Author Topic: :mad:WHY IS NEW GAME SET TO MAKE GV'S ALMOST USELESS  (Read 3228 times)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: :mad:WHY IS NEW GAME SET TO MAKE GV'S ALMOST USELESS
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2009, 06:58:00 AM »
As a tanker type I like the B-25 too it seems much easier to shoot down with the main gun than the IL-2.

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »
Oh Pleeze! You just don't want to lose your source of easy kills. There are a very few guys who kill very well in wirblys. The rest are spray and pray.  If tanks arn't such easy kills then why are the so many planes in TT? So your IL2 doesnt have bombs? You really think all those attack scores are from taking bases? Its a feeding frenzy for the planes. P51s tracking tanks with MGs and your trying to say that a 37mm isn't that deadly. Yeah!!? Let me get my raincoat, cause whats comin down aint rain.
I hardly doubt he wants to loose his "easy kills", because strafing is so much more
fun than actually dogfighting.   :uhoh The reason there are so many planes in TT is because theres usually a pretty good furball.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2009, 07:35:21 AM »
Respectfully disagree here, when a Tiger tank(around 35 points) (the most heavily armored tank option in the game) is able to be taken out in ONE pass by an il2 (free) then that is evidence that the ground/air game is unbalanced in my opinion.

I sympathise with your logic but the fact remains that without AIR cover your asking for it.  Hence my reference to IL-2's being less than stellar against unfriendly air.....Cover.  I do agree that the tiger does seem to have a tin lid but have no knowledge if this was true on the real thing.  Can't comment more than state an abservation.

Now I'm not a nintendo fly till I die suiciding rinse and repeat player.  Taking on a wirlie is 50/50.  IL-2's suffer radiator hits real bad.  The amount of times I'v glide landed is countless.  The ele's seem to get shot off an awfull lot which is uncoverable save for a lucky ditch.

However, to bring some clarity I once had the privilege of shooting down a 262 in of all things, a Hurri 1  :rock
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 07:37:30 AM by LYNX »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2009, 07:56:49 AM »
You twist my words little one.

Some dishonest people disable other player's skins while GVing so they can see them easier  :aok

One possible solution to this would be to change the default skins of these vehicles to something greener
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2009, 09:03:26 AM »
As a tanker type I like the B-25 too it seems much easier to shoot down with the main gun than the IL-2.

Again, give the B-25 the couple AP rounds WHICH IT HAD and you'd see that change DRASTICALLY. Right now the B-25 has to make some very dangerously low and level gunnery passes, or very tricky diving shots on tanks, both of which need to be fired from relatively close ranges. Give her the missing AP rounds and you're going to be seeing tank kills out from 1500yds or more and from higher altitude. Sure, you'll only have 5-6 of those shots before you have to get in close, but with good aim and include 500 or 1000lb bombs and you'd still be looking at as many, if not more, chances for kills than any other tank buster in the game.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »
If you know the spot to hit them, a Tiger will go down in one pass to an IL2 or B-25H. Someone posted a film just after the B-25H was released showing multiple one shot kills on Tigers. 

ack-ack

Was it Tigers in the offline arena? They are much easier to kill. Besides we were talking about IL2s.

I never said it was impossable either. Ive done it myself maybe 1/2 dozen times. But it is uncommon with IL2s, and Ive seen a lot of them strafing a lot of Tigers.

Its probably more possible with B-25Hs. I dont know, I dont fly them. But no doubt a lot of guys make one shot, or one pass, kills on Tigers that already took a lot of hits and they fly off thinking they got the one shot kill. I only count undamaged Tigers that nobody has every shot at. Im no good with 25Hs anyways tho Ive seen them flown to good effect. I wish I was as good as our top 25H cannon shooters.

I hardly doubt he wants to loose his "easy kills", because strafing is so much more
fun than actually dogfighting.    The reason there are so many planes in TT is because theres usually a pretty good furball.

Right, "easy kills". :lol Take a look at my stats and fighters shot down, and death from fighters, and then tell me I get "easy kills". Still waiting for your game name Hawk. :) anyone know this guy can you send me his ingame name in PM so I can check and see if his stats back up his mouth?

I bet Ive been in TT, in an IL2, less times then I got fingers on one hand. 3 of them have been in the last week when we have had maps so bad for hunting tanks I got desperate. I have never seen another IL2 in TT during those runs, "more nonsense from Hawkie"? I like the IL2 cause I got tired of the same furball rinse and 110 mission. 95% of my sorties have been on defense with enemy fighters, sometimes a lot, much higher then my IL2. Easy kills? :D I bet I was shot off the runway 30 times last month.

From what I can see the GV war is going to be enhanced by the new game. Im just glad more guys dont turn off tracers and wait for my IL2 to get in range.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"