Author Topic: :mad:WHY IS NEW GAME SET TO MAKE GV'S ALMOST USELESS  (Read 3231 times)

Offline oHOGo

• Zinc Member
:mad:WHY IS NEW GAME SET TO MAKE GV'S ALMOST USELESS
« on: July 31, 2009, 01:43:45 AM »
I try not to complain but this is to much.  The way the new spawn points are set it took twenty five minutes to drive from A1 spawn point to the town at A19 (blue map)in a panzer. When I finally got there it took only pings from the new 37mm guns on the IL-2 Type 3M to kill my tank. The terrain has no hills,mounds or low spots to hide in the few trees that are there you can't even drive into for cover. Planes with bombs have no trouble finding you because your in the open 90% of the time. So if two pings for the IL-2 kill a panzer guess what it will do to the other gv's except maybe the tiger. There are a couple of other things but if you look at it almost seems like it was set that way to discourage people from the ground game. If some one can tell me why it's this way I would be very great full. thank you. :mad: :salute
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:14:12 AM by oHOGo »

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: :mad:WHY IS NEW GAME SET TO MAKE GV'S ALMOST USELESS
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 01:48:09 AM »
i i
Strokes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 02:02:36 AM »
I admire your clever argumentation.

Ahh... nice edit ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 03:23:41 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 02:04:35 AM »
i

the ones that shot me down did not seem useless.  :rofl
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 02:07:09 AM »
- i
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 100hooch

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 02:47:00 AM »
Yes!  Why does this new "detailed" terrain have so many fewer features?  So we can see the sun's refection in the water?

Seems like we're chewing up a helluva lot more computing power for a nicely detailed prairie!
"It's not our job to die for our country.  It's our job to make the other poor dumb sonofasqueak die for his!" -- Gen. George S. Patton

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 03:02:11 AM »
I wonder if all the maps will be like that? Yesterdays map had the same complaint on this board. Tomorrow AHer's will get another map to try out and every day after until all are loaded as I understand.

Strange that they would strip the terrain like that.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 05:00:13 AM »
Actually its a little harder to see Gvs as long as you have the proper skin and are hidden in the proper terrain.

I have found the Sherman, inside the green Sherman skin, to be especially hard to see when hideing in trees. Pretty much its your shooting that gives you tankers away. As do the WWs when they start shooting their tracers at insane ranges when they have no chance of hitting you. Even the red icons appear to have a bit shorter range on them. Or the terrain seems to hide them a bit better.

Either way its the same game. Go into an air base alone and without support and your prospects are dim.

Panzer are about the easiest GV in the game to kill. They sometimes seem even easier then M3s. M8s are about a tad easier then Panzers. After Panzers come WWs. Then Shermans. Then followed by T34s and Tigers. If I were going into an enemy airbase the only thing I'd drive is a T34. Course the Panzers gun is probably a better tank killer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 05:05:29 AM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 05:07:52 AM »
Actually its a little harder to see Gvs as long as you have the proper skin and are hidden in the proper terrain.

I have found the Sherman, inside the green Sherman skin, to be especially hard to see when hideing in trees. Pretty much its your shooting that gives you tankers away. As do the WWs when they start shooting their tracers at insane ranges when they have no chance of hitting you. Even the red icons appear to have a bit shorter range on them. Or the terrain seems to hide them a bit better.

Either way its the same game. {Go into an air base alone and without support and your prospects are dim}.

Panzer are about the easiest GV in the game to kill. They sometimes seem even easier then M3s. M8s are about a tad easier then Panzers. After Panzers come WWs. Then Shermans. Then followed by T34s and Tigers. If I were going into an enemy airbase the only thing I'd drive is a T34. Course the Panzers gun is probably a better tank killer.
there that is nuff said
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 05:16:52 AM »

Either way its the same game. Go into an air base alone and without support and your prospects are dim.

The one thing I would like to see go away, is the ability to see enemy GV's icons from the air. You can't see TIGR or PNZR if you are in a GV and are lookin at an enemy GV. I don't think you should be able to see the enemy icons from the air either.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 05:18:50 AM »
Default skin for the Panzer is orange.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 07:37:23 AM »
I try not to complain but this is to much.  The way the new spawn points are set it took twenty five minutes to drive from A1 spawn point to the town at A19 (blue map)in a panzer. When I finally got there it took only pings from the new 37mm guns on the IL-2 Type 3M to kill my tank. The terrain has no hills,mounds or low spots to hide in the few trees that are there you can't even drive into for cover. Planes with bombs have no trouble finding you because your in the open 90% of the time. So if two pings for the IL-2 kill a panzer guess what it will do to the other gv's except maybe the tiger. There are a couple of other things but if you look at it almost seems like it was set that way to discourage people from the ground game. If some one can tell me why it's this way I would be very great full. thank you. :mad: :salute

Firstly the only thing that's changed is the terrain.  These maps have been around years and the spawn points are exactly the same.   The only issue you really have is one of adaptiveness.  You'll need to learn new tactics on these, lets face it, smaller COMPACT terrains.  The larger terrains will still allow you to sneak around without air cover and they'll have the same shorter Gv spawns.

As for the IL-2 37mm's you must have missed all the whines by Gv'ers when that was released some time ago.   Tigers are 1 pass kills if you know how and where to shoot.  Bombrich is correct when he tells you Icons are harder to see.  1.5k seems to be the standard but if your low in a plane sometimes alot less like 400. 

The new European / north American tree's give good cover from IL-2 fire both in a tank and ostie.  Examples of which I couldn't get kill hits on a M4 from my IL-2 although I could see part of it to shoot.  I was tucked under a tree in an Ostie shooting almost flat level to a town and was strafed several times by a niki and a spit.  My turret wasn't knocked out until I made a move into the open.

Sorry chap but it seems more geared to fighting than sneaking .....welcome once again to Aces HIGH.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 07:40:23 AM by LYNX »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 07:50:14 AM »

in mw last night, they took my turret in my wirbel, but there were about 4 or 5 jg straffin me..........it took a bomb from storchie to finally kill me.  :rofl :lol
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 08:31:06 AM »

i have detailed terrain off.. nobody can hide!

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »
I also agree, I love to GV and kill noobcakes but this is messing me up alot.  :confused: I hope 85 and 135 spawns dont get messed up with the new terrain. :mad: But at least I can see threw all smoke now.  :devil
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.