Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18733 times)

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »
LYNX told DOGFITE best yesterday.. troops don't run to hangars.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »
just the title of this thread almost makes one want to drop as many fighter hangars as one can.
 possibly a nice big mission to the front line bases...and drop whatever we can before we get kilt.
i like seeing those cartoon fires. they make it easier for me to navigate my cartoon airplane through the cartoon sky back to my cartoon base, so i can have some cartoon beer with my cartoon crewchief, then re-up in a cartoon fighter to go fly into some cartoon trees.  :
:aok It,s A Game!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:55:43 PM by usvi »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2009, 01:33:18 PM »
just the title of this thread almost makes one want to drop as many fighter hangars as one can.

possibly a nice big mission to the front line bases...and drop whatever we can before we get kilt.

So you feel compelled to be a "griefer" ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2009, 01:39:45 PM »
So you feel compelled to be a "griefer" ?

NAH.........

i wouldn't drop em where there was a fun fight happening. it would be in an attempt to start a fight.

inevetibly, someone always comes up to defend when someone messes with a base. and if friendlies see a base being hit, they often come to it........and walah!! a fight has been formed.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »

Yesterday, TT, I changed countrys to the Bish side.  I wanted to "Test the waters" so to speak.  To see if me and my squad would be welcomed before I brought my men over.  Well, I got a most rude reception.  I dont know if it is because of this thread or not.  But anyway....I decided to go to the Rook side.  On the Rook side, I recieved a nice welcome.  However; when I planned a mission with my 3 other bomber squadees to take a base, away from a furball , I also asked on country for the help of 2 pilots.  A 110 pilot and a C-47 pilot.  Now when I only have 4 guys on in my squad, and we try to take a base, and I ask for the help of my countrymen and dont get any help, I have to "Bail" from my bomber to bring back what I need to hopefully take that base.  You will NEVER see me bailing out of a plane when there is an enemy on my six or close to me.

And yes, I asked permission before I bomb hangers where there is a furball going on.  If I get 1 yes response, I am taking down whatever I can.  I get points for taking down hangers just like furballers get points for their kills.  But I dont go looking for furball to END.  Hell, most of the time my failed mission to take the base the first time, creates it.  I have seen a time when a group of guys go in to take a base and it ends up into a furball.  So....I CAN CREATE A FURBALL.....and I CAN END ONE!

And if you shoot/shot me down, lol, usually I have already accomplished my mission.   And with some of the replys to this thread....Yes, it does sort of make me want to turn to the "Darkside" and become the evil menace.  A madman with the sole purpose to shut down furballs.  Then what would you think?  (THINKING) It already seems to me that I am already being hated on........why not change my name to EVILDAN.  Then I would be known as the furball stopper, the ultimate "Toolshedder". A sweetheartbag?  Well, evilmen are sweetheartbags, turds, retard....any bad name would compliment an evil villian.

SO, I ask you....which do YOU want me to be?  Which cartoon character would YOU want me to portray?  Which pill do you want me to take?

BLUE PILL:  DOGFITE...just being me doing what I do.  Helping my country to take bases however I see fit to take them.

RED PILL:  EVILDAN...An evil bomber pilot that looks for furballs to kill.

The choice is yours............... 

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:31:58 PM by 1DOGFITE »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2009, 04:27:34 PM »
So in the end, you are playing this game for points?

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2009, 04:32:35 PM »
Plenty of stories out there about the one La-7 that gets through the CAP to pop the Goon while the rest of the friendlies are too busy vulching to bother chasing him down.
happens all the time :aok
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2009, 04:33:04 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Lynx, that pic had me laughing!   :lolIt has been saved
to a place of honor on my computer!   :salute

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »
sometimes, when i log in, for whatever reason, i may not feel like flying a fighter. it happened the other week. i log in, and am ready to up lancs.......but hear multiple calls going out from squaddies looking for troops. i rarely take em, as i like to have some usable gun somewhere on my plane......anyway.........i launched a c47. flew so low, i was scraping the cartoon waves. went a few miles north of the town...the fight was south. was a big furball goin on between a cv and a base. i climb the mountain, as i pull over the top, i kill my engines, with the base in sight. glided to a landing just outside the town, and let her coast to the edge of town. let the drunks out, and next ya know, we got it. felt good to be a sneaky bastage too.  :devil

some of the fun i have in bombers, is that i will launch from a rear base, and during climbout, i'll look at the map, and plan my route. from then on, i only hit 1 thing. radar towers. i don't know why, but it is actually fun to turn out the lights on as many bases as i can.
 it's fun to see how many i can get before someone ups and chases me down in a fighter.....i generally get quite a few. it doesn't really ruin anyones fun, and it lets me still fly when i don't feel like being in a fighter.

had a 262 in mw came after me as i did this last week....and for some reason, he parked right on my 6 level.......he also hit the cartoon silk too.  :devil

o ya.......

poop :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2009, 04:37:58 PM »
I dont play for points....I guess I should have said......satisfaction of taking down what I drop on...satisfaction of actually totally flattening a base by myself if it is a small field.....medium field would be the satisfaction of dropping all the hangers.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »
Furballer can always back off a base to let the fighters of the other country go attack said bombers and fix the issue. Seems we can all play darkside :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »
There are so many things I want to say right now but knowing this group I'm sure somone will start throwing stones no matter what side it is.  So I'll just say, I am right.  What I think is the right thing, is the right thing.  Even if you do something that is an option and isn't illegal, it's still wrong.  And those who don't agree, should be condemed!

That should cover both sides of this issue.  Sounds kind of silly huh?  I think so too.

So furballers, go ahead and furball.  Bombers, bomb your targets.  I'm just gonna play the game and if I'm furballing, I'll follow the fight wherever it goes.  If I'm bombing, I'll drop my bombs.  If I'm gv'ng, well I'll probably die but either way, I'm gonna do what I feel like doing at the time.
Have some fun everyone, but remember that everyone can and will do what they want, and sometimes you get upset, other times you upset others, but don't let it get to you no matter what side your for.  The game is stressful enough as it is without drama, and that makes it fun.  It's no fun when people are yelling at eachother over something that both sides have the right to have their own views about and which, in the game situation, are both right.

71 Squadron RAF

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »

Which pill do you want me to take?

BLUE PILL:  DOGFITE...just being me doing what I do.  Helping my country to take bases however I see fit to take them.

RED PILL:  EVILDAN...An evil bomber pilot that looks for furballs to kill.

The choice is yours............... 

What color is midol?

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
the things people complain about is amazing..... you dropped my HANGERs.. who gives a cheeeeeeeet.... they will respwn this is a war simulation. They should let your hangers stay up just to appeese furballers.. NOT
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »
It's amazing that anyone woud actually take time out of there day to post about dropping a respawnable structure....
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk