Author Topic: Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 27932 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #465 on: September 11, 2009, 05:05:49 PM »
I can see where being from different countries and timezones can be difficult. If saying Go Moot Go is petty then Go bat go . :rolleyes:

This event has been entertaining. Maybe I'll enter the next one and see if I can make it out of the first round! :rofl  

Still, I would love to see the last two knights of the sky. Joust it out and apease the crowd. May your arrows fly straight.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:07:21 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #466 on: September 11, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »
I always am, and always have been ready. I have tried to get moot to comunicate but he is not making it easy for me. He has avoided my advances and made excuses every time i see him online and failed to reply to PM's asking for a specific time. I have wasted a few hours of my life logging in and searching for moot in the last 3 weeks.

With all due respect, i think this is a one sided problem.

YGBSM.  The reason for not having the final duel yet is petty squabbling?  Vudak's post seems to be alluding to some kind of personality conflict preventing the last two standing from agreeing on a time.

Get over yourselves.  It's a tournament.  63 people lose.  It's not the end of the world.

I am looking forward to the next round.  This tournament was well run from the start.  Let's not ruin it because of immaturity or petulance.  Let's get the next one rolling.

:salute BaldEagl.  BTW, is BE OK?  He has been absent for a while. 

A post script:  If there is anyone in the Aces High world that you can't stand enough to prevent you from one hour of dueling, then, do us all a favor, skip the next tournament. 
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #467 on: September 11, 2009, 09:39:21 PM »
He has avoided my advances and made excuses every time i see him

Maybe he's just not that into you...
-AoM-

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #468 on: September 12, 2009, 12:18:50 AM »
Batfink why don't you just take over all my work and then come here to give this lecture.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #469 on: September 12, 2009, 01:43:53 AM »
I have wasted a few hours of my life logging in and searching for moot in the last 3 weeks.

3 weeks ago was at least the semi-finals week.  
YGBSM.  The reason for not having the final duel yet is petty squabbling?  Vudak's post seems to be alluding to some kind of personality conflict preventing the last two standing from agreeing on a time.

Get over yourselves.  It's a tournament.  63 people lose.  It's not the end of the world.

I am looking forward to the next round.  This tournament was well run from the start.  Let's not ruin it because of immaturity or petulance.  Let's get the next one rolling.

:salute BaldEagl.  BTW, is BE OK?  He has been absent for a while.  

A post script:  If there is anyone in the Aces High world that you can't stand enough to prevent you from one hour of dueling, then, do us all a favor, skip the next tournament.  
post script - know the truth before you insult people.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 03:07:35 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #470 on: September 12, 2009, 02:14:34 AM »
Oh this is gunna be good match up :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #471 on: September 12, 2009, 06:58:03 AM »
Baldeagl's selected assistants have not received 1 ioda of PM's or emails regarding any time constraints, conflicts or what have you......

until that happens, then I see no problems, and only see BS script........

when you both agree on a time, please post it here and/or PM Baldeagl, Nisky, Vudak, Jerkins and me, so we can make it official  :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #472 on: September 12, 2009, 01:33:03 PM »
post script - know the truth before you insult people.
The truth is that this thing has ground to a halt because two people can't arrange 1 hour to finish it.

It is appropriate that this inaugural dueling tournament be brought to a proper conclusion. The truth is that you are one of the two people to do it..   

If the accusations of immaturity and petulance are insulting, it was an attempt to shame you into action.  However, it is obvious that nothing I can say, as someone you perceive to be beneath you, will register. For what it's worth, losing a duel because you are rusty or distracted is better than just walking away.

Moot, I had a great deal of respect for you to this point.  You fly AH2 very well.  Your posts are usually thoughtful and respectful.  If it matters from one of the unwashed commoners, I am sorry that you felt insulted. 
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #473 on: September 12, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »
"as someone you perceive to be beneath you, will register"
What the heck?? 

Everybody wants this tourny to be something good.  Ok, I agree.  You also don't want to be holding your breath for ages.  Ok, I agree.  When I say that I have too much work to do the tourny justice, and say I forfeit, so that e.g. Sunsfan could fight in my place, there's nothing petulant or shameful about it, that's just what it is.  I don't feel insulted because I did no such thing.  If I'll do something it's because it's right, not from pressure of shame, and esp not for a game..  After a 5am-8pm day of non stop studying (I'm skipping first two weeks of class to get ahead so I have an extra 2 weeks at end of semester to prepare finals), being forced to play a game just doesn't happen.  I can't do it.  I can't make myself give up hours of sleep that I absolutely need to be fresh the next day, so I can play a game that I'm not even having any fun with.  That might sound rude but that's exactly what it is.  The kinda thing that the harder you force someone to do, the least he's gonna want to do it.

Back during summer I coulda pulled it off, but not now.  So.... In my POV I wasn't going to put up any good fight, so from there the next best thing was to forfeit and let Sunsfan do the finals - I mean this is a game right, nobody's gonna go on court martial for it - which would make for as good a fight -- and that's what everyone here's really after.  Quality fights.

Well I guess not.  I spent hours last night in the DA and I'll be in there some more today.  If Batfink doesn't show up by sunday night, I will forfeit though.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #474 on: September 12, 2009, 03:26:34 PM »
"as someone you perceive to be beneath you, will register"
What the heck??
Pardon the drama.  I moan when others do it, and there I went.

The kinda thing that the harder you force someone to do, the least he's gonna want to do it.
No one can or should force anyone to do anything, game-wise.

and that's what everyone here's really after.  Quality fights.
If the standard is quality fights, then I may as well avoid the next round.  But seriously, everyone wants fun fights.  The fact that 64 of us have emotionally invested (drama again- sorry) in this tournament is why the interest in the final outcome is high. 

I spent hours last night in the DA and I'll be in there some more today.  If Batfink doesn't show up by sunday night, I will forfeit though.
I appreciate your efforts.  Good luck to both of you in the final.   

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #475 on: September 12, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »
Avoiding the next round would just mean you turn down the chance to get better and raise the quality of fights in the game by that bit.  My little brother's a concept artist.  One of the things he was told by one of the biggest names in the USA right now, at a concept art convention, was that he didn't ever mind being approached by beginners for whatever they wanted to ask, but there was nothing he could stand less than when they did it while saying something like "here's what I've made, I know it's crap but [...]"

That self-defeating attitude does no good.  Not for the person saying it nor anyone else around.  It's the exact opposite of what competition should be.  If half of the players in the game just made the small effort to just try something like this ladder, the quality of dogfights would go way up.  It would make for better quality of gameplay than any "good old days" the old guys talk about.  That's all it takes, just giving it a try.  Not gang banging or picking on a con with 2 on him already, etc.

That's not air combat.  It's not good gameplay either.  Pardon the soap box schpiel, but I really do think it's a huge potential for fun and quality stuff in the game, that's being passed up for no real reason.  The game is what you make it.  There's no small contributions when hundreds or thousands of people are making them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 03:48:54 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #476 on: September 12, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »
Moot, good flying, well done sir. That was not so bad, eh!!

round1 109G6 : moot
round2 109G6: batfinkv
round 3 Brewster: moot

here are the films, I cant wait to see moot's films as stated in the rules, and to see a first person view of my timely demise :D

round1
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/moot1.ahf

round2
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/moot_2.ahf

round3
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/moot_3.ahf

well done and Salute, glad we finally hooked up.

Well flown and thank you for the fun, i enjoyed the brewster fight most.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2009, 04:35:55 PM »
WTFG moot !!! ... WTG BatBoy ... cudos to the both of you ... you are both fine gentlemen and an asset to this game and community.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #478 on: September 12, 2009, 04:40:37 PM »
Congrats to both of you. You are both great players and have my respect on many levels. Glad it made it to completion.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:42:20 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #479 on: September 12, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »
Congrats Moot!!
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."