Author Topic: update issues  (Read 504 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
update issues
« on: July 30, 2009, 11:47:21 PM »
ok guys. i seem to have gotten lucky. my system is running perfectly with the updates so far. it;s beautiful too.

but........you guys that have good, bad, or in between systems..........look at some of the advice offered here. i see at least a dozen threads explaining how to make everything from a $300 ancient computer to a brand new one work well.

some of you have newer ones that don't run it. read the advice. give em a chance.

my system is one built by tildeath. the guy is probably one of the nicest people i've dealt with. he built me a system that handles this with ease....before i knew this was coming.
 he also built it at a such a price, that it would've been sheer stupidity for me to try and build my own.

when i first contacted him, it wasn't to buy a new machine. it was for advice. he gave me good advice...hten i bought a new machine anyway.

listen to these guys....they know what they're talking about.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: update issues
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:52:11 PM »
or it could be a coad issue...
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:54:47 PM »
Smartest move I have made when it comes to buying a computer is having TilDeath build it.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 12:03:57 AM »
Smartest move I have made when it comes to buying a computer is having TilDeath build it.

Fred

yep........when it comes time for me to get another new one, i will be dealing with him again.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 12:15:50 AM »
welp that's just swell there cappy but some of us have bill's to pay and plunking out a grand for a computer is the last thing on most anybodys mind and if you can well GOOD for you .im doing just fine with my $300 upgrade  :salute

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:17:50 AM »
or it could be a coad issue...

Im hoping this is the case, I get same stutter whether I fly in 1024 or 512, bumpmap on or off, shadows on or off. Give me coad or give me death......
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:43:10 AM »
I tested the beta on the system I built when AH2 was itself still in beta (it was a $500 build then). The folks who can't run the game with PCs built in the last few years mostly have other issues aside from needing brand new gaming rigs. Don't panic just yet.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 07:42:09 AM »
welp that's just swell there cappy but some of us have bill's to pay and plunking out a grand for a computer is the last thing on most anybodys mind and if you can well GOOD for you .im doing just fine with my $300 upgrade  :salute

you think i don't have bills to pay? i can almost guareent ya i have many many more bills in a month than you do....... :O
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 07:45:38 AM »
I tested the beta on the system I built when AH2 was itself still in beta (it was a $500 build then). The folks who can't run the game with PCs built in the last few years mostly have other issues aside from needing brand new gaming rigs. Don't panic just yet.

that was part of the jist of what i was trying to say.

everyone's going into "panic mode", and probably for nothing.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »
that was part of the jist of what i was trying to say.

everyone's going into "panic mode", and probably for nothing.
no that's not what you tried to say .what i see that you feel the need to tell everyone how great your rid is and not offering not 1 sense of help to anyone.there's players thats been in this game for years and having trouble.the last 2 days I've been in EW,MW, LW, trying to help the best i can.and if i don't know i try to tell them to find it in the forums.heck I've got 2 used video cards i sent out this morning . so enjoy that killer rig of yours           :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
no that's not what you tried to say .what i see that you feel the need to tell everyone how great your rid is and not offering not 1 sense of help to anyone.there's players thats been in this game for years and having trouble.the last 2 days I've been in EW,MW, LW, trying to help the best i can.and if i don't know i try to tell them to find it in the forums.heck I've got 2 used video cards i sent out this morning . so enjoy that killer rig of yours           :salute

well, then sir, you may need a course on reading comprehension. i said i was lucky, as some people with systems like mine aren't having any luck either.

but............"""......look at some of the advice offered here. i see at least a dozen threads explaining how to make everything from a $300 ancient computer to a brand new one work well.

some of you have newer ones that don't run it. read the advice. give em a chance.

how is the above in red not offering any advice?

there are many many threads in here that can be of help.......especially one from the LCA dudes.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"