Author Topic: Beta Release....  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
Re: Beta Release....
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 12:58:15 PM »
All arenas now closed!   :x
"Hello, Newman."

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 12:58:44 PM »
And you get the message to update if you try to log in!!!!    :rock

***G3-MF***

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »
Woot....downloading now.

Cant wait for the masses!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »
The sky is falling.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 02:14:03 PM »
Well Skuzzy was just in the MA saying TT is going to be delayed. Hmmmmm.

I expected a Mon. or Tues. release of AH-3 so's they would have 3 or 4 work days to cook up a patch if needed.

Im guessing today or tomorrow. Its just an educated guess but I never remember Skuzz coming on-line like that, that early, to say TT is going to be delayed.

Im awfully pumped up for the new release. This game is just getting better and better. :salute

See? I was right.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 02:30:28 PM »
I eagerly awaited flying a Brewster,I finally D/L the patch that would make it come true and now AH dosen't work at all.... lol   anyone know why this patch dosen't seem to work on Vista?

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »
Took me 3 minutes and I was in an arena flying the Brewster  :rock
Tours 86 - 296

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 02:58:41 PM »
Eh, I've always been living with a FR of (on max res) 8-15. I can always just tone it down, I already did for the regular game, and I get a FR of 50 on a good day.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »
I eagerly awaited flying a Brewster,I finally D/L the patch that would make it come true and now AH dosen't work at all.... lol   anyone know why this patch dosen't seem to work on Vista?
I've seen a few that had to uninstall then use the new installer to get theirs to work. Something about the update file and Vista (vista sucks anyway)...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2009, 03:00:26 PM »
The sky is falling.

Along with frame rates I'm betting  :lol
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009, 03:02:03 PM »
 :(  I have waited all this time for this long needed update. Now that things are good and well for the players with mid to upper end machines, my time to leave Aces High has finally come. I love this game and want nothing more but to continue playing. That apparently cannot happen. I DL'ed the update to find even at the lowest settings, my machine is just too worthless to even leave the tower. Being un-employed in this great "Obama" economy has left me with no money for an upgrade to my machine. On the positive side, I get to keep my $15 a month maybe to save for future upgrades and maybe fly the virtual skies once again.

So until I get a job or can save enough, I say farewell AH, its been a blast these last 4 or 5 years.

SALUTE to all,  :salute
DasChewy
(Formerly A8Chewey of the Aces and 8's)
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »
Well I know what I'm doing tonight.   :D
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »
:(  I have waited all this time for this long needed update. Now that things are good and well for the players with mid to upper end machines, my time to leave Aces High has finally come. I love this game and want nothing more but to continue playing. That apparently cannot happen. I DL'ed the update to find even at the lowest settings, my machine is just too worthless to even leave the tower. Being un-employed in this great "Obama" economy has left me with no money for an upgrade to my machine. On the positive side, I get to keep my $15 a month maybe to save for future upgrades and maybe fly the virtual skies once again.

So until I get a job or can save enough, I say farewell AH, its been a blast these last 4 or 5 years.

SALUTE to all,  :salute
DasChewy
(Formerly A8Chewey of the Aces and 8's)
Sooo...have to assume you know for sure that your system is so outdated that there is no way you can play the game with the update? I'm guessing you didn't participate in the beta testing either???

Try doing a dxdiag on your system and posting the hardware/driver information...as well as what video resolution you have Windows set to.

Someone might actually have a fix for you.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
I find it very hard to believe that a system would run slower than before,with all options turned off, unless you have less then 64 meg video mem.

HiTech

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »
RGR that gyrene, i'll try that.

Yes I did try the BETA, but, my FR was so low it was like a slide show and gave up thinking those kinks would get "ironed" out over time before release. Its not that my system is sooo out dated, its that my vid card is old with low RAM (128 mb), my power sup has too low of output for vid card updating (250 watt output) and I only have 512 MB system RAM. That all ran AH2 ver 2.13 Patch 1 just fine with decent FR around 30-75 fps. Its just a low-end system thats all.

Believe me when I say the update is un-playable on my end, the terrain looks like snow...ALL white, even the water. All other objects like the sky, hangers, planes, trees, runways and bldgs look fine. Even the ground around the field guns looks fine. Its just the ground and its features that are all white. I have turned everything down to the lowest settings and still no go. FR are anywhere from 0-25 fps. The graphics issues are in offline as well.

I'm pretty sure I know what the answers will be, but, I'll post the DXDiag anyways, just for S-n-G's. I just hate to have to give up this game due to the inability to upgrade my machine.

SALUTE
DasChewy

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:22:55 PM by chewiex »
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".