Author Topic: I just sat thru the Watchmen  (Read 1090 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
I just sat thru the Watchmen
« on: July 26, 2009, 07:11:47 PM »
    Aside from the sex scenes, and some cool gore parts, it dragged,and was confusing. It got so when dramatic music played as if what was happening was important, I was like "I'd probably be concerned if I knew wtf was going on!"

Glad I didnt sit thru the thing at the theatre.

~AoM~

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: I just sat thru the Watchmen
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
I rented it from Amazon Video on Demand but unlike you I had it all straight the first time through. I read comics through that era though so of course it made sense to me. Great production!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 08:09:55 PM »
I'm waiting for the Director's Cut in December before I pick it up.

I have to say although it was a bit slow, it was a HECK of a lot better than Wolverine.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »
I went to the theatre and watched it with my 17yo daughter.  Other than the blue guy and his lack of cloths it was a good movie.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »
I thought Watchmen was horrible..... one of worst movies ive seen all year

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:53:41 PM »
I'm waiting for the Director's Cut in December before I pick it up.

I have to say although it was a bit slow, it was a HECK of a lot better than Wolverine.

Director's Cut is already out.  Its 3 hours long and something minutes.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 10:03:15 PM »
WTF? I thought it wasn't being released until December.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 12:01:10 AM »
I didnt even notice the dong but the wife tells me it didnt act right.  :rofl

My favorite line was "You dont understand... IM not locked in here with you... YOUR locked in here with ME." and from Doctor M the line "Even if thats the case its irrelevant. A live human body and a deceased human body have the same number of particles... structurally theres no difference." put those reporters in their place.  :x
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 12:16:42 AM »
I didnt even notice the dong but the wife tells me it didnt act right.  :rofl

My favorite line was "You dont understand... IM not locked in here with you... YOUR locked in here with ME." and from Doctor M the line "Even if thats the case its irrelevant. A live human body and a deceased human body have the same number of particles... structurally theres no difference." put those reporters in their place.  :x

Rorschach ruled. Second-best part of the movie after Silk Specter. :aok

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 12:20:26 AM »
WTF? I thought it wasn't being released until December.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9386416&st=Watchmen_Collection&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=2000158

Thats something else being released in Dec, I think its alternate endings but Im not sure.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 12:26:14 AM »
The version with the news stand and comic sidestory spliced back in is what's coming out in December, last I've seen.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 08:43:01 AM »
The version with the news stand and comic sidestory spliced back in is what's coming out in December, last I've seen.

That's what I'm thinking of. Odd, I'd thought THAT was the director's cut, but maybe they're using the director's cut for it. I figure I'll wait until that.

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 08:48:18 AM »
I thought it was good. I like the spin on Nixon as pres fro 3 terms and the cold war out of control :salute