Author Topic: X52 troubles  (Read 985 times)

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
X52 troubles
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:39:05 AM »
Never had this problem before the update...

On a day by day basis my elevator inputs, Y axis, comes and goes. Sometimes its fine, sometimes it gives me a little input, sometimes none. Iv tried everything, drivers, re-installing AH. It worked fine last night and before the update... scratch that, the last patch. Not sure if anyone has seen a problem like this before, any feed back would be greatly appreciated.  :salute

possible solutions:

USB power hub (Never needed before)
New Stick (Brand new stick, used rarely (everyother weekend))
Give up on life  ;)
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: X52 troubles
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:59:50 AM »

possible solutions:

USB power hub (Never needed before)
New Stick (Brand new stick, used rarely (everyother weekend))
Purchase CH Products gear

Fixed  :D

Erratic axis input seems to be an all too common issue with X52's. Some folks have resolved the problem with a power hub. I tried that and it didn't work...finally settled on solution #3 and have been problem free for 3 years.

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »
Try re-calibrating the individual axis within aces high.

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:04:31 AM »
Try re-calibrating the individual axis within aces high.

Done multiple times.
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 11:00:17 AM »
pull out and reinsert your cable from joystick into throttle - they can work loose ish, but not visually noticeable.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 11:16:27 AM »
If you haven't been using a powered USB hub and you've needed one, it's quite possible the lack of good voltage has been chewing away at the hardware. That's the problem with the X52; people plug it in and it's dandy, so they think to themselves, "Pfsh, I don't need no stinkin' USB hub. Waste of my money." Then it dies a slow death until the spiking gets past the deadband limits and there's no going back.

That's been my observation, at least.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »
If you haven't been using a powered USB hub and you've needed one, it's quite possible the lack of good voltage has been chewing away at the hardware. That's the problem with the X52; people plug it in and it's dandy, so they think to themselves, "Pfsh, I don't need no stinkin' USB hub. Waste of my money." Then it dies a slow death until the spiking gets past the deadband limits and there's no going back.

That's been my observation, at least.

Thats a good point, but something jsut happened that leads me to believe its a problem with the game...

As i said comes and goes, played all morning and it was fine. Logged in, went to options->controls->map controllers and it read the inputs fine. standard no input, read 32000 whatever, pushed it all the way down went to 0 and pulled abck went to 57000 whatever. Jumped in a WHRB and nothing i did would control my guns. So i jumpled in a plane and had no control at all...

Checked again under map controllers, input was still read fine. No idea whats going on anymore...
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 02:30:17 PM »
There's enough players with X52's that lead me to believe that if it was a coding glitch, it would affect more players. then again...who knows?

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 02:33:05 PM »
There's enough players with X52's that lead me to believe that if it was a coding glitch, it would affect more players. then again...who knows?

I agree, Im certainly not an "exception to the rule". However with the new update and everything being screwy lately anything's possible i guess.
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »
What driver are you using?

Have you brought it to Saiteks attention? http://www.saitekforum.com/
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 12:24:40 AM »
the calibration on my stick used to go out about once a week, sometimes more.  It usually happens while pulling lots of g's and twisting the handle.  I always fix it by unplugging the cable to the controller then wait 2 seconds and plug it back in.  just make sure u press x for autopilot and cross fingers so u dont get killed.  I have messed around with my stick and plugged into different usb ports till i found one where it doesn't happen as often.  I no expert but I think there's a power loss and since stick  gets power from throttle then it looses it calibration.  then it resets itself once the power cord is unplugged and plugged back in.  btw dont use the usb's in front of the computer use the rear ones.  somehow it happens less.  out of curiosity do you hear the spring "pop" when it goes out of calibration,  I think I heard it a couple of times but not sure.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 09:50:20 AM »
X52 problems yet again. People often try going to a powered hub, may work who knows. Then they try working with the driver codes, or try reinstalling the software, or change the control manager, and some even reformat their hard drives and reinstall everything. Then they often recalibrate and recalibrate.

For me, I just went to CH products after using three of those lousy sticks in about a year. I quit playing on February 14, 2009, came back in June, played 2x, skipped July, and have played 2x in August. Now I haven't recalibrated this year. Not once!

So you can spend countless hours messing with that stick if you want or you can get a CH set up and spend countless hours playing.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »
Yet at the same time there's many, many people that haven't had any problems. I've had this X52 since around the time they came out. :) I believe one reason there's so many people that have problems is related to having so many more people with X52s than CH Products sticks. You can go into most medium and large computer stores and find an X52, but I've never seen a CH on a shelf.
I will say that CH sticks are more reliable than anything else out there, and their price reflects why. I just think that the illusion of all of the X52s bursting into flames is given by just how much more they've saturated the market.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 01:04:59 PM »
My head burst into flames when i found out that Michael Jackson was not my dad :x
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »
I think you may have missed with your aim at whatever thread that was supposed to end up in...