Author Topic: Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 27357 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Dueling Bracket & Results
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »
[EDIT] Pre-first:  Skuzzy, could you sticky this until the tourney ends?  Thanks.

First a re-post of the rules.  I added a section on posting films for contested duels:

Rules:

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names out of a hat (or other convenient container).
- If there are odd numbers of players I will work them into the brackets although they may have to fly more or less rounds than other players.  They will be those chosen last in the random draw.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by midnight CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all availble fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- The loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel loadout with players choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Intentionally ditching or bailing constitutes forfieture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other recieves a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.
- Both players will film all duels in case of a dispute.
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested.
- If a duel series is contested the contesting player must post their films at a public hosting web-site and link them to this thread by the deadline.  It will be preferred if both players do this.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 midnight Central Daylight Time Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Monday.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfiet the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between the players or nothing has been posted regarding results in the alloted time one player will be selected by random draw to advance to the next round.
- In the case of contested results both players films will be reviewed by the review committee and a determination will be posted no later than 48 hours after the initial posting deadline.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made a winner will be selected by random draw.  The review committee's determination will be final.  Because this will delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.  In any case, then next duels deadlines WILL NOT be delayed.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Monday, July 20 and each Monday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

Next, an updated and final roster (sorry wurzel... I couldn't let you off that easy).  In-game name followed by BBs name:

4Fox   -   Fox       
A8Grind   -   Grind       
AAJagerX   -   AAJagerX      
Amsoil   -   Amsoil21       
ANGELS10 -   angels10       
Assi   -   DMBEAR       
B4Buster    -   B4Buster       
BaldEagl    -   BaldEagl    -   Administrator
batfinkv   -   mechanic      
Belial    -   Belial       
Biggamer   -   Biggamer      
Black70   -   Black Jack       
Bmathis   -   Bmathis      
Bodhi    -   Bodhi       
Boozeman -   Boozeman       
Bosco   -   Bosco123      
Bubi   -   Motherland       
Cobra516 -   Cobra516      
DadRabit    -   DadRabit       
Darth2   -   hunter128      
DaveyJ   -   DaveJ      
Dodger   -   jododger       
DoNKeY   -   DoNKeY      
DuHasst   -   stroker71      
Flatiron   -   flatiron1      
floatsup   -   4deck       
ForkTail   -   Grape      
fudgums    -   fudgums       
gwurzel   -   gpwurzel      
horble   -   horble      
INK   -   ink      
Jerkins   -   jerkins   -   Review Committee Alternate
JimmyC    -   JimmyC       
JRjolly   -   jolly22      
JunkyII   -   JunkyII      
Kil02   -   kilo2       
Lazer   -   Lazerr       
lazydog    -   lazydog       
Mazz   -   Saurdaukar      
Mensa   -   mensa180      
mike254    -   mike254       
MjTalon   -   MjTalon      
moot    -   moot       
Nisky   -   Nisky   -   Review Committee
pervert    -   pervert       
PFactorD   -   PFactorDave       
rattler   -   Rattler      
RedTeck    -   RedTeck       
RufLeak   -   RufusLeaking      
shreck    -   shreck       
snaphook   -   humble      
Snefens   -   LLv34_Snefens      
StokesAk -   StokesAk       
Sunbatt   -   SunBat       
sunsfan   -   sunfan1121       
sveno   -   sveno      
SWneo   -   infowars      
TC   -   TequilaChaser   -   Review Committee
TexsTC   -   texastc316      
Tongs   -   SPKmes      
TonyJoey -   TonyJoey       
uptown    -   uptown       
Vudak    -   Vudak    -   Review Committee
WMSol   -   Sol75      

And finally, the first round match-up's.  Your first duel aircraft is posted in red between your names:

*Note:  Since Wurzel tried to withdraw if there is no way that he can duel Bodhi will get the only first week bye.

Let's all have fun gents.  You have until midnight Sunday to complete and post results for the first round.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:29:32 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »
GL ALL! <S> and Have fun.
Oh and Great GREAT job BldEagle, <S> was very good initiative on your part.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:52:24 AM by Bosco123 »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:47:11 AM »
Only got today really to fix this fight up Bodhi, as I'm working nights from tomorrow night (7pm uk time). P38L? sheesh lol....... :D

Runs away to find out how to fly this bird  ;)

Wurzel (Bald, will try and get this fight done)
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »
I am at work until 6PM tonight MST.  Won't be home until 7PM MST...  will you be around then?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:27:32 AM »
That'll be around midnight my time, I can stay up that long  :D I might even be awake as well lol......

Wurzel

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:51 AM »
Of course I get batfink, looks like I'm out first round :).  And in a 190 of all things!
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 10:44:05 AM »
That'll be around midnight my time, I can stay up that long  :D I might even be awake as well lol......

Wurzel

I think that's more like 2:00 AM.

http://www.timeanddate.com/
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 10:45:54 AM »
My prediction................... .............

Cleveland Browns will be in last place.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »
Thanks for the work bald!  :salute

Now, to set up the duels with redteck.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »

Wurzel

I will try to get home earlier.  Will you be online?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »
I'll try fella, if I'm not you'll have to get a forfeit from me - sorry bout this bud.

Wurzel

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 11:33:42 AM »
Anyone taking bets on Betfair? :D

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 12:08:39 PM »
Anyone taking bets on Betfair? :D

stick a score on TJ for me.   ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »
*Note:  Since Wurzel tried to withdraw if there is no way that he can duel Bodhi will get the only first week bye.

I'll take his place if he still wants to withdrawal.

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:20 PM »
Hey im flying under a different callsign as of friday.. sorry.