Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18740 times)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »
Nope.

I agree. You'd be surprised how many furballs you can start by doing a D3a Fighter sweep. :D

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2009, 10:53:31 PM »
By bombing the other guys hangars you are pissing off the other guy.

Bottom line is still as I discribed in the post prior.
I dont buy into the "ruined a good fight" whine. The fight ends only temporarily. All furballs both begin and end with the base capture attempt at which point They simply move to a fight between two other bases, nothing more. At worst the hangars are down what? 15 min? oohhhhh the travesty.
 Considering you can make it from the next base over in less then 5 minutes in most cases provided your not planning on making like an astronaut.
I fail to see the legitimacy in the argument of a "ruined fight" other then for the extremely lazy.  For which I have no particular compassion

If your not willing to defend your base against bombers thats on you. not the bomber pilot.
And if the other side isnt willing to defend theirs thats their fault, not your countryman's

But your argument can be said in reverse too.  If you are that intent on bombing a base, it only takes you five minutes getting to the next in most cases provided you are not planning on making like an astronaut.

Last night being a perfect example.  The bomber guys went to the next base over and took it, while the fighter guys had a 4+ hour fight between 2 bases.  Since the fighter guys are keeping the other fighter guys busy, why should the fighters have to move just so you can bomb the base where the fight is at?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2009, 12:36:59 AM »
When someone asks me to do/not to do something, I try my best to accommodate them. 

When someone advises me to do/not to do something, I try my best to hear them out.

When someone tells me to do/not to do something, things get interesting.

I might not like what he did, but I still can't help but smirk when I see that he did it.
What if someone ask me to multiple times to do something, but I didnt do it, what then?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2009, 12:53:57 AM »
Ok.. lets run with the "base capture" reason for killing FHz.

What sense does it make, when the fight is low.. and your country is getting "control" of cap. What is the point of killing the FHz instead of VH when its common sense that once the enemy get so close to the base, that vehicles are the next line of defense? Why kill FHz? If you ARE trying to take a base, why kill FHz when all they will do is up from the next closest base, with MORE alt, to kill those who ARE trying to contain the enemy?

When a fight goes from 5-7k to 10+k, I, as many others, lose interest in that fight, and go somewhere else. Then those people who killed the FHz moan and groan cuz there's no help at the base anymore.

I still don't get it.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »
uhm... this is a very opinionated thread, to bad there is not going to be one answer that makes everyone happy...
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #320 on: August 15, 2009, 01:32:58 AM »
But your argument can be said in reverse too.  If you are that intent on bombing a base, it only takes you five minutes getting to the next in most cases provided you are not planning on making like an astronaut.

Last night being a perfect example.  The bomber guys went to the next base over and took it, while the fighter guys had a 4+ hour fight between 2 bases.  Since the fighter guys are keeping the other fighter guys busy, why should the fighters have to move just so you can bomb the base where the fight is at?

no because unless your just into milkrunning and taking undefended bases its pointless to bomb bases where nobody is. Any dweeb can do that
 Im not a bomber jock but it would seem to me that for those that are. the trill of the game is the same for the fighters. The fight only for the buff drivers its fighting your way through,getting to and being able to hit the target. then try to get home again..hmmmm just like they did in real life. Imagine that
Little more difficult and challenging to do at a base where fighting is going on then at a base where nothing is happening.
Its all part of the game. If you dont like it. well your the man in the fighter with the bullets. Shoot the bastage down..Hmm again just like they did in real life

Wow! Simulated WWII aerial combat.where bombers try to bomb important targets like bases and cities while fending off the fighters that try to stop them. And other fighters fly to fight those fighters and so on and so forth! What a brilliant concept!!
Someone should make a game like that.

BTW before you say "why should the fighters have to move just so you can bomb the base where the fight is at?" you better check my stats over the years as to what I fly and how often. While I do a bit of alot of different things.I furball more then anything and only occasionally up bombers. and when I do its rarely to bomb hangars.
But I understand why they do.
Cause thats where the fight is at. Maybe they want to fight

And why not move? once the hangars are respawned they are up in 15 min even after a base capture. Your flight time to fight remains the same. Only the scenery has changed

BTW odds are that 4+ hour fight started with a base attack. and probably ended with its inevitable conclusion a base capture.

Funny I rarely hear anyone in the MA complain when there side gets the upper hand and captures the base. And I hear it even less when someone comes in and takes down all the ack to turn the "vulch light" on. More often then not even when the FHs go down the base doesnt even get captured and the furball only barely slows down due to players staying alive long enough to keep it defended long enough for the FH's to re up.

sorry. the only fights that are "ruined" are for those that are extremely lazy
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #321 on: August 15, 2009, 01:36:28 AM »
Nope.

I'd say well over 90% are exactly that way
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #322 on: August 15, 2009, 01:40:46 AM »
I disagree entirely. The 4+ hour fight would have been shorter but we backed off and Dan told them to up. That is what makes a fight and KEEPs it going.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #323 on: August 15, 2009, 01:41:02 AM »
Dred, the 4 + hour fight started because I went on 200 and said there were a bunch of 38s enroute from 12 - 15 looking for a fight.  Some folks took us up on that including the AKs, some 68s, the Widowmakers and others.

The only bombers involved were B-38s and we had no bombs, just lots of parts to distribute.

Thankfully the guys that came along later respected our request not to bomb the hangers.  It was a classy move on thier part and allowed for some great fights.

So in the end it was us who 'moved', started the fight, and kept it going along with the guys fighting us.  There would be no justification at that point for a bomber guy to come along and flatten the hangers just because.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #324 on: August 15, 2009, 02:00:23 AM »
Dan what was the second previous avatar from?  Was an illustrated portrait of a pilot.  Wearing a brown leather cap.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #325 on: August 15, 2009, 02:11:30 AM »
Dred, the 4 + hour fight started because I went on 200 and said there were a bunch of 38s enroute from 12 - 15 looking for a fight.  Some folks took us up on that including the AKs, some 68s, the Widowmakers and others.

The only bombers involved were B-38s and we had no bombs, just lots of parts to distribute.

Thankfully the guys that came along later respected our request not to bomb the hangers.  It was a classy move on thier part and allowed for some great fights.

So in the end it was us who 'moved', started the fight, and kept it going along with the guys fighting us.  There would be no justification at that point for a bomber guy to come along and flatten the hangers just because.

ok fine.I'll buy that. It does occasionally happen that way. My experiences is most of the time it doesnt.

Are we talking about one single incident or a common occurance?
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #326 on: August 15, 2009, 05:44:43 AM »

Thankfully the guys that came along later respected our request not to bomb the hangers.  It was a classy move on thier part and allowed for some great fights.

I was one of those guys.....ask anyone who was there furballing when I came in.  I left one of the hangers up....

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: August 15, 2009, 08:00:46 AM »
How's this?

gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #328 on: August 15, 2009, 08:12:15 AM »

well...admittedly...i was carrying drop tanks.

they make a groovy little "poof" when they hit the ground.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #329 on: August 15, 2009, 11:50:47 AM »
How's this?

(Image removed from quote.)
is that lynchmob? i respected that sqaud........
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"