Author Topic: Bottle the Caps...  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Bottle the Caps...
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »
Titanic Tuesday everyday!  :aok Problem solved. :D

Tuesday is currently the worst day on AH.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »
Tuesday is currently the worst day on AH.

Hello Shuffler,

Although I suspect that I know the answer you will give, can you qualify your statement a bit?  I was speaking more to the cap issue, as opposed to game play issues.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2009, 03:43:07 PM »
Howdy Waystin

As for cap no argument. As for playability.. when it is bad it is bad. Which is most of the time. With 2 LW arenas at least most of the time if you can't find a decent fight, there is one in the other LW arena.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »
I've never played Wow, but since you recommend it I assume you have.

I don't care if all the Fanboys come out everytime the current setup is criticized and tell me that I should go visit a rehab center or play Wow.  I don't know why you all get so offended when people state their frustration with a product they pay for.

Fugitive...Is it possible that you could at least acknowledge that the cap is the most influential reason that both arenas are unbalanced?   Also, can you address the issue of letting people into the arena if they commit for a 5 hour period to the side with lower #'s.  Maybe even discuss the validity of opening up Blue On titanic Tuesday so that all of those customers that don't enjoy the large arena wold still have a late war arena to fly in.

I started this thread with no ill will.  That was brought in by others.

No I don't think I could say that the cap is the most influential reason that "both" arenas are unbalanced. The reason being is I have no evidence to base that on, nor do you. Did you poll those Knights that were playing when you took the screen shot? No I think you just ran to the boards to complain.

The reason you get these "flame wars", and "famboi" responses is because you know the answer BEFORE you even post! You've been here long enough, and read enough of these threads about it that you should know the only response your going to get are these that you do. Then your surprised at the answers you get?

HT has said the they will never go back to a single LW arena..... get use to it
HT has said that CAPs are here to stay..... get use to it.

If you want to complain about a "product" your paying for complain to the people supplying the product ! Email or call them. If you don't get any satisfaction that way, either quit..... or get use to it

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2009, 04:45:57 PM »
Even though I don't play anymore I have to say b/c it really bugged the hell out of me. I couldn't stand TT, caps, or eny. Do I have a solution no wish I did. For the ppl who are tired of hearing how the caps suck, y the need to post if ya'll are tired of griping, all ur post does is fuel the fire. Ok <S> all hope to be back sometime.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2009, 04:55:14 PM »
Read the thread about it?

Well the thread in question is 55 pages long.  I was hoping that somebody who was here could sum it up for me and save me the time.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »
Well the thread in question is 55 pages long.  I was hoping that somebody who was here could sum it up for me and save me the time.

It did not work.

Your Welcome  :aok

Even though I don't play anymore I have to say b/c it really bugged the hell out of me. I couldn't stand TT, caps, or eny. Do I have a solution no wish I did. For the ppl who are tired of hearing how the caps suck, y the need to post if ya'll are tired of griping, all ur post does is fuel the fire. Ok <S> all hope to be back sometime.
Open forum for discussions. Most figure this person is not aware of earlier threads. Which it is obvious he was not. Now he has the info and can read through the massive pile of previously discussed info.

None of this will get anything done posting to here. If you have some idea it would be good to call the offices to run it though them. They can say immediately if it has been tried or not.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 05:06:19 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2009, 05:14:22 PM »
Titanic Tuesday everyday!  :aok Problem solved. :D

Huzzah!   Hear hear
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »

TT every day?

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2009, 01:01:21 AM »
My idea would always give you at least one LW arena to enter at all times, no waiting, and you wouldn't have to change sides.

It would also mean that the arena you would be joining isn't one where you out # the nme.

Voila!  Balanced sides.

(I know it can't be THIS easy...  Help me find flaws here people...)
HiTech spoke of this and he mentioned it in a previous post, ( on the same subject no less ), that he could easily program the arena to cap out say, ( a fictious number 50 ), and stop allowing that country that has reached that number to be locked out into that arena until the other countries matched that magical number. That way the balance would be from the start. At the time it made sense to me. If he intends to do this soon I do not know. But I do like this idea you mentioned as well. What do the rest of you think?
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2009, 09:37:15 AM »
HiTech spoke of this and he mentioned it in a previous post, ( on the same subject no less ), that he could easily program the arena to cap out say, ( a fictious number 50 ), and stop allowing that country that has reached that number to be locked out into that arena until the other countries matched that magical number. That way the balance would be from the start. At the time it made sense to me. If he intends to do this soon I do not know. But I do like this idea you mentioned as well. What do the rest of you think?

This almost needs it own post.

I think it's a great idea.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit