Author Topic: Verticle reverse film or how to.......  (Read 1228 times)

Offline onan

• Copper Member
Verticle reverse film or how to.......
« on: July 18, 2009, 04:27:01 AM »
Hi guys,
Am looking for a training fim or such, of the Verticle reverse.  or a step guide to how it's done. 
I've been getting some good help in the forums and thanks to all who've given advice.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Verticle reverse film or how to.......
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 06:55:00 AM »
Hi guys,
Am looking for a training fim or such, of the Verticle reverse.  or a step guide to how it's done. 
I've been getting some good help in the forums and thanks to all who've given advice.

You suverners need to be a little more specific.  Not quite sure what your getting at here.  Are you talking "roping the dope" or "hammerhead".

Roping is where you go vertical dragging the con up with you.  By the way you should have a greater energy state than the con when doing this.  When the con starts to stalls out it's a simple matter of looping over to dive down.

Hammerheads are more technical in that you use rudder to kind of skid the tail around the wing when reversing to point back down.

This link has a vertical reverse description + others,

http://www.combataircraft.com/tactics/index.aspx

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 06:59:19 AM »
Lol, cheers Lynx.  Will remember that.  Ta for the gen on hammer-head.

Offline prono

• Copper Member

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »
Here is a video I made of a reverse that uses the vertical.  Its not a rope or hammer head, more of a barrel role, that becomes a scissor. 

Is this what you were looking for?  Hope it helps

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,239112.0.html
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 03:08:48 PM »
Cheers Guys, think I have a grip on what is going on and what the terminology for "vertical-Reverse" meant buy the guy who originally gave me the advice.  Was confused by Vertical and reverse in one move.
Oh well got a lot to learn.
Thanks
See you in the arenas.
My handle is KlunK <S>

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 01:55:23 AM »
I fixed the links in that other thread.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 02:05:56 AM »
welcome to the game Klunk  :aok 

my best advice is to get into the DA with someone of reputable skill / knowledge and fight them for a good  few hours. 

how did you do that ?   etc  film the fights and try to assess what is happening and how one eventually ends up on your six.  More can be learnt in this situation than hours trolling around in the Main Arena.

What times do you usually get online?  I've got early shifts for the next 3 weeks   :cry frees up my afternoons.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 07:31:48 AM »
Thanks Bruv.  I haven't really got a fixed slot.  Work for myself and have 5 kids wanting what's left of my day.  I can normally get an hour or 2 each eve.  About 9-11pm.  But hey!  Thanks for the offer, I'll look on the roster for your tag.  Have been filming the last few sorties and realise that my SA is crap.  Bogie's not where I thought they were etc.....
Great game though.
<S>

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »
onan,

alot for the imformation your looking for can be found here  http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

look through "fighter tactics" section on lower left of page!

:salute

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 02:14:09 PM »
I have been working on this maneuver for awhile. Except I start with a lead turn and then a barrel roll. this puts me on the bandits six oclock and i dont have to work at a snap shot. I will have to figure out how to post video and I will post the video for comments.

Same set up as jerkins explains in his video except i pull up into the vert and barrel roll before the merge. To keep from getting shot in the belly I allways pull up so my lift vector is away from the bandits currrent flight path. and at his 3 or nine line. i point my nose at his wingtip and pull. Sometimes  my lead turn is more flat and not in the vert but as I barrel roll I come out on his six. If the bandit is smart it will start a rolling scissors. 99% of the time they pull into the vert and die. If I dont have enough E I nose down and let them come over the top again and start the process over Each time bleeding there E. The more refinded my lead turn and roll the more E I keep.

On video it looks like a small lead turn very shallow barrel roll and if placed right I am in sync with his turn as they have made half my turn for me. It seems to me that most of the time since the bandit still wants to get on my six they will keep turning which only seems to help me.

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 02:22:51 PM »
Thanks Morfiend, jerkins, Sonic  :aok 
The films are a great help <S>
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:34:45 PM by onan »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »
Before you fight in the vertical you might want to check out the ablities of the plane you'll be flying as compared to other aircraft. Some can really climb well and hang on the prop or props. Match that with a planes E state and you have a lot of things to calculate other than just keeping the plane in the virtual skies.

The greatest help you'll get is in the Training Arena snd Stick Time.  Good Luck!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 02:58:14 PM »
Thanks Shuffler.
Yeah, it's not just the move but also who I'm trying to avoid, or kill.
I've been riding the P-47-D-11.  The "Razorback".  I posted a thread on the jug a while back and got some great help.
One piece of advice was to say that it zoom climbs pretty good and that I could use the verticle reverse as an aid to escape a bogey on my six...........it hasn't worked so far and I have changed "tac" and avoided fighting in the verticle with this plane.  Although I still use the Zoom.
In the the 2 or so weeks that I have been flying her I've kept the fight above 5k to give me room to dive away from nasties and avoided vertical tangles with TnB crates.  Kept my E state high (stayed above 200).   On engagement I stay fast and only do 1 turn and then bust out up to alt and wait for another go.  The advice I got was that the Jug is an energy fighter and if you're low and slow it's the first target.  That tells me it's a BnZ machine. 
I'm trying to find out what it can and can't do and stay alive to keep trying new stuff with it.
AH is a geat game and is keeping me awake at night thinking of what I did wrong each time, but hey I'm learning.
Thanks to all who've chipped in with tips :aok
<S>

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »
When you get on sometime if you want to go to the DA and just practise cold merges. Just pm me and let me know.
I found that because so much is going in a fight it is best to practise the move until you dont have to think about it anymore. then in the fight you just find yourself doing it.

Ingame id is Sonicblu