Author Topic: Yesterday Late war arena  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Yesterday Late war arena
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 10:25:57 AM »
One more thing.... Keep in mind the colors on the map if you change anything. I had a wingman that set his wingman color to white... easy to see on most terrains. We flew a scenario on a snowed in terrain..... he lost me as soon as we encountered the enemy. My white icon blending in with the snow meant he lost me and could not follow along.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 10:37:06 AM »
I've already bought the "In Persuit" book and Bob Shaw's book as well.

Try "Check 6" as well...

(I'm not personally a fan of "In Pursuit," TBH.  It should be called, "If they're in pursuit, then run!" ;) ).
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »
Beware of the helpful ALT F4 messages. :D
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 05:52:54 PM »
Wow... More great info!

I only know I don't know a lot..... Don't know what it is......

I guess I should make sure that my radio is just tuned to my country only.......I wonder what mission I  was supposed to be flying.

I have invested in a CH Combatstick and, rudder pedals. They work great but the "stick" is a little large so, it's been a little tough to get used to the POV Hat. I don't have a headset yet......I'm not the fastest at typing messages either. Pretty much all of my typing has been thanking people for getting me out of trouble....... So far the only complements I've gotten in the arena is "wow, you dragged that guy perfectly..." I'm thinking...Great, glad you thought so. I was just trying to see where the #@!% He was shooting me from.

Apparently... Here at least, great pilots are not born. They're made.... By being killed over and, over and, over again..... At least I hope so, because if it's true.... I'm well on my way to greatness!!!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »

I have invested in a CH Combatstick and, rudder pedals. They work great but the "stick" is a little large so, it's been a little tough to get used to the POV Hat. I don't have a headset yet......I'm not the fastest at typing messages either. Pretty much all of my typing has been thanking people for getting me out of trouble....... So far the only complements I've gotten in the arena is "wow, you dragged that guy perfectly..." I'm thinking...Great, glad you thought so. I was just trying to see where the #@!% He was shooting me from.

Go down to your local hardware store and grab some foam tubing.  With about 3/4" or so of that, and a rubber band, your CH stick will fit perfectly :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 05:59:01 AM »
Hey Vudak,

Thanks for the foam idea but, I think it might make it more difficult.
I use the large trigger button for my up view and my thumb to rotate the POV hat. Because the CH Combatstick is a little large my hand slips off sometimes....Part of it is my fault and just not being used to it.

I think if I had any thing else around the stick it might make my grip a little worse, unless I missed the point.

Thanks

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 08:25:26 AM »
Hey Vudak,

Thanks for the foam idea but, I think it might make it more difficult.
I use the large trigger button for my up view and my thumb to rotate the POV hat. Because the CH Combatstick is a little large my hand slips off sometimes....Part of it is my fault and just not being used to it.

I think if I had any thing else around the stick it might make my grip a little worse, unless I missed the point.

Thanks

I don't think we're on the same page...  You attach the foam to the base of the joystick  to effectively raise the rest/supporter for the bottom of your hand.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 11:18:05 AM »
I don't think we're on the same page...  You attach the foam to the base of the joystick to effectively raise the rest/supporter for the bottom of your hand.

This is almost standard operation for most folks. I have dense foam on my base. Effectively raising the hand rest up about one inch.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:21:03 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »
Ok...On the same page. Now it makes sense.

LOL

Thanks!

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 05:19:25 PM »

I have invested in a CH Combatstick and, rudder pedals. They work great but the "stick" is a little large so, it's been a little tough to get used to the POV Hat.

I had the same problem with mt CH Combatstick, the grip is large and I have rather small hands (you know what they say about people with small hands.... they have little tiny gloves!  :x), enough so that I couldn't push up the hat switch with my thumb and still keep my hand around the grip and index finger on primary weapon at the same time. That, coupled with the feeling of awkwardness that comes with not ever having used hat-switches for views before - never flown sims prior to this one, not since the early '90's - there was one VERY GOOD solution that I cannot live without now....

TrackIR.

Seriously. worth. every. penny.

If you haven't heard of it before, look into it. Lets you move the view on the screen by moving your head.

Apparently... Here at least, great pilots are not born. They're made.... By being killed over and, over and, over again..... At least I hope so, because if it's true.... I'm well on my way to greatness!!!

You and me, brother!
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 05:34:11 PM »
TrackIR looks awesome. I'd love to get it..... Actually I have to get a headset this weekend......
Then TrackIR.