Author Topic: www.ask.com  (Read 227 times)

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
www.ask.com
« on: July 26, 2009, 01:01:09 PM »
Can anyone please help me get rid of this!   I DID NOT install this browser,my wife did somehow.   I have tried in vain to get rid of the damn thing but I can't.   Can anyone walk me thru getting rid of this browser?

I have Mozilla Firefox but the Ask.com somehow someway took over.   Oh yeah, one other thing.  In my task manager I have  iexplore.exe running.   I don't use Internet Explorer.  Whats the deal!!!

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Re: www.ask.com
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »
What do you mean took over? Do you mean it's set as your homepage? Your going to have to be a little more specific if any of us can really help you.

If its a homepage thing that is simple. The easiest way is to go to the page you actually want as your homepage, then click on "tools" (ussually at the top of your browser) then click on options. make sure your on the "main tab) you should see some options, the one you want is "homepage" you should see some buttons under the lil window. click on use current. then click ok and voila your done.

Note: also make sure that the lil window above the hompage one is set to display my hompage when firefox starts
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »
Can anyone please help me get rid of this!   I DID NOT install this browser,my wife did somehow.   I have tried in vain to get rid of the damn thing but I can't.   Can anyone walk me thru getting rid of this browser?

I have Mozilla Firefox but the Ask.com somehow someway took over.   Oh yeah, one other thing.  In my task manager I have  iexplore.exe running.   I don't use Internet Explorer.  Whats the deal!!!
can you un-install firefox, then do a system restore? then reinstall firefox?

also, maybe going to the "add/remove programs" might get you to a place to remove it?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »
If it's homepage, go to your control panel, internet options, and under the "general" tab, change it.
If not, most likely it can be found under the "programs" tab, then click on "manage add ons." Odds are it'll be under "search providers", delete it, restart, should be good.
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 01:53:40 PM »
Ok guys thanks.   I got it figured out now.