Author Topic: Black screen game crash?  (Read 844 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Black screen game crash?
« on: August 08, 2009, 03:41:23 PM »
I had two crashes today very much unlike anything I have ever had before. The game is working fine and running well without any stutters or problems and out of nowhere it locks up to a black screen once with the 'Aces High has encountered...' message and once without.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Black screen game crash?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »
I had my first game crash in like 3 or 4 years today in the COral Sea Scenario frame 3, after having perfect game running for well over 2 1/2 hrs.....

Early in the Frame - Fencer's Fighter Group experienced a "mass Crash or CTD or Lockup" to a bunch of people at the exact same time

then it happened again with just 30 minutes +/- left in the frame  to a bunch of us

also last night in the FSO, there was report of a mass crash on peoples systems where they were CTD'ed or Locked up game etc.......

something is wrong, or it could be something with the SEA arenas or terrians.......

maybe a possible bug near a port perhaps?

might be worthy to report :
what arena,
what terrian,
what time,
what Sector fo the map or near what port or base

and maybe include your DXDIAG....although I am thinking it is a Bug in the Terrian or Map .....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 06:14:28 PM »
White screen also on routine patrol....no action.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 07:26:52 PM »
Had a similar experience, lock ups, white screens, white instruments and terrain in the DA yesterday so it may not be confined to one arena.

About 9-9:30pm MST, over the lake.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:29:49 PM by jimson »

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:02:58 AM »
I had a black screen of death last night in EW.  Flying a P40 near enemy CV.
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 06:23:28 AM »
Have had these blacks screens before.  Game looks as though it's minimising with a total black square and most of your desk top visible.  Then after about 1 or 2 mins the message "AH ahs encountered a problem blah blah".

The thing is there happening more frequent since the last patch.  I've had one crash nearly every day since.  Before I would only get it maybe once or twice a month.

Not knowing anything much beyond the on button where PC's are concerned I was wondering if its sounds. 
I know I have a sound issue on my PC. It doesn't support hardware something or other and 16 bit is missing but also gives the message every thing works fine   :uhoh  Have turned sound acceleration down to basic as a work around.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:25:04 AM by LYNX »

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 04:03:03 PM »
I had two crashes today very much unlike anything I have ever had before. The game is working fine and running well without any stutters or problems and out of nowhere it locks up to a black screen once with the 'Aces High has encountered...' message and once without.

Have had this problem too, the odd thing is others in the game are getting at the exact same time.  After the last crash I logged back in to find others on 200 stating they had the Black Screen of Death.  So I asked how many people (on 200 at least) games crashed.  It was about 15 people all at once.  I have a video from last night where it happen..well up to the point where it happened.  HiTech if it would help you let me know.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
It was troops out time for me both times once I dropped troops and once someone else did. I was no where near the field at the time when troops took it and Im guessing because of the disconnect I didnt get credit not that it matters.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 11:22:16 AM »
5Point please send us the film.

HiTech

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
Sent Sir...
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline nipper

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »
I too get the black screen at least once every session. Screen goes blank and displays 'no signal' message. Have to restart then back to normal. Wierd.

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 04:50:36 PM »
Mine is a white screen of death, but I am unable to save film, it closes with AH. Started after version 5, other than that everything is running great!!! Great visuals, steady game play.
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!

Offline aerosaber

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tampapi.com
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »
Getting the black screen at least twice a night. Same message "Aces High has encountered.....". Been in here 6 years, never seen anything like it.

Offline KingRat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 06:05:50 PM »
At least it's not just me...in my experience AH has never had a problem with program crashing right up until patch 6 of this new version.  Once that was installed I started having nightly crash to desktop with varying frequency...one night it'll run fine for a few hours, the next night it crashes 5-6 times in the same time period.   I have Vista and tried playing in XP compatibility mode but it still crashed.   It has happened when flying, once just at landing (when I had 5 kills in A20), in gv's and in tower...no real consistent pattern that I can figure out just randomly kicks me to desktop.  

We're all sending in our dxdiag info etc but I don't think all our computers suddenly broke when these patches were released.  If the info helps to figure it out that's great but I'm not sure we should all be changing our hardware or settings if it was working fine up til a week or two ago.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:09:08 PM by KingRat »

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 09:50:25 PM »
Add me to the list of Black Screen of Death Victims...started 2 patches ago.

Have completely removed and reinstalled the game...Didn't fix it.

Have updated NVIDIA drivers to most current today...still doesn't fix it.

Skuzzy, got any ideas?

- Rodent57
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE