Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18564 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Stop dropping FHs....
« on: August 10, 2009, 03:30:30 AM »
no reason to do it you tools, we dont want the perks from winning the war, we get them by killing your spit 16s and n1ks in 20+ eny birds. STOP THE TOOLSHEDDING!!!!! :furious
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 04:00:13 AM »
Aaaah, fun police been around I see  ;)

Gotta love the "ooh, look, theres a fight going on over there, lets kill the FH" mentality - I asked someone once just after they'd dropped the FH and killed off what was a great little fight going on (I say little, numbers were mostly even, and there was a lot of either side getting it on. The answer I got was, "wanted to see if I could".

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 04:06:33 AM »
Aaaah, fun police been around I see  ;)

Gotta love the "ooh, look, theres a fight going on over there, lets kill the FH" mentality - I asked someone once just after they'd dropped the FH and killed off what was a great little fight going on (I say little, numbers were mostly even, and there was a lot of either side getting it on. The answer I got was, "wanted to see if I could".

Wurzel
lol, I hate the answer i got tonight, "This is what this game is about, winning the war"   :noid
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 04:19:29 AM »
grow some and kill them before they get there   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 04:46:36 AM »
Had they not been in green, I would have done lol........damn that killshooter

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 04:53:10 AM »
 Nincompoops . :rofl + 1
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 05:09:26 AM »

A law unto itself.

In reality the bomber guy thinks he's helping and in some instances, rarely though, it is welcomed.  For the bomber guys I ask this one question..."where do the troops run to?"

Bomber Guys

Here's the low down.  Not every big friendly dar bar over an enemy field is a capture attempt.  It may well have developed over a failed capture for sure.  It may well have developed over a period of time and been on going for a few hours.  You'll not know this if you haven't seen it develop from the get go.  So ask the question..."is anyone trying to capture xyz?" 

There's nothing wrong with you capturing fields underneath a big fight but you ain't capturing nothing by avacadoting hangers....the troops run in the map room not the FH's.  So the priority is making sure the towns flat and the VH is flat before you even think about avacadoting hangers.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 05:31:18 AM »
Your doing it wrongly. LOL!

The bomber guys are just pissing on your parade for the express purpose of making you angry and he did his job well obviously.

Have a nice day!  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 05:47:46 AM »
Had they not been in green, I would have done lol........damn that killshooter

Wurzel
+1 Knights have a habit of killing the FHs only.......this isnt doing any good for base taking or furballing, a certain 1sqaudname sqaud thinks if they kill furballs, the furballers will help take bases....
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 05:50:24 AM »
Capture attempts are great.

They precipitate fights.

One lone guy turning hangers into smoking craters, simply for the sake of it, is toolshedding.

Bombing hangers in the process of capping a field for capture serves a purpose.

When the town is untouched, and troops are not even remotely on the way, it's toolshedding.

Toolshedding = bombing the highly dangerous, inanimate buildings that, in and of themselves, cannot do any damage to you.

Toolshedding hangers whilst both sides are trying to, and have been, furballing for a while is just pissing on someone's Cheerios and proves that the person doing the bombing has no skills or interest in flying fighter planes.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 05:53:20 AM »
+1 Knights have a habit of killing the FHs only.......this isnt doing any good for base taking or furballing, a certain 1sqaudname sqaud thinks if they kill furballs, the furballers will help take bases....

While I personally have no data to prove this, the bomber/fighter relationship is fairly symbiotic.  Bomber missions get people at that base to up for defense.  Furballers help keep the defenders from kicking the bomber guy's tulips and provide cover for troops.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 07:06:24 AM »
no reason to do it you tools, we dont want the perks from winning the war, we get them by killing your spit 16s and n1ks in 20+ eny birds. STOP THE TOOLSHEDDING!!!!! :furious

The funny part of that all, was the person in question was named "DOGFITE"   :rofl
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 07:22:14 AM »
While I personally have no data to prove this, the bomber/fighter relationship is fairly symbiotic.  Bomber missions get people at that base to up for defense.  Furballers help keep the defenders from kicking the bomber guy's tulips and provide cover for troops.
nah Von, what imtrying to say is that they get mad seeing like 20-30 knights furballing 20 30 bish at certain bases all the time(all maps have these). They know the furballers have no intention of taking the base so they drop FH to kill the fight in hopes to get use out of the furballers
The funny part of that all, was the person in question was named "DOGFITE"   :rofl
ironic right, funny thing is you can ask them not to do it politely explaining how its going to ruin peoples fun, have 10 other people saying the same thing to them and they respond with "Youll thank me later when we win the war".......................That statement almost killed me when i saw it on country :lol
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 07:35:24 AM »
So ask the question..."is anyone trying to capture xyz?" 

I will say, you know how hard it is to get an answer from anyone on country?

Many's the times I've been up heavy in a Hog approaching a base...

Saxman: IB Heavy, A53. What needs to be hit?
Tweedle Dee: Another Spit rolling, MINEMINEMINEMINE!
Tweedle Dum: D00d, you stole my kill!
Saxman: IB Heavy, A53. What needs to be hit?
Tweedle Too: Nice vulch!
Saxman: Can I get a Sit Rep A53? I have ords IB, where do you need them?
Tweedle Dum: High Typhie IB.
Tweedle Dee: Damn picktard!
Saxman: REPEAT: IB Heavy, A53. What needs to be hit?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.