Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18720 times)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #405 on: August 16, 2009, 09:30:40 PM »
Soldier, that's just the kind of commitment this War is in Need of!  I hereby reward you with the Very Honorable Distinguished Medal of Strategic Endowment, 1st class!
(Image removed from quote.)
Wear it with pride!!

Signed,
Supreme Strategic Commander
(Image removed from quote.)
LMAO M00t!!! I just spit soda all over the screen and keyboard  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :aok

|
     |
     |
     \/
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #406 on: August 16, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
Wow, this has been one heck of a thread. This thread should die now. Oh, and Mister Supreme Ultimate Uber Kommander Heir Moot, can I have an award, too?  :salute

i can put pics of my infected toe up. it killed another thread........ :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
« Reply #407 on: August 16, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »
LOL
This is a test

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #408 on: August 16, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »
I know there were many German pilots who very much enjoyed running up their scores, and did not 'dread' flying. Many had to be forced out of action by the higher-ups in the Luftwaffe because they didn't want to stop. Hartmann actually had to get the help of some of his fellow pilots, as they were going to ground him after his 301st kill (they didn't want to lose a national hero), but he wanted to continue flying... This is after he was shot down several times, and even captured. He also turned down being transferred to JV44 to fly the Me 262, he wanted to stay with JG52... although this ended up with him getting captured by the Soviets and being falsely imprisoned for 10 years.
Actually, I can think of at least one specific instance of where this actually happened, more or less.

The generalizations you're making based on  a single airman's experience are... pretty far reaching and inaccurate.

I was thinking of the Kidd Hofer escapade mentioned in 1000 Destroyed where he was shooting at someone, another Mustang came in, he told them to break and he finished shooting down the German bird he was shooting at.

Don Blakeslee, considered one of the two best fighter commanders of the USAAF in the ETO considered air combat 'grand sport.'    Fighter pilots were a very competitive bunch.

I was talking to a 474th FG P38 pilot a few months ago and he said he dreamed about air combat and what he'd do when he got into it.  He looked forward to it and hoped for the day he could go one on one in a dogfight. He'd worked out exactly how it would go in his head.   He spent his time flying ground attack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2009, 03:51:08 AM »
woooooo 30 pages? possible, I caant try to argue anymore because for some reason the other side says the same thing over and over even when we say something, the otherside also seems to have an average of about 22 posts here on the bbs :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »
woooooo 30 pages? possible, I caant try to argue anymore because for some reason the other side says the same thing over and over even when we say something, the otherside also seems to have an average of about 22 posts here on the bbs :noid

I think what happened is the intent of the original post got completely lost with a bunch of straw-man arguments about the merits of the different types of game play.

Unless I am mistaken, your OP was about Toolshedding in it's purest form, and doing it to intentionally spoil a furball.

Somehow it has mutated.......  :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »
I think what happened is the intent of the original post got completely lost with a bunch of straw-man arguments about the merits of the different types of game play.

Unless I am mistaken, your OP was about Toolshedding in it's purest form, and doing it to intentionally spoil a furball.

Somehow it has mutated.......  :noid
right i know, well im thinking about buying a Rubicon with my second half of my bonus O|||||O  :rock
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:08 PM »
right i know, well im thinking about buying a Rubicon with my second half of my bonus O|||||O  :rock

Not enough grille slots.    :furious
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »

O|||||||O

I personally don't care for the electric lockers on the Rubicons.  They are a bugger in my opinion.

I've got a '06' Sport, which pretty much has the same rear(s) and options as the Rubicon, but without the lockers.  If I need them, I'll put manual ones on.

Mine (2006) is also the last year for the in-line 6-cyl    :cry

EDIT:

I also don't have the 31" tires (only 30" for now, waiting for them to wear out before a lift and new shoes), I have 15" wheels (not 16") and I don't have any stock rock rails (oh noes!!!)

If I wanted better fuel economy, I'd have bought a Honda.        :noid
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:17:19 PM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2009, 02:47:10 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

OMG I am laughin so hard.....  28 pages and counting on this thread...  :rofl :rofl

This all boils down to the fundamental concept of "You are not playing the game the way I want you to so you are a <insert rude comment/name here>". It just dont matter what you do in here, its a game and we all pay the same fee to be here. HTC built a place for everybody to do whatever they like to do in here. If you in the DA dont get ticked cause there aint no Task Groups to hit. If you in one of the "free for all" Main Arenas dont get ticked cause  your Furball get popped. You want 7/24 uninterrupted Furball action.. go to the DA, plenty of room for 500 vs 500 Furball in there and nobody gona bomb your FH. You want 7/24 Strategic/Tactical Air Combat stay the heck outa the DA's and  hang in one of the many Main Arena's where you can Ground Attack, Strat Bomb, Tank vs Tank, Base Capture, Fleet Action till your eyes bleed and your spleen falls out.

Like I taught each of my children as they grew up. "if you put your hand on the  hot stove burner and you get burned, the first time I give you a hug, put some ice on  your hand and feel your pain with you. The second time I scold you for not figuring out the stove is hot and you get burned by putting your hand on it"

Oh I really loved that screeny of the "Fun Police" .. should put your Face right in the pilot seat bro casue that is what this post is all about. Whaa Whaa Whaa......... You aint playing the game that way I want you to.. Whaa Whaa Whaa   :cry   :cry   :cry

Just my thoughts on the subject since it appears that everybody else that ever played this game has posted on it. LMFAO  :rofl  :rofl

Later,
KayBay :cool:

See ya in the Sky !!

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:40 PM »
Just my 2 cent.

This is an WWII flight sim, there is enemies and friendlys.
When in a bomber, my main goal is to ruin the war for the enemy, at what ever way that is possible for me. (I expect the enemy to do the same)
If nearby a big furball, I WILL do my best to take down all hangars possible, this way my side will gain some advantage.

Is this wrong?

I think not.
After all, it is war  :devil
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
Just my 2 cent.

This is an WWII flight sim, there is enemies and friendlys.
When in a bomber, my main goal is to ruin the war for the enemy, at what ever way that is possible for me. (I expect the enemy to do the same)
If nearby a big furball, I WILL do my best to take down all hangars possible, this way my side will gain some advantage.

Is this wrong?

I think not.
After all, it is war  :devil

but......

what if the furball isn't happening due to an attempted base capture?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2009, 03:26:48 PM »

This all boils down to the fundamental concept of "You are not playing the game the way I want you to so you are a <insert rude comment/name here>".

Whaa Whaa Whaa......... You aint playing the game that way I want you to.. Whaa Whaa Whaa   :cry   :cry   :cry

Absolutely spot on.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »

Oh I really loved that screeny of the "Fun Police" .. should put your Face right in the pilot seat bro casue that is what this post is all about. Whaa Whaa Whaa......... You aint playing the game that way I want you to.. Whaa Whaa Whaa   :cry   :cry   :cry

No that doesn't actually represent what is being asked at all.  There is plenty of room for people to play the game and work towards the objectives that they find fun and enjoyable.  No where has anyone said that you can't take a field, just please don't do it in a way that ruins the gameplay for others.  Seems like a pretty simple request that shouldn't be that hard to accept.  If some furballers are enjoying a fight take a field somewhere else, it's really not that hard.  In fact it happened just last week, there was a nice fight, the bomber pilots asked what was going on and we asked to not take down the hangars and they didn't.  They took the next base over, the fight continued and everyone had a good time that night in AH land.  It really can be that simple.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2009, 03:50:25 PM »
It is absolutely amazing the amount of people that have absolutely no clue as to what the real point of the thread is all about ... even after reading all the posts that explain it over and over again.

Ya just can't fix stupid.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."