself...not the people...the players simply learn to use the various elements of the game to their own advantages...in an FPS it's character flexibility, simulated weapons and environment...in a flight sim it's simulated aircraft, simulated weapons and understanding the basics of simulated flight...

I'm willing to bet the percentage of real life combat experienced pilots playing this game is very slim...even then those who are combat experienced pilots are most likely jet age pilots...big difference in tactics and strategies from WWI to WWII to jet era...technology forced those changes.

Why is it that "old cyber aces" here as well as the "other flight sim" automatically assume you're the ultimate experts in aerial combat just because you've been playing a flight simulator for 10 or more years? Because you've read every book ever written on WWII aerial combat? Because you spent more money on your cyber flying hardware than you have on clothes in the past 10 years? All it proves is you know how to read and calibrate a joy stick. squeaking, moaning, whining, chiding, talking trash, etc...at people who don't immediately conform to your idea of how to fight in their cartoon planes only makes you look like a little kid.

I enjoy a good dogfight as much as anyone...but if I find myself in circumstances that dictate the expeditious dispatching of an opponent to improve my chances of survival...I'll take whatever shot is available...

For all you "expert uber cyber aces"...if you're that good...you should know how to outmaneuver someone who may end up ho'ing just so you don't have something to squeak about in the first place...

Sorry for hijacking your post Trigger.

Cheesehead.   :rofl :rofl :rofl

Sorry, couldn't resist.

<--- Minnesota
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
Cheesehead.   :rofl :rofl :rofl

Sorry, couldn't resist.

<--- Minnesota

ROFLMAO!!!  :rofl  I bet on the Vikings every year...shhh...  ;)

I'm just a cheesehead by geography...chased some kitty up here from New Orleans and the bus hasn't returned to take me back...  :D

jarhed  

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »
Now when you learn a bit more about flying your plane you'll quit doing that and try to win a fight rather than just get a kill. New folks tend to HO because they know no other way. Once they gain experience then they learn to maneuver their aircraft to actually fight. At that point the real fun starts.

I call BS on this statement, I play this game because its a way to get frusteration out of a long days work, getting away from the wife, and just having fun. Shooting down planes NO MATTER how I do it is fun, I like to take up bombers and purposly fly into a furball to get kills,

Remember it takes 2 to HO and if you really know how to fly you can avoid the HO no matter what, if you dont like the HO then avoid it, dont fly straight into it like an idiot

If i wanted to have fun by manuevering aircraft, I would go offline and fly circles around the drones.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:16:02 PM by Flipperk »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2009, 02:34:13 PM »
I have a question for the people who enjoy taking bases:

Considering that when taking bases in an unlimited-life situation such as Aces High, the attacker faces much higher attrition (because of the longer time it takes them to reach the base), is it really in the attacking force's best interest to have their limited "resources" immediately present their enemy with a 50/50 chance of shooting them down?

I'm not much of a base-taker myself, so I'd hope someone could clear this up for me.  I'm under the impression that much of the community thinks this is a great idea.

I have a feeling this is one of those questions that won't be answered...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »

I was crushed in a fight the other day by a fellow who flies with just a mouse...

IMO, you're getting pretty worked up over what was (initially) mere advice.  Your initial post came across as someone who might benefit from some.  If you keep up your attitude, however, I'm not so certain people are going to continue offering it (and we ALL need it).
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »

Remember it takes 2 to HO

No, it doesn't.  Another noobs attempt to redefine long standing terms:  DENIED
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »
IMO, you're getting pretty worked up over what was (initially) mere advice.  Your initial post came across as someone who might benefit from some.  If you keep up your attitude, however, I'm not so certain people are going to continue offering it (and we ALL need it).

I'm not worked up Vudak...takes more than some sideways snipe attempt at ridicule to get me worked up.

If some of what was posted in my direction is advice...no thanks...I tend to give advice in a way that makes it more likely to be received...(i.e. "some people really dislike having someone HO them, you can avoid it fairly easily by doing...blah blah blah.")...that's advice.
jarhed