Author Topic: X-52 help  (Read 335 times)

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
X-52 help
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:20:02 AM »
For those of you that know the X-52, it has a mode dial on the stick. I used to use this dial to set for my clipboard map, and secondary guns. Then I got a new computer (Vista). Now in Aces High there is no spot to configure what I want it to do. It's like the buttons arn't there. Outside of the game it works fine and is operational, but inside the game there is no spot for it anymore. Help!

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: X-52 help
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 04:20:12 AM »
I think kaza or some one else said you can
press start
control panel
open the game controler
proreties for x52
 then leave on desktop and open game...
all buttons & sliders programable in AH
it works for me
 :salute Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:28:42 PM »
You sir, are a genius.  :salute

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »
Just as a suggestion. If you used the SST software you could map 2nd gun to the 2nd stage of your trigger with latch.

In other words, say Im going in on a target and only want to fire my rockets. I pull the trigger just like Im firing my guns only Im also pushing in the pinkie latch on the lower inside of your stick where your pinkie rests.

Using that mode dial to cycle 2nd guns seems like a lot of trouble and must be slow. By the same token if I want to fire cannon only, say in a fighter or especially an IL2? I just pull trigger+Latch and the 2nd guns, always cannon, fire. When dive bombing I have weapons type mapped to fire button C+Latch so I can cycle to bombs and then drop them using trigger + Latch.

Even if you made up an SST profile with only that mapped it would seem worth it. Tho Im not sure what would happen if SST was active along with control panel.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"