Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18690 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 07:59:26 AM »
I know your pain Saxman!!!   :salute

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 08:18:08 AM »
no reason to do it you tools, we dont want the perks from winning the war, we get them by killing your spit 16s and n1ks in 20+ eny birds. STOP THE TOOLSHEDDING!!!!! :furious

i always thought toolshedding was bombing undefended targets.

if you're fighting there, then the target is...or shouldn't be.......undefended.

defend it better.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 08:34:32 AM »
no reason to do it you tools, we dont want the perks from winning the war, we get them by killing your spit 16s and n1ks in 20+ eny birds. STOP THE TOOLSHEDDING!!!!! :furious

Solution:

1 Static arena for the furballers. 1 Dynamic where the war can be won. Everyone happy right.

But Junky et al will then:

a) Fly exclusively in the dynamic arena and moan about "toolshedders" becuase they parasite off that aspect of the game.

b) Happily fly in the static arena and moan about something else.

I think if you dont agree petition HTC for another DA so you will have somewhere else built for you, you dont go!!!!!! :rofl   
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 08:40:04 AM »
i always thought toolshedding was bombing undefended targets.

I thought milkrunning was bombing undefended targets...toolshedding was bombing buildings for no other reason than to bomb them.  Either way it's lame, but to each their own.  Do it often enough and upset enough people and you'll enjoy the rest of your AH2 career flying alone.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »
Is there anything people won't whine about around here?  :huh Sometimes 200 looks like romper room...<"that's my toy"..."you're a runtard"..."i got more skillz than u"..."u hobag"...blah blah blah...> and most of the dweebs doin the talkin are supposedly adults and parents...so you're an uber toon plane ace fighter pilot big deal...must give you a real nice woody announcing that fact in the text buffer on a game...great examples of "adults".

You don't want your precious hangars blown up, try getting people to do some bomber intercept. Hell, if I'm online and we're on the same team, I'll do it; that is if I haven't gotten the sudden urge to knock out the hangars on a base that is hosting the horde trying to take one of my teams bases. It's going to happen no matter how much you whine about it, in game or in the forums.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 08:45:24 AM »
Great Topic i agree if theres 20 friendly's capping the field why drop FH's ......... Am i the only one tht like's to kill :)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 08:51:26 AM »

You don't want your precious hangars blown up, try getting people to do some bomber intercept. Hell, if I'm online and we're on the same team, I'll do it; that is if I haven't gotten the sudden urge to knock out the hangars on a base that is hosting the horde trying to take one of my teams bases. It's going to happen no matter how much you whine about it, in game or in the forums.

The problem isn't the bad guy knocking down my hangar (like you said, I should defend it better).  The problem is the "good" guy doing so.

Knocking down the FHs accomplishes a few things from a "good guy" perspective:

1.  It forces ALL enemy fighters to up from a distant field, and have an Alt/E advantage when they arrive;
2.  IF the base is quickly captured, it means you can't up fighters from it for a few minutes (and if it's so quickly captured, why did you need to knock down the hangars?)
3.  It generally leads to an exodus of the better fighter types (I'll hang around a base capture, but I'm not hanging around for sight seeing)

Really, from a "good guy" perspective, knocking them down just doesn't make that much sense.  At least not usually.  5k "Malta" bases like the one in Trinity (A5 I think?) being the exception to the rule.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 08:52:27 AM »
Great Topic i agree if theres 20 friendly's capping the field why drop FH's ......... Am i the only one tht like's to kill :)

Plenty of stories out there about the one La-7 that gets through the CAP to pop the Goon while the rest of the friendlies are too busy vulching to bother chasing him down.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 08:58:35 AM »
The problem isn't the bad guy knocking down my hangar (like you said, I should defend it better).  The problem is the "good" guy doing so.

Knocking down the FHs accomplishes a few things from a "good guy" perspective:

1.  It forces ALL enemy fighters to up from a distant field, and have an Alt/E advantage when they arrive;
2.  IF the base is quickly captured, it means you can't up fighters from it for a few minutes (and if it's so quickly captured, why did you need to knock down the hangars?)
3.  It generally leads to an exodus of the better fighter types (I'll hang around a base capture, but I'm not hanging around for sight seeing)

Really, from a "good guy" perspective, knocking them down just doesn't make that much sense.  At least not usually.  5k "Malta" bases like the one in Trinity (A5 I think?) being the exception to the rule.
See, now that makes sense Vudak. If knocking out the hangars isn't required to take the base, and taking the base is the primary objective, then it doesn't make any sense to bomb them.  :aok
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »
I thought milkrunning was bombing undefended targets...toolshedding was bombing buildings for no other reason than to bomb them.  Either way it's lame, but to each their own.  Do it often enough and upset enough people and you'll enjoy the rest of your AH2 career flying alone.

I always thought the same thing.

I think what Junky is getting at is:

When the "Win teh warrrr" types get pissed that no one is helping with the real estate business they find the biggest furball and toolshed the hangers in hopes of garnering "help" from the furball types. (I'm being polite here) OR the non-polite version is "Screw those furballers, I'm gonna drop the hangers so there is nothing for them to fight"

Bombing hangers is all fine and good if is part of an objective.  If it is not part of a plan to take a base, it is toolshedding.  If no defense, it is milkrunning.  It's actually all semantics.  

But for my opinion (not that it's worth anything)  If you bomb Hangers at a base where there is/has been a furball for any length of time, town is full up, nobody is calling for ords/troops/help and players on either side are asking to not have the Hangers bomber, but you come bomb the hangers for the sole purpose of trying to spoil the fight, then you are a Toolshedder.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 09:05:04 AM »

hhmm...you may be right.

poop
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 09:08:28 AM »
Field capture is the worst aspect of arena play because the conditions for its success are the opposite of semi-balanced air combat.  Those of you who say it's necessary to precipitate fights could not be more wrong.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 09:10:08 AM »
Yarbles hit it!  

1 Static arena, no base captures, hangars are indestructable, etc etc.... No complaints about, "Das Funkilla's", etc... Hmmm, sounds kinda like the DA to me tho..

1 Dynamic arena, War win IS the goal... Everyone KNOWS it, before they log in... So, no room for cryin when the Redguys put the full smash on your base..  It is EXPECTED!!!

But there will always be someone who gets in a tizzy over a run in their pantyhose... No matter what HT does with the arena's.... Wonder what the numbers in each would be?

It's just the way of the world these days I guess!

RC
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:13:33 AM by RipChord929 »
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 09:11:29 AM »
Just my two cents, and being that I'm new to AH2 after 10 years off, this may not be realistic solution, but what about pm'ing some of the opposing squads and picking two bases to up from on the far side of the map when somebody decides to be a turd?  Wed used to do this in AW to keep furballs going.

I was there last night when DOGFITE bombed the FH and ruined both sides' fun, and it was a lot of fun while it was going on...

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."