Author Topic: pt boats  (Read 955 times)

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
pt boats
« on: August 08, 2009, 08:05:48 AM »
This morning I spawned out a pt boat near enemy carrier,fired off a few torps and then bailed.When I respawned I noticed those first torps were gone,so I did it again and those too were gone when I respawned.So I figured ok HT changed it so you can no longer do that,thats fine,except when I got close enough I fired off a few more then went into the fleet so I`d get killed.I respawned and noticed that those torps were also no longer there.I think those torps should continue on their way even if I did die.Be nice if HT would atleast take a few minutes to tell of changes in the game each time it`s redone.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
Re: pt boats
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 08:09:40 AM »
I think he mentioned in the past that he changed this..
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 08:20:26 AM »
They changed it so that any ord still active in the game dies as soon as you respawn. My guess is this is to curve the torpedo spamming that happens when a CV gets to close to a PT spawn, you no longer have 1 guy upping 100 times dumping 400 torpedoes into the water.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 08:38:53 AM »
They changed it so that any ord still active in the game dies as soon as you respawn. My guess is this is to curve the torpedo spamming that happens when a CV gets to close to a PT spawn, you no longer have 1 guy upping 100 times dumping 400 torpedoes into the water.

Brings up an interesting question.

If you are in a bomber 20k up and drop your eggs and are immediately shot down do the bombs disappear?

So i'm in a jabo run on a cv in a p47 and get killed by a 5" gun moments after I drop my ord, do they too disappear?

Hmmm.... now i'm confused.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 08:41:49 AM »
Not until you reup Lute.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 08:55:36 AM »
This morning I spawned out a pt boat near enemy carrier,fired off a few torps and then bailed.When I respawned I noticed those first torps were gone,so I did it again and those too were gone when I respawned.So I figured ok HT changed it so you can no longer do that,thats fine,except when I got close enough I fired off a few more then went into the fleet so I`d get killed.I respawned and noticed that those torps were also no longer there.I think those torps should continue on their way even if I did die.Be nice if HT would atleast take a few minutes to tell of changes in the game each time it`s redone.

or, seeing as you're still trying to game the game, he foresaw something like you mention......and made sure that loop was closed too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 09:04:35 AM »
.Be nice if HT would atleast take a few minutes to tell of changes in the game each time it`s redone.

Be nice if players would at least take a few minutes to read the release notes, where HT is telling us of such changes:

Weapons from a previous sortie that are still in the world are destroyed when you start a new sortie. Vehicle supplies are excluded from this.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 09:06:36 AM »
According to Skuzzy any live ord dies as soon as you start a new sortie.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 09:08:13 AM »
Includes troops to......no more ditching M3 to up a goon and sit on runway.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
This is old news. Skuzzy covered this fix more that a week past.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 10:11:48 AM »
Yeah pretty much if you die after you drop/fire/launch your ord it will stay alive until it either hits or you start a new sortie.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »
OOOOOO THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!

how can we launch 50 toprps now??????????????????????????????????

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »
OOOOOO THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!

how can we launch 50 toprps now??????????????????????????????????

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

DOH!!!  hahahaha
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 10:52:36 AM »
Be nice if HT would atleast take a few minutes to tell of changes in the game each time it`s redone.
First of all, why would you be doing such a noobish thing and second, did you not read the release notes when they were posted? There were even multiple posts in the general discussion forum as well...I guess you were too busy bombing and bailing to see the info.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 11:22:20 AM »

"read me" in AH folder with every update.  Spam those torps mate...tis funny  :rofl