Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18735 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
xD he's a nub w/ computer. He only have 512 MB of ram. I been trying to advice him on how to upgrade his computer=/
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »
I got window 7 =), Just bough 4 more gigs of ram, so I'll have total of 8 gigs. I wanna be able to turn max graphic on this game and not have graphic lag issue !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »
I got window 7 =), Just bough 4 more gigs of ram, so I'll have total of 8 gigs. I wanna be able to turn max graphic on this game and not have graphic lag issue !
  :rofl Yeah got myself a new TV and CP . And now my headset and controller are crapin out. watermelon never ends. :cry
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:02:51 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2009, 10:38:13 PM »
Dropping FH's is fun, give up trying to get people to play to 'your' style.
Your an idiot and havnt read any of the 20+ pages other then the first 3.....
err think thats rook country channel. :uhoh

As far as taking hangers down. I thought knights loved to keep them up so they could vulch for hours on end.

And when they get sleepy and pull the thump out of their mouths. They'd  finally take the base. :D

PS. Point made stop stoning  dogfite, he doesnt know any  better.
Knights are just unorganized at tht point so they take forever when it comes to the end of a base capture. Im throwing stones in multiple directions the night this thread was made the first stone went at Dogfite and thats why everyone thinks its a problem with him, its more a problem with a certain group of players Fortress being THE worse
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2009, 11:04:15 PM »
well I saw fortress trying to fly a fighter last night !  :D I said trying.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2009, 12:48:23 AM »
well I saw fortress trying to fly a fighter last night !  :D I said trying.
:rofl at least he learning, Dogfite has a reason he cant fly fighters in the new patch, I think he needs to try dumbing down the graphics since the most recent patch, I used to not be able to run default settings, now i can run it with no lag and steady FR of 60 :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2009, 08:54:57 AM »
Your an idiot and havnt read any of the 20+ pages other then the first 3.....

Tell you what, you pay my $15 per month and then you can tell me how to play. 

I've played long enough to learn the whines when it comes to dropping hangers, it stems from people wanting to vulch...boohoo. 

Just a suggestion, but the dueling arena is pretty good if you just want a furball.

btw, it is spelled you're, not your.  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »

I've played long enough to learn the whines when it comes to dropping hangers, it stems from people wanting to vulch...boohoo. 

Off target.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »
no reason to do it you tools, we dont want the perks from winning the war, we get them by killing your spit 16s and n1ks in 20+ eny birds. STOP THE TOOLSHEDDING!!!!! :furious

No you see it is so on target.  Why doesn't HTC just make all the bases uncapturable and all the hangers indestructable?

Give me a break.  Someone ruined his vulch and he's mad about it.  Go play the DA if you don't want the map aspect of the game.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »
Whether it messed up his "vulch" or not I don't know. I'm just looking for a little common courtesy. Corky posted about a nice little fight the SAPPers had against some AK's and such that lasted over 4 hours. If a fight is going on between a couple of bases and a bunch of players "ask" that the hangers be left up, or "not to go for the capture" that some people would have a little courtesy and leave the fight alone. If the guys who like taking bases want to take all the bases around the fight, thats fine, go for it. After the furball has died out and the numbers are gone, take the base that we asked you to leave alone. Everyone can still have their type of fun. Nobody is telling any one to play his way, just asking for some common courtesy.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2009, 10:09:25 AM »
That is a nice sentiment in a sort of 'Kumbaya lets all get along' sort of way.

Practically speaking though, it is pie in the sky dreaming of how the 'perfect world of aces high' should exist.  For example, lets for argument sake say a person does not want to interfere with others having fun, which is undoubtedly true for the majority of players.

How would one know that they are interfering with someone else?  Do you ask on range for permission, on country channel?  Would it be based on the 'majority' of players in the area saying yah or nay, or if one person says no, do you end your sortie?  What about conflicting interest?  Say a base is strategically located for the 'win the war' crowd, but that base is also where two squads are having fun going at it.  Does the 'win the war' crowd sacrifice attacking a chosen base because some other group might not like it. 

How about the guy that wants to drop a VH hangar, but inadvertently stops a gv battle at some other location?  Should hangars just be made in-destructable so this problem could never exist?  It's absurd, and there is a DA perfect to avoid this problem.

Hangars go down for 15 minutes, then they spawn right back up.  IMO, it's best just to stop whining about how terrible things are.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:32:11 PM by DREDger »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2009, 11:04:49 AM »
Everything but the last line..  Is why you can't make blanket statements (you could easily argue in the same vein the opposite - winning the war is absurd considering the "rewards").  Every situation and fight are different.  It takes some experience to "know" what's probably right or probably wrong.  Some stuff is obvious and other stuff less so.  And the DA isn't the only place one ought to expect a good continuous fight.  The game isn't about real estate, it's about air combat.  The real estate is meant to spur on the air combat.  It might be fun in itself the same way jeep races or historical immersion-oriented gameplay, but the meat of the game is always combat.  Not what color a strat icon on the clipboard is.

Shutting down FHs because players are too busy having fun furballing to "contribute" to the war winning is wrong, and by your premise it's arguably "whining".
That's what fair play is.  The same principle that distinguishes e.g. good kills from kill stealing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:07:10 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »

Practically speaking though, it is pie in the sky dreaming of how the 'perfect world of aces high' should exist.  For example, lets for argument sake say a person does not want to interfere with others having fun, which is undoubtedly true for the majority of players.

How would one know that they are interfering with someone else?  Do you ask on range for permission, on country channel?  Would it be based on the 'majority' of players in the area saying yah or nay, or if one person says no, do you end your sortie?  What about conflicting interest?  Say a base is strategically located for the 'win the war' crowd, but that base is also where two squads are having fun going at it.  Does the 'win the war' crowd sacrifice attacking a chosen base because some other group might not like it. 

How about the guy that wants to drop a VH hanger, but inadvertently stops a gv battle at some other location?  Should hangers just be made in-destructable so this problem could never exist?  It's absurd, and their is a DA perfect to avoid this problem.

Hangers go down for 15 minutes, then they spawn right back up.  IMO, it's best just to stop whining about how terrible things are.

Your taking it to the extremes. There is a middle ground to everything, and that is pretty much where "common courtesy" lies. It's easy enough to ask what needs to be hit as your lining up on a base. If the answer is "leave the FH up please" where's the problem with just moving on to the next base?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #358 on: August 16, 2009, 11:34:10 AM »
Geez...15+ pages of

Never ceases to amaze how less than 10% of the community population can make the most noise...stop your squeaking.

Simple matter of fact...you want to furball or dogfight between/over 2 bases, you're more than welcome to. If someone with a mission in their heads wants to come along and take one of those bases out from under you or tool sheds a base and it spoils your "fun time", too bad nobody cares about your perk points, poop happens. If you're that good, find another base to up from and grab a drop tank so you don't have to worry about fuel.
Talk about courtesy, in case some of the bigger squeakers here didn't notice there are more people trying to take bases in both late war MA's than there are furballers. Your furball is interfering with someones strategic plans, but they haven't come in here and started a whine thread about it.

Have one of these, it will might make you feel better about your 1337 pile-it skillz.

No disresect to Guppy and those who wing with him.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2009, 11:51:28 AM »

Just a suggestion, but the dueling arena is pretty good if you just want a furball.

btw, it is spelled you're, not your.  :aok

By the way, it's hangar, not hanger.      :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve