Author Topic: Would like some 109 training  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: Would like some 109 training
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 05:48:28 PM »
The g14 has a little better natural turn ability than the k4 but its not as fast or as powerful.

The power to weight ratio of the k4 is higher than the g14 and the k4 is faster. The speed and climb charts make it look like they are very close. But in actual flying, the K4 will out perform all other 109's.

The main reason is the k4 is faster. This translates into ZOOM climb. The second reason is the power. At faster speed the k4 can escape up and control the seperation. At slow speeds the K4 can hang on the prop longer, stay in a controlled scissing stall and still go up and over.

I am more concerned with a 109G2 than the 109g14 when fighting them in a k4.

The G14 is a very good plane. The second fastest 109. But fellas it just aint no k4. Fly the g14 long enough and you will find your self thinking "If I was in a k4 I could have pulled that off"

The g14 offers 20mm and 30mm guns. If I had 20mm in the k4....ohhh the horrer..
You know when it comes to it, it's all about feel, kind of like the F4Us. Your choice which you like. I like the G14, can out turn a lot of things, even with gondies, and of course the gondies are amazing with the 30mm package :)

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:38 AM »
I'm not as good as some mentioned here,but look me up sometime,I'm ussually on after midnight CST time.
Have loads of films of me dueling many of the "best stiks",will try to gather them up and post em.

CRETON

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »
I'm not as good as some mentioned here,but look me up sometime,I'm ussually on after midnight CST time.
Have loads of films of me dueling many of the "best stiks",will try to gather them up and post em.

CRETON

Where the heck have you been?

Flying as Creton these days?  I will have to stay up late...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »
creton wooped my bellybutton this am.  After i had a few lucky kills  :D

will have to hit him up for some, same plane one on one   :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline pdm

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 12:56:26 PM »

CRETON
Some of the best duels i've had have been against you, and your 109K4 Creton... :aok

:salute

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
Say there Creton   :)  Can hardly wait for u to post ur films   :aok
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
Yea,went on a couple year trip through Azeroth with my troll rogue,quit WOW  last week and came back here.

Good fights this AM against Bruv.I've been flying the spits a lil bit,trying to get the feel back.

Yes indeed PDM,lots of good run ins

Yes,Vudak,I'm still flying under old cpid "CRETON".

I'm in Batfink DA squad,so look me up.I need someone to knock the rust off me,cant hit squat with a tater gun atm :D

<S> all
Creton
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:28:29 PM by Creton »

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »
Can never throw out that Dedalos guy, saw him around a couple days ago.  :)
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 05:18:56 PM »
I'm also interested in learning to fly the 109s better, specifically the K4.

What's the best way to learn? Films seem nice, but it's easy to miss a lot of details such as rudder, flaps, and throttle work. Are there some kind of general guidelines to learning?
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 05:19:21 PM »

CRETON
 I thought u were not on anymore .... Also I always thought u were the best k-4 pilot... I have dueled u before although its been a couple.... Lets say the best k-4 pilot I dueled  :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
Some of the best duels i've had have been against you, and your 109K4 Creton... :aok

:salute
Never met him, already hate him:)
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2009, 01:26:54 PM »
I'm by no means the best 109 pilot, but I will always dual you if you're interested. Oh yeah, don't worry, Creton, Sunsfan  & Scotch kick my prettythang in the da, but that's how you learn.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »
But fellas it just aint no k4. Fly the g14 long enough and you will find your self thinking "If I was in a k4 I could have pulled that off"

I havent thought that yet.  I know I have beaten several K4 sticks while in the G14...lost one or two as well...and I lost those due to my poor choices, not the plane. 
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 08:54:20 PM »
I havent thought that yet.  I know I have beaten several K4 sticks while in the G14...lost one or two as well...and I lost those due to my poor choices, not the plane. 

Well then you haven't flown the k4 long enough. Or in the right situations....<agent slings beer around and acts tuff>

I like all the 109's. They are all good. But there is something special about the k4. I have tried to give the K4 up. I have tried to fly the F4 and the G2 and even did a tour in the G14. The first time I really started flying the g14 I remember thinking "why have I been flying that damed old k4...too much work"

Its just too much fun to give up the beast. Pulling the old stalling reversal out of the hat...that is what the K4 does.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 04:43:53 PM »
Well then you haven't flown the k4 long enough. Or in the right situations...

Wrong on both accounts.  I have plenty of time in the K4...more than I do the G14.  I am not saying one is better than the other by any means...just that in my opinion, below 10k, they are more than comparable...given equal pilots, it will come down to their choices, not the performance of the plane because they that close in performance.

The one area I do like the speed of the K4 over the G14 is chasing down runners to force a fight.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++