Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18885 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2009, 06:03:50 PM »
.... this is a war simulation

Hmm the maker of this game says it is not.

I don't think anyone said don't furball... don't bomb or don't gv. They just asked that one not impede the fun of the other on the same team. Not hard to do. Folks can be friendly to their own team or not. Be apart of the AH community or don't be....... everyone has a choice. Do what you want , be what you want.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2009, 06:07:38 PM »
the things people complain about is amazing..... you dropped my HANGERs.. who gives a cheeeeeeeet.... they will respwn this is a war simulation. They should let your hangers stay up just to appeese furballers.. NOT

It's amazing that anyone woud actually take time out of there day to post about dropping a respawnable structure....

I'm not surprised you completely miss the point of this thread.  It's not about 'dropping hangers' it's solely about those players that insist on intentionally griefing another segment of the player base by intentionally ruining their fight just because the group will not play how the first group wants them to play. 

Please post again once you get a clue.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »

You will NEVER see me bailing out of a plane when there is an enemy on my six or close to me.

Really?

film:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ae81d05dc96f9da98d78a0e555291609e04e75f6e8ebb871
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2009, 06:20:42 PM »
Doh!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »
Double Doh!   :rofl

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »
I will take down hangers at a base even if we aren't close to taking it, and here's why...  When a fight between two bases is shifting to the good guys side (i.e. they are pushing us to our base where we take off with enemies above) I will up bombers to slow down their advance.  If I up and take down hangers, that gives 15 minutes for the good guys to take back control.  Does the fight ever shift all the way back to the enemy base? No, there are plenty of cons up to take care of before many friendlies can make any impact on enemy base.  15 minutes goes fast when you've got 15-50 cons already up in the air coming at you.  So this can actually prolong your precious furball by bringing the fight back to the middle rather than people setting up a cap and vulch.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
I will take down hangers at a base even if we aren't close to taking it, and here's why...  When a fight between two bases is shifting to the good guys side (i.e. they are pushing us to our base where we take off with enemies above) I will up bombers to slow down their advance.  If I up and take down hangers, that gives 15 minutes for the good guys to take back control.  Does the fight ever shift all the way back to the enemy base? No, there are plenty of cons up to take care of before many friendlies can make any impact on enemy base.  15 minutes goes fast when you've got 15-50 cons already up in the air coming at you.  So this can actually prolong your precious furball by bringing the fight back to the middle rather than people setting up a cap and vulch.

So you will kill a fight, whether the guys in the fight want you to or don't want you to?  Do you even check with the crowd before doing so?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2009, 07:37:35 PM »

I really don't know why it's so hard to understand what the point is of this thread.  Like most, you've totally missed it by a mile.

Here is the point of this thread written as simply as possible, hopefully after this people will get the point.

Group A is mad at Group B because Group B is not playing how Group A feels they should.
Group A then flies to where Group B is having fun dogfighting with both sides not making any attempts at a base capture
Group B sees Group A flying towards the fight in bombers and asks Group A repeatedly not bomb the bases where the fight is taking place
Group A ignores the requests of Group B because, after all, Group A knows what's best and only their way of play is allowed in their eyes
Group A destroys the hangers at the bases and the fight ends and Group B's fun is ruined because Group A are a bunch of tools
Group A now proudly proclaims they've killed the fight so now Group B should help them win the war by taking more bases because in Group A's eyes, this is the only way to play
Group B tells Group A to diddly off.

That's the point of this thread, not whether or not you should bomb a base or capture one.  It's all about being cognisant of other player's play style and respecting it and not intentionally going out of ones way to ruin another groups fun just because one group feels that the other group shouldn't play that way.

ack-ack

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »
I really don't know why it's so hard to understand what the point is of this thread.  Like most, you've totally missed it by a mile.

Here is the point of this thread written as simply as possible, hopefully after this people will get the point.

Group A is mad at Group B because Group B is not playing how Group A feels they should.
Group A then flies to where Group B is having fun dogfighting with both sides not making any attempts at a base capture
Group B sees Group A flying towards the fight in bombers and asks Group A repeatedly not bomb the bases where the fight is taking place
Group A ignores the requests of Group B because, after all, Group A knows what's best and only their way of play is allowed in their eyes
Group A destroys the hangers at the bases and the fight ends and Group B's fun is ruined because Group A are a bunch of tools
Group A now proudly proclaims they've killed the fight so now Group B should help them win the war by taking more bases because in Group A's eyes, this is the only way to play
Group B tells Group A to twittle off.

That's the point of this thread, not whether or not you should bomb a base or capture one.  It's all about being cognisant of other player's play style and respecting it and not intentionally going out of ones way to ruin another groups fun just because one group feels that the other group shouldn't play that way.

ack-ack

Could you simplify that a bit more for me? Thanks!
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »
Could you simplify that a bit more for me? Thanks!

ah man, I don't know if I can type that slow  :D

ack-ack

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:19 PM »
 :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2009, 09:37:02 PM »

BLUE PILL:  DOGFITE...just being me doing what I do.  Helping my country to take bases however I see fit to take them.

RED PILL:  EVILDAN...An evil bomber pilot that looks for furballs to kill.

The choice is yours............... 

How about you take the one filled with cyanide, call it purple if you wish.

JK, I enjoy the free kills your hord squad offers.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2009, 01:36:10 AM »
Well. Well......I didn't realize that I had become so famous.
You might be famous, but its like DrDeath famous, nobody likes you
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"