Author Topic: Open Questions For HiTech & The HTC Crew  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
Open Questions For HiTech & The HTC Crew
« on: August 03, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »
Fear not, I come in peace!  :D

First off let me say I am enjoying the new version a bit more as each day and update progresses. I was a little turned off by the terrains as it related to GVing. However the more I roll a tank the more I like it. You can sit in a clump of trees and hardly be seen from the air or ground and still have a near full field of view. I racked up a bunch yesterday doing this. You would have a hard time being able to do this in the old version. I suppose I should also say that my computer runs the game just fine. A few technical bugs have occurred but nothing showstopping. The game defaults to the simple graphics on me once in a while when I start up, it shouldn't but it has been posted by others as well. I have noticed no stuttering and my FR stays at 59-60 where I want it. I run the game at its max settings with no loss in frame rate. The only concession I have to give is turning off self shadows. I can live with that.

I feel bad for those who are having issues and hope some remain patient and let the HTC Team work though the bugs. It has only been a week mind you. I do not feel bad for people who instantly give up, whine and moan or offer no info to let others try and help them out. Quite certain the community will lose some members over this, new and old alike. I am equally certain many of those very same individuals will file right back in when they update their rigs. Regardless I hope cool heads and patience begin to rule the day instead of the current mass panic. Kudos to all of you out there that have been offering help and aiding others in running the game. Sometimes I suspect many that complain may have unattainable expectations of both the game and their computers as they are currently configured.

At any rate there are some things I have noticed that are missing or different and just wanted to get some clarification from the official staff.  I have a lot but I will keep it relatively short since I have already rambled on long enough. HiTech and the crew please answer at your leisure. Shedding light on some of these could possibly alleviate some panic and uproar.

1. Missing are the bumps and undulations in the ground terrain. Are they gone for good or just taken out currently as you put the maps out there for play/testing? Were they removed to conserve resources players systems?

2. Will the sheep return? Some of my squaddies are lonely!  :lol

3. Are the bases and towns going to remain with the new layout of no trees, hedges, etc? Will there be a mixture of old and new or perhaps be map specific? What was the thought process behind changing them?

4. When in a vehicle the ground itself seems plastic almost at times (some have referred to it as AstroTurf), especially when there is the reflection of the sun. It looks like the water's sun reflection, just green. Will there be any changes in the design of the ground to make it look more realistic?

5. Why have the video settings accessed from the main screen been reduced? There used to be a lot more options to play, now there is just a few. Is there any plan to maybe introduce more settings in game and out to help give some who are having issue more options?

6. Why has the HTC Staff been sort of silent as far as possibly trying to quell some of the uproar and maybe outlining long range goals that could possibly alleviate some of the fears. Perhaps you don't want to give relevance to some of the knee jerk whining that has taken place. Clearly not my company and definitely not my place to tell you how it's business should be conducted, I'm just curious. I once saw in a post HiTech himself made that "Every now and then the community needs a good kick in the rear end" Are we approaching that?

That will suffice for now, I forgot some of my other questions and all this talk about it has made me want to go play, so off I go! :aok

Anyone is of course welcome to comment on this but please refrain from spamming it with mindless babble and nonsensical bunk. It is meant to help

Nobody likes change and nobody wants to be the changer! Hats off to the HTC Team for all they do. :salute Keep up the good work!

When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
Re: Open Questions For HiTech & The HTC Crew
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »
Cant wait for them to reply.  :)
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:54:07 PM »
The answer is we have been far to busy looking for real issues to look into minutia of game play concerns that you are asking about.

HiTech

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »
I stopped reading at number two.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 02:31:27 PM »
Fear not, I come in peace!  :D

6. Why has the HTC Staff been sort of silent as far as possibly trying to quell some of the uproar and maybe outlining long range goals that could possibly alleviate some of the fears. Perhaps you don't want to give relevance to some of the knee jerk whining that has taken place. Clearly not my company and definitely not my place to tell you how it's business should be conducted, I'm just curious. I once saw in a post HiTech himself made that "Every now and then the community needs a good kick in the rear end" Are we approaching that?[/b]

While I am not with HTC and could not possibly give you any responce to the other questions you asked. I can answer this question with some respect of truthfullness that has simply been shown time and again on these forums.

NO matter what Hi-Tech or anyone from HTC says, the whiners will cry rivers in regards to any change they personally do not see as a benefit to themselves. They will argue the statement that HTC gives. They will argue the responces to the arguments that HTC gives. IF HTC says the sky is blue they will argue it all day, just because they know no other way to express themselves in a constructive manner.

As far as what Hi-Tech just said, this is to be expected with such a large change in a game. There are a great deal of issues that need to be addressed that far out weight the missing sheep and some glare on the grass. Lets get everyone playing the game then worry about the icing on the cake.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »
I have a question for you Ratpack, why is your number 3 black but the other numbers are red?
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline comet61

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »
Quote from: Hitech
The answer is we have been far to busy looking for real issues to look into minutia of game play concerns that you are asking about.

Which tells me they have prioritized issues from the ones that have the most impact to the least...as it should be.

You're not gonna put new windshield wipers on a shattered windshield first....As with new software, there are priorities.

Be patient... :D
Comet61

666th Barbarians FG

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »

HiTech

All good I figured as much. I was just wondering.

I have a question for you Ratpack, why is your number 3 black but the other numbers are red?

Lol I don't know why is the sky blue?
172nd Rabid Dawgs

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »
Game play regarding GV'ing has been enhanced considerably. Its far easier to hide from airplanes then it used to be. Honestly Im starting to believe as long as your in good enough cover even the tanks icon is hidden and Ive been burning a lot of gas droming along trying to find tanks I know are there but quite simply cant find. Before the update GVs were very easy to find.

But still GV'ers blame the update when their tactics are lousy. All the time I see tanks and flak trying impossable shots that only aid in either warning my IL2, or allowing me to find them. That and 90% stick to the same Conga line from spawn to base/town.

First off let me say I am enjoying the new version a bit more as each day and update progresses. I was a little turned off by the terrains as it related to GVing. However the more I roll a tank the more I like it. You can sit in a clump of trees and hardly be seen from the air or ground and still have a near full field of view. I racked up a bunch yesterday doing this. You would have a hard time being able to do this in the old version.

So you right on in your new thinking. Next time hide a WW near a spawn point, in cover, and turn off your tracers. Then dont even shoot unless its a gimmee.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »

HiTech

I see HT still dont use the spell check  :devil
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
I never made it through number one...poor campers. :cry
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »

Kazaa your opinion is a tad biased, I saw your screen shots.   :)

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 05:27:21 PM »
Lol I don't know why is the sky blue?

Sunlight is made up of all the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. The gas molecules in the atmosphere interact with the sunlight before the light reaches our eyes.
The gas molecules in the atmosphere scatter the higher-energy (high frequency) blue portion of the sunlight more than they scatter the lower-energy red portion of the sunlight (this is called Rayleigh scattering, named for the physicist Lord John Rayleigh). The Sun appears reddish-yellow and the sky surrounding the Sun is colored by the scattered blue waves.

When the Sun is lower in the horizon (near sunrise or sunset), the sunlight must travel through a greater thickness of atmosphere than it does when it is overhead, and even more light is scattered (not just blue, but also green, yellow, and orange) before the light reaches your eyes. This makes the sun look much redder.

The only issue I have with the new update is the water sneaks up on you... especially without the enhanced water... Just always seems to be a bit disorienting.
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »

The only issue I have with the new update is the water sneaks up on you... especially without the enhanced water... Just always seems to be a bit disorienting.

Oddly enough this seems to be a common complaint but I haven't had a problem with it.
172nd Rabid Dawgs

Offline Madkow

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 06:06:24 PM »
All great questions I would love to see answered. But IMO #6 you could have done without.

Fungus
Kommando Nowotny                                                     
Since tour 90