Author Topic: Guess I'm expendable!  (Read 3232 times)

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
Re: Guess I'm expendable!
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 01:44:47 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:00:09 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 01:47:49 AM »
Yes, I am a teenager.
That is how I am retired while you slaves work for the man.
Have a nice slave-day.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 01:49:19 AM »
           Hey I'm in the same boat, but I'm not gonna worry too much about it. I'm sure HTC could find a way to make the terrain appear again to our low end systems, those are some smart cookies buildin this shi@. Whether they will or not....well who knows. If they don't,I'll just cancel my account and fly cartoon 109s again someday, not a big deal, no hard feelings. I've got a baby on the way and this computer serves all my RL needs just fine, so that 1000 bucks in my pocket is huge LOL

In fact my pregnant hormonal ( yet quite beautiful ;) ) wife would simply cut off my johnson if I bought a new comp to hang with this game  :x

Either way it's been a blast.......

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:54:20 AM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline VIXEN

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 01:54:49 AM »
 I won't be renewing my subscription, this new update blows and in todays economic downturn, NOW is not the time to expect people to be able to afford to upgrade their computer systems. To many other games avalible online for free to have to pay for this agrevating BS, are you on drugs @ HT ??? MORONS !!!!!

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 02:09:55 AM »
Crying helps the loss process.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 02:10:38 AM »
Well that would make sense.
That explains why he/she makes fun of vets that serve and protect people like him/she
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 02:11:56 AM »

I hope you don't go anywhere, BillyD. While voicing your concerns it was the most respectful post I've seen on these forums in a long time. 

:salute
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 02:14:23 AM »
          Hey I'm in the same boat, but I'm not gonna worry too much about it. I'm sure HTC could find a way to make the terrain appear again to our low end systems,

Whether they will or not....well who knows.

I've got a baby on the way and this computer serves all my RL needs just fine, so that 1000 bucks in my pocket is huge LOL

Lol the nintendo comments are very accurate to describe this "condition ". When I logged on the 1st thing I thought of was

HTC never worried about going backward after a new version was released trying to keep the people they lost before but this time they might have a chance if they wanted to use H2H for it. I know they were talking about bringing it back and it could be a new source of revenue if priced right.

You were always a good guy to fight against. If this is it for you  :salute , it has been fun.

Oh and Congrats on the upcoming baby BillyD  :aok

TE, there's a story about how the British used to give the French a two finger salute, although it's changed a bit since then, this is for you

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 02:18:21 AM »
Before cutting loose, try some diff. settings...  You may be surprised.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 02:22:52 AM »
Before cutting loose, try some diff. settings...  You may be surprised.
Ive tried everything.
Still looks like im playing atari

nothing works out, ill be playing AA again
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 04:20:25 AM »
Cant read the instruments anymore, terrain looks like fondu, and I dont have intel written anywhere on this pc.
{AMD}, and its not even friggin paid off until next week.

I have to carry this thing to some over priced pc upgrade place, to find out that im going to have to spend MORE money, and the pay off might be flying around with low ress terrain that looks like a green/brown fog.

What they hell where they thinking?
Do you expect me to pay for this?, you've taken my favorite pastime and priced it right outta my reach, and these lower res settings are almost useless... my buddy walked in and asked me what the hell I was playing, and I had to say aces hi.... bastard laughed at me.

I cant even read the frigin instruments anymore.
Everyone says "wait and see" well it took them 6 months to screw the game up this bad, how long is it gonna take em to FIX IT!!!?

Terrain looks great though, especialy from the tower, and thats where ill be hanging out if I want to see it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:22:28 AM by stephen »
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline ooKUsh

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 04:30:53 AM »
Wow I've seen some pretty lame replies in these forums.  Reminds me of what killed ww2online (if I may echo this ONCE again).

The ONLY reason why I played this game was because of how fluid it felt.  The graphics and some of the physics felt kinda dated, but everything was seemingly geared to performance.

If that is gone then I have no reason to be here.  Alas, I do not have this problem as I upgraded recently and usually keep a higher end system under the desk, (or two...sometimes three) but thats my biz so I'm expected to have the finer cuts of meat in my cooler right?

But I can tell you, that nothing is more frustrating to go from 100% playable perfect etc to unplayable without so much as an explanation as to why this is necessary.

IMO the graphics do NOT appear to be an upgrade.  I'm hoping they are prepping for somethign bigger in the future and something in the background is what is causing the big drop for many folks.  But honestly, can you say the graphics look that much better?  I can't.  If anything I see a downgrade. 

I looks like a picture of terrain plastered over a wireframe, with some very sparse trees that look like they were sprayed with shellac for effect.  Doing it wrong comes to mind.  Yes I am very critical of this patch even though I'm not being adversely affected by it.  If HTC is offended then they need to get into another biz but somehow I believe they are listening and trying to figure out what to do about it.  I expect an answer from them eventually, and hopefully a resolution.

I'm actually surprised how many people patted them on the back in the beta forums while in game I heard nothing but complaints. 

People need to speak their minds about the dissatisfaction with products/services being rendered.  If they don't the people providing these services will never know how to make you happy and draw in your $$.

For me, it's a no brainer.  I keep playing.  But if I start stuttering just as I'm about to jump someone, I'll be more than a bit po'd.

So lets keep it light for those folks having issues with the game.  Too many people are quick to judge when it doesn't affect them.  Imagine you just had your favorite pastime (for many) ripped out of your hands in one day!? 

+1 :aok

"Kathleen Maguire" a mother dearly missed

Offline ooKUsh

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 05:06:06 AM »
 :mad:

Offline ooKUsh

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 05:42:49 AM »
Short changed, ripped off, rubbish graphics, FR shot to pieces. Shadows! who gives a rats bellybutton about shadows, I know I bloody dont and many agree with me. All I want is a game that I can play and not a game Im struggleing to play. Has HTC geared towards the rich? Its ok for you ignorant rich guys who can afford top end machienes, but before you go slagging off us poor guys who cant afford these top end machiens, many of us have families to provide for. I dont want some jumped up mummys boy telling me Im a loser because I dont have this card or that prosessor! IMO HTC have messes up big time. Next they`ll be upping the subs and if they do, will all you rich guys pay it? I proberbly think you would. But I can tell you, you will moan like hell about it, just like us poor guys who cant afford top end systems to run this poxy up-date. I only hope that HTC get it sorted out soon because I can see many guys going eleswhere and leaving all you rich guys to foot the bill.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2009, 05:45:58 AM »
Cant read the instruments anymore, terrain looks like fondu, and I dont have intel written anywhere on this pc.
{AMD}, and its not even friggin paid off until next week.

I have to carry this thing to some over priced pc upgrade place, to find out that im going to have to spend MORE money, and the pay off might be flying around with low ress terrain that looks like a green/brown fog.

What they hell where they thinking?
Do you expect me to pay for this?, you've taken my favorite pastime and priced it right outta my reach, and these lower res settings are almost useless... my buddy walked in and asked me what the hell I was playing, and I had to say aces hi.... bastard laughed at me.

I cant even read the frigin instruments anymore.
Everyone says "wait and see" well it took them 6 months to screw the game up this bad, how long is it gonna take em to FIX IT!!!?

Terrain looks great though, especialy from the tower, and thats where ill be hanging out if I want to see it.

Why do you feel compelled to take your PC to an "expensive upgrade place" rather than just search newegg for a cheap but decent vid card.  All you have to do is open the case, take out your old one, and plug in the new one.  Workload there is seriously like unscrewing a couple things to get the case open.

If a larger upgrade is required, then wait :).  Would you mind posting your PC's specs?  Couldn't hurt to see if anything could be done meanwhile to get your FR up.

Also I think it can be assumed HiTech doesn't like to or plan to lose customers.  If he sees (with their magic power data) that the update had a negative effect, other than the initial "omg"... I think they will do something.  No one just lets their company fail :lol.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:00:39 AM by mensa180 »
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer