Author Topic: More European members  (Read 1835 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: More European members
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 07:18:47 AM »
We won the war :x

Germans like big sausage,s :O
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 07:25:24 AM »
That would make for a more interesting Channel 200.  We have an italian squaddie who still thinks Italy won WWII!   :rofl

Not true, Hooch talkin crap again.

Bruv.  You used to shot me down always in a spit16, not recently tho. You upgraded yourself to the spit mk-IX.
I still love you like a sister Bruv.

Baywatch rocks, long live David Hasselloff and P.A. big Bombs  :rofl
Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 07:26:27 AM »
Bring it on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8szRgIcYlY&feature=related

Lydon's doing butter advertisements on TV now, he's a real anarchist.
Game ID: Blimey

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 07:29:35 AM »

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 07:32:58 AM »
Lydon's doing butter advertisements on TV now, he's a real anarchist.
Corporations finally caught up to him. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mSE-Iy_tFY

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »
yes, the eurocon is the perfect training center learning to fly with 2 glasses of milk. cant wait for EC 2010

well back to topic, i dont know if more europeans are needed, i think the most difference between US and EU Players actual is, that there are nearly no playing european kids at AH2. Most european players are adults! I am yery happy to meet people from around our blue pearl. Its great Fun to build up a squadron where us and european players have their base at. I meet a lot of players during the last years at the EC. One of the best Moments happend when my Friend KC from Portland came over to the EC!!! He took the longest way to be there. So that blew up my mind!
Its good to see how friendships can be founded through a flight sim game. I personal like the idea to fly in a mixed squadron, and i dont want to talk my native language there. Even if my grammar sucks, i try to improve my english skills (which is a hard sometimes).
The problem is to make advertising for a very small corner in the big gaming market. The Dogfighting MMO market is a niche, so its hard to make Advertising in the right way. My suggestion is, that there are only 1% of upgrown reading gaming magazines, so where to place Advertising to get new European pilots into the game. The only way is an online presence, maybe advertising inside the speciliesed Aviatation Magazines. But if you caculate just one Advertising action in one Mag, you can invest very easy 8000-10000$. Lookin at the return on invest side, its burning money. So if AH2 needs new players, it also belongs to all of us to telling our Friends about it, createing Homepages, a lot of HP should use new screenshots with the new Version Pics. Lets flood the WWW with AH2 messages. There are much much more ideas, have to work now,

<S>
Ya know, that never occurred to me until you mentioned it...what DO European kids do? (I know here in US, kids USED to do this thing called "go outside", where they would play things like "sports"...at the "playground"....now they sit in front of Xbox/PC, and eat cheetos :rolleyes:)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 08:24:22 AM »
Not for much longer I think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH3JAp7vMuo&feature=fvw

Jesus Christ. I dont care if i highjack this thread or not, but david Hassellof in this condition? I just don’t believe it. I hope he will be alright again. But the most socking of all is this moron that brought that video up on you tube. This is a disgrace. This public exposure is the worst thing for any human being. This is not a civilized society any more. We live under the internet terror of public exposure. And they are people that they laughing about it?  This is just unacceptable at least according to my personal standards of human dignity.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 08:26:47 AM »
Ya know, that never occurred to me until you mentioned it...what DO European kids do? (I know here in US, kids USED to do this thing called "go outside", where they would play things like "sports"...at the "playground"....now they sit in front of Xbox/PC, and eat cheetos :rolleyes:)

speaking for my both ones ( 9 and 12), they are swimming actual. i allow 2 hours multi media each day, not more! Yes my eduction is based on discussion but also on the iron fist  :D please dont tell it my wife... But they can decide what they wanna do, playing wii, pc or watching a movie. I dont talk about sports, my boys MUST make team sports, and they like it. Both boys play soccer, they go to windsurf and they love their trampoline doing loops and stuff. but no doubt that more and more kids are getting lazy and much more fat than ever

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 08:27:32 AM »
Jesus Christ. I dont care if i highjack this thread or not, but david Hassellof in this condition? I just don’t believe it. I hope he will be alright again. But the most socking of all is this moron that brought that video up on you tube. This is a disgrace. This public exposure is the worst thing for any human being. This is not a civilized society any more. We live under the internet terror of public exposure. And they are people that they laughing about it?  This is just unacceptable at least according to my personal standards of human dignity.
It was his daughter who filmed it & made it public to try & turn her father around.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 08:37:24 AM »
It was his daughter who filmed it & made it public to try & turn her father around.

oh, that i did not know about. Still is a harsh way of trying to get someone cured.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 08:40:23 AM »

ya know American kids have trouble speaking correct english ... our kids are worse :D
so they usually play games available in their native languages

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 08:52:56 AM »
ya know American kids have trouble speaking correct english ... our kids are worse :D
so they usually play games available in their native languages
Egad, have you ever seen how kids text each other? That sort of communication is gonna supplant proper English eventually, I'm afraid (lol, and probably French as well...just wait, our idiocracy culture will infect your country too! :cry)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2009, 08:58:22 AM »
I think channel 200 would be more tolerable if it wasnt in English  :devil
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2009, 09:06:13 AM »
Back in Air Warrior I used to have a wingman that was an Australian living in Italy .....how that for a combo?   :)

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »

Dhyrans kids are the exception.
It may not be as extreme as in the US yet (we always lag a few years behind in adopting your cultural advances), but it's generally the same trend. All those available electronic games and readily available TV changed everything. When I was a kid some 30 years ago, we could receive only 2 channels, which started to broadcast around 4pm (!) each day. Only 1-2 hours kids program on any day at most. You had to go outside to prevent getting bored to death ;)

When I visited my parents last week, i took the time to walk around all those places of my youth, on a sunny sunday afternoon.
No kids. The playgrounds were deserted, the woods silent, only adults at the riverside. There was a construction site with about two dozen houses in varying degrees of completion. In my time, it would have been overrun by kids looking for adventure...

Egad, have you ever seen how kids text each other? That sort of communication is gonna supplant proper English eventually, I'm afraid (lol, and probably French as well...just wait, our idiocracy culture will infect your country too! :cry)

Don't feel sad, it's the same way here. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman