Author Topic: Ubuntu  (Read 344 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Ubuntu
« on: July 22, 2009, 12:35:36 PM »
OK Installed cedega on ubuntu with the intention of playing Aces High on it. I've tryed regular wine but although it installs ok Aces High goes to a white screen when I try to boot it up and it hangs. With cedega although the program works ok when I try installing Aces High I get this,

/usr/lib/transgaming_cedega/gddb.py:24: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module gddb_parser: This Python has API version 1013, module gddb_parser has version 1012.
  import gddb_parser

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :aok

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Re: Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »
Check this out...

Somebody got AH2 to load in Wine or Cedega. Check out the Hardware and Software forum (you will probably have to use search).
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:53:15 PM »
Yeah I know how to use search and have, although I haven't come across anything specific regarding a fix for my problem. I have spent the best
part of 4 hours searching google and various places and trying different things so you could hardly make me out to be lazy enough not to use search.  :rolleyes: No offense dude

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 02:49:27 PM »
No offense taken.

I just remembered someone mentioning it.  I was trying to hint a PM to Motherland would be a quick and easy solution, if he remembers that is. 
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:59:41 PM »
Oh no, I certainly don't remember how he did it, I just remember reading that he did and thinking 'oh that's cool' so I remembered it :)
The only thing I know about running AH on Cedega is that it's possible :)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »
either install a newer version of cedega which is built against python with C API v1013, or install an earlier version of the python runtime which has C API 1012.

if theres a newer version of cedega I'd do that :)

dont use python myself so not sure which versions have which C APIs, you'll have to check that.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »
No offense taken.

I just remembered someone mentioning it.  I was trying to hint a PM to Motherland would be a quick and easy solution, if he remembers that is. 

You can't give hints to me....I'm too thick to realize mate  :D

either install a newer version of cedega which is built against python with C API v1013, or install an earlier version of the python runtime which has C API 1012.
if theres a newer version of cedega I'd do that :)

dont use python myself so not sure which versions have which C APIs, you'll have to check that.

Hmm that was my thinking regards the earlier version I just can't seem to find it anywhere though  :(

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »
OK updated to the latest cedega and no it doesn't even install it, I went on the games database and it says Aces High works but any time I try and view further information it asks me to upgrade lol some chance. I give up I don't really fancy paying for a service that doesn't work thats stolen from other peoples work anyway  :rock ahh well it was a nice idea  :salute