Author Topic: Removing and suspending squads in FSO  (Read 3212 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Removing and suspending squads in FSO
« on: July 26, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
Gents,

I have removed one squad from FSO and suspended another. Both were due to attendance issues. I have also e-mailed several squads warning them of their attendance issues. If they continue with their attendance problems I will remove them as well.

I have stated before that low attendance is not such an issue. We have all experience a frame where very few squadies showed up. Having zero attendance or being well under is an entirely different issue and has a very adverse affect on the enjoyment of FSO to the attending squads. Squads that are a no-show twice over a period of several months will be removed. Squads that don’t show up because they were assigned a ride they did not like or want will be removed.

Being chronically over in your committed numbers is also a serious issue. C.O.’s can control that. They can’t control being short a few pilots for a frame now and again. Squads that are over in attendance will be reminded then suspended if they continue. If you have too many show up have them sit out, gun for you, observe with you, or gun for others.

If you do have too many show up please send an e-mail letting the Admin CM know or myself. Also post in the FSO forum as soon as possible that your extra pilots were gunners or observers.

Lastly squads that do not do the CiC orders due to real life issues will be assigned CiC duty next month. If it continues to be a problem they will be removed also. All squads are expected to fulfill their CiC responsibilities and not pass the buck to other squads. 

To all the squads that are doing their part, and more, I thank you.  :aok

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Removing and suspending squads in FSO
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »
Gents,

I have removed one squad from FSO and suspended another. Both were due to attendance issues. I have also e-mailed several squads warning them of their attendance issues. If they continue with their attendance problems I will remove them as well.

I have stated before that low attendance is not such an issue. We have all experience a frame where very few squadies showed up. Having zero attendance or being well under is an entirely different issue and has a very adverse affect on the enjoyment of FSO to the attending squads. Squads that are a no-show twice over a period of several months will be removed. Squads that don’t show up because they were assigned a ride they did not like or want will be removed.

Being chronically over in your committed numbers is also a serious issue. C.O.’s can control that. They can’t control being short a few pilots for a frame now and again. Squads that are over in attendance will be reminded then suspended if they continue. If you have too many show up have them sit out, gun for you, observe with you, or gun for others.

If you do have too many show up please send an e-mail letting the Admin CM know or myself. Also post in the FSO forum as soon as possible that your extra pilots were gunners or observers.

Lastly squads that do not do the CiC orders due to real life issues will be assigned CiC duty next month. If it continues to be a problem they will be removed also. All squads are expected to fulfill their CiC responsibilities and not pass the buck to other squads. 

To all the squads that are doing their part, and more, I thank you.  :aok

Check your e-mail.....

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I've been real busy and showing up for this last frame (3) was just by chance.  I'm pretty sure the haphazard attendance from everyone else in the squad is also random, not intentional.

And now that I think about it, we only had more than ~2 present for frame 3 because a "walk-on" was kind enough to pull his squaddies from the other arenas to fly with us.  IIRC we were only 3 from the regular squad that night, including me that wasn't supposed to be there.
edit- or 3 of us + me.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 08:55:37 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 10:29:03 PM »
Rgr moot.   :salute

Unless you received an e-mail from me stating your squad was removed or suspended you have no worries. :) There were several squads I warned about attendance also, but if you have not heard from me don't worry. :)

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 11:16:24 PM »
This situation is precisely why I reduced our commitment after our numbers dipped the last couple FSOs.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:26:18 AM »
This situation is precisely why I reduced our commitment after our numbers dipped the last couple FSOs.

Well our numbers have surged, with people coming home from overseas, and the hot weather keeping people indoors, And now my squad has been suspended for the Augest FSO, because of over participation.  :mad:

Its not that we dropped the ball on orders, or didn't show up at all, or got on vox and started cussing folks out, or that we went and shot a bunch of friendlies down, or we didn't pay attention to the orders, or all upped for five lives.....its because we have too many people in our squad that want to fly the FSO. I guess I shouldn't let you guys know that we really like the FSO, a commet like that would probably get us kicked out for good.

And Daddog you said "Being chronically over in your committed numbers is also a serious issue." You would consider three frames out of all the ones my squad has flow as a "chronic" problem? We have been spot on in our numbers for well over a year's worth of FSO's.

See you guys in September  :mad:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:31:21 AM by HighTone »

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 07:48:13 AM »
Pretty bad deal if you ask me... Having logged off Friday night so we wouldn't go over our numbers.. I think it was a poor decision to suspend us..

See ya in September..  :furious
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:53:58 AM by Tarstar »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 08:48:05 AM »
HT,

I think the point of it is, over or under you set a commitment level so you need to manage your guys to stay within it. VMF-251 was actually over for Frame 1. Rather than make a guy sit out we made arrangements to loan him out to another squad. We came in within our commitment and he didn't have to sit in the tower.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline killrDan

• Copper Member
      • Rolling Thunder Website
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 06:40:03 PM »
Saxman makes a valid point about coordinating with other squads.  If squads going over/under commitment is getting to be an issue then maybe there should be a "classifieds" thread prior to each frame for squads that see they are going to be over to coordinate with those that are under commitment.  It makes a lot of sense in that it could help even out the attendance peaks and valleys that each squad experiences.  The players being "temporarily transferred" to the under squad do not necessarily have to fly with it if rides are the same or similar in role and performance.  Just food for thought.

:salute

Dan
THUNDER MOB - CO
Battle Over the Winter Line - II.SG4 GL

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
The players being "temporarily transferred" to the under squad do not necessarily have to fly with it if rides are the same or similar in role and performance.  Just food for thought.

Funny, that would seem no different.  If you "temp" with a squad, you should fly with that squad.  The whole purpose of commitment levels is so the CiC can plan a strategy based on how many each squad will bring.  Just changing uniforms and still flying with your squad is just as wrong as staying in uniform and having your squad be over its commitment level.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 06:26:00 AM »
In the past the CM position is that your excess can fly with other squads that have not maxed out on your side. Basically because your pilots should already have the info on the other squads missions and that they already know the rules for the event. However, we actually mean flying with the other squad not wearing their colors and flying with their squad still.

So when it comes to squad overage you have a couple of options:

1) Have them gun for your or ride as observers. Sometimes a second pair of eyes really helps even in a fighter.
2) Gun bombers for others
3) Check around with other squads and see if anybody needs additional pilots. There is usually at least one squad on a side that has low numbers. But remember they have to change their uniform (handle) to actually be apart of that squad for the frame and they have to actually fly with that squad.

X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Glen69

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »
I think it was a poor decision to suspend us..
I pay money per month to fly, and you have the right to suspend the squad i fly with.

Getting suspended for having a few too many people isn't what i pay for.
Mister dog you owe me $15.00.
I might just 'suspend' my account for August in protest :furious

Do you really think we sit around here trying to find ways to piss off the customer base?
  :headscratch: Only the customers that squad up, mission up and take bases.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »
I think it was a poor decision to suspend us..
I pay money per month to fly, and you have the right to suspend the squad i fly with.

Getting suspended for having a few too many people isn't what i pay for.
Mister dog you owe me $15.00.
I might just 'suspend' my account for August in protest :furious

FSO is not a 'right' you gain with your subscription.  It is subject to abiding by the rules as laid out and enforced by the governing body ( CM team ).

As far as I know, you are not personally suspended from FSO.  If you find a squad that is accepting guests, you might be able to fly with them.

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »
What APdrone has said is true. If you have not personally received a notice that you have been suspended then it is just the squad. You can make arrangements to fly with another squad during the period of the suspension.

If you received a notice via email from Daddog that says ... players Alpha, Bravo, and Delta are suspended then those pilots are suspended and can not fly at all during the event.

In this case I believe it is a squad suspension so pilots of the squad can fly with other squads until the suspension expires if they wish.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Glen69

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »

And on the features page '•Participate in special events recreating scenarios from World War II.'

FSO is a Historical Scenario is it not... As advertised here on the welcome gif and features, making it part of the deal.

As much as i am thankful for the guys that volenteer to set this up for us, the system of suspending for going over on numbers is clearly wrong.. They need changing.

I don't want to fly with any other squads, i love the one i'm in, and i will show them absolute loyalty for allowing me the privalige to fly with them during the week and FSO's etc.

(This is my opinion i have put forth, and not that of my squad)
Do you really think we sit around here trying to find ways to piss off the customer base?
  :headscratch: Only the customers that squad up, mission up and take bases.