Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18728 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #375 on: August 16, 2009, 04:26:34 PM »
I think BJ is something of a stalker, he continually brings up my name on these posts.  I haven't even played in 2 months yet to hear him rant I'm the bane of his existence.  (Did I ruin your fun?  :cry)

Besides which, this thread is about whether or not FH's should be dropped, not the capture of tank town dude.  :lol 

Nice 'non-answer', worthy of a white house spokesman--(btw, this topic morphed into griefers vs furballers many..many pages ago ;)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #376 on: August 16, 2009, 04:28:32 PM »
The point i'm trying to make is furballing in itself is a type of game play, just as base taking or war winning is.

Furballing doesn't dictate gameplay to others.

I really don't think people set out to ruin a fight by taking out the FHs unless they want to take the base.

You obviously haven't been following this thread or at least the information herein hasn't sunk in. I will not discuss it further with you until you are informed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 05:09:55 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
« Reply #377 on: August 16, 2009, 04:55:15 PM »
Wow.
This is a test

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #378 on: August 16, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »

Never ceases to amaze how less than 10% of the community population can make the most noise...stop your squeaking.

Simple matter of fact...you want to furball or dogfight between/over 2 bases, you're more than welcome to. If someone with a mission in their heads wants to come along and take one of those bases out from under you or tool sheds a base and it spoils your "fun time", too bad nobody cares about your perk points, poop happens. If you're that good, find another base to up from and grab a drop tank so you don't have to worry about fuel.
Talk about courtesy, in case some of the bigger squeakers here didn't notice there are more people trying to take bases in both late war MA's than there are furballers. Your furball is interfering with someones strategic plans, but they haven't come in here and started a whine thread about it.

No disresect to Guppy and those who wing with him.

Most people in a furball couldn't care less about score/perks/win the war. They just want to have fights/fun <---- these mean the same thing to a furballer. Does it bother you so much that there are 30-60 people having fun while your "working" on taking another base?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #379 on: August 16, 2009, 05:27:11 PM »
Most people in a furball couldn't care less about score/perks/win the war. They just want to have fights/fun <---- these mean the same thing to a furballer. Does it bother you so much that there are 30-60 people having fun while your "working" on taking another base?

It does because they're selfish. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #380 on: August 16, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »

i think it does.

the armchair cartoon generals, think that because they "took command" of a mishun, that makes them the leader of their chesspiece army air force.
 hence, since they're now appointed themselves as the cartoon general of rookland/knightland/bishland, all of the chesspiece army air force must follow their orders, or be publicaly ridiculed, and whipped repeatedly with a wet linguini noodle.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #381 on: August 16, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »
Well I'm new to Aces High and everyone will probably love my answer :furious.  In an operation order there is what is known as commanders intent.  That might be a simple as destroying fuel and munitions at an airfield to ground the fighter opposition.  Now if you can't hit all the fuel and ammo points you can not fulfill the commanders intent.  Now If I bomb the 2 fighter hangers it accomplishes the commanders intent because it neutralizes the fighter opposition in the area.  Different target same results.

As stated in an earlier entry i can not say how many times I have been inbound to a target and can not get anyone to answer my request for information.  If I can not get the needed information then I am going to hit what I perceive as a primary target.  Yes fighter hangers.

Just remember these arenas encompass all AH members young, old, gamers and Sim addicts.  Everyone pays the same to partake.  If you don't like it go to special events, another area on the map or just leave because I don't want to hear your self centered dribble.  See you in the friendly skies and have a nice day.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #382 on: August 16, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »
Well I'm new to Aces High and everyone will probably love my answer :furious.  In an operation order there is what is known as commanders intent.  That might be a simple as destroying fuel and munitions at an airfield to ground the fighter opposition.  Now if you can't hit all the fuel and ammo points you can not fulfill the commanders intent.  Now If I bomb the 2 fighter hangers it accomplishes the commanders intent because it neutralizes the fighter opposition in the area.  Different target same results.

As stated in an earlier entry i can not say how many times I have been inbound to a target and can not get anyone to answer my request for information.  If I can not get the needed information then I am going to hit what I perceive as a primary target.  Yes fighter hangers.

Just remember these arenas encompass all AH members young, old, gamers and Sim addicts.  Everyone pays the same to partake.  If you don't like it go to special events, another area on the map or just leave because I don't want to hear your self centered dribble.  See you in the friendly skies and have a nice day.

.....and if the "commanders intend" is to have fun furballing?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 16, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »
Sorry, didn't get the memo... we have a commander now? Who is it?  :huh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #384 on: August 16, 2009, 06:18:13 PM »
Sorry, didn't get the memo... we have a commander now? Who is it?  :huh

I figured we could use his   :D

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #385 on: August 16, 2009, 06:36:27 PM »
Remember your not the only ones paying and playing Aces High. Like war it is unpredictable.  So Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #386 on: August 16, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
Remember your not the only ones paying and playing Aces High. Like war it is unpredictable.  So Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

ahhhh be see, this ISN'T like war, its a game were people come together and have fun..... or at least try to.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #387 on: August 16, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
it's not a war, but rather a sim/game.

if you REALLY feel the need to drop hangars, or ords, or whatever, you have over 30 bases to choose from./
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #388 on: August 16, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »

So anything goes.  I can announce your bombers are coming to the other side then?  Talk about a selfish approach to the game. 

And this isn't war.  The second we start really dying, you can use that argument.  Until then it won't work.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #389 on: August 16, 2009, 07:59:15 PM »
The second we start really dying, you can use that argument. 

Interesting point.  In real life the pilots dreaded flying and died in droves.  I saw an interview where an old WW2 pilot said flying was analogous to riding the bumper cars at the county fair;  Rickety, cheap and unpredictable, but adding 500 gallons of gasoline into the mix.  I doubt there was ever a discussion of 'you stolt my kill' and now it won't say I landed 2 kills!

UPTOWN has it correct above.  There isn't some conspiricy out there to ruin other's fun.  My guess is bomber or fighter guys just drop FH to see them go KABLOOOWEEE!!! 

Quit your whining, you know who you are.