Author Topic: PATCH 5! Thanks HTC  (Read 1805 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: PATCH 5! Thanks HTC
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 12:58:47 AM »
bake me a cake...
Look at it, looks like a blue counter top.
i keep looking for koolaid stains
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 02:34:13 AM »
<- deeply frustrated after 5 patches...  :(
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 03:39:22 AM »
At-least the game is flyable again... looks like ill be pumping funds into it again, thx HT and crew :aok
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 04:37:18 AM »
<- deeply frustrated after 5 patches...  :(

nooooooooooooo, lusche, just get a GTX 260 here http://www.alternate.de/html/shop/productDetails.html?artno=JBXWP7&articleId=359142&baseId=555022

for just 132 € and you will have steady 60 fps, what ever big puffy ack and furballs might be.
bet this will solve your issues

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 06:13:41 AM »
My issues are not a result of not enough vid power, and it's not exactly a FR problem

AMD64 X2 4200 + GF 9600 GT should be able to run the game without stutters ;)

BTW "just" 132€ is an enormous sum of money for me (just spent 80€ on this GF 9600GT upgrade, that's all I can afford in next 10 months). And I would have to get a new PSU as well to run this card. And  CPU  :lol

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:18:20 AM by Lusche »

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 06:28:13 AM »
Using a low end computer myself here and the update looks sweet...

Thanks HTC  :rock

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 07:35:17 AM »
I have a Nvidia 260, and last night I went about 13k higher than I usually do in a Yak9U, to 20k, to kill a bomber.  Coming back to base, I still had half my ammo, so I dove to 12k and screamed overhead doing a good 450.  Sure enough there was a co-alt Corsair that tried to dive away, I was following him to the deck, 1000 back when...

... Aces High locked up and I had to alt tab to the desktop and end task.  Can't remember the last time AH crashed on me.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 07:43:53 AM »
My issues are not a result of not enough vid power, and it's not exactly a FR problem

BTW "just" 132€ is an enormous sum of money for me (just spent 80€ on this GF 9600GT upgrade, that's all I can afford in next 10 months). And I would have to get a new PSU as well to run this card. And  CPU  :lol

How much RAM do you have? 

By the way, I have the same exact proc as you- I have 2 gigs of RAM, and a Radeon 4850, and it hammers this game out no problem. 

I think the issue you're facing is your graphics card.  I left Nvidia after my 7950 GT OC issues.  Good GOD, their drivers sucked, the card was unstable as all hell, even when underclocked. 

Well it may be bias, but I can't stand Nvidia anymore, and all I hear are problems from 'em. 
"You rebel scum"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 07:45:20 AM »

I'm hoping it will get better for you, Lusche. I can relate. It's no fun seeing the game advance as it should, and yet income issues slow down our upgrades to compensate.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:59 AM »
Now.
To all those folks who were stomping feet throwing temper tantrums when the new version came out.

How would you like your crow cooked? Or do you prefer to eat it raw?
I think I'd prefer they eat it raw!  hee hee   It is such a big difference, and it is smooth as silk....it just looks so much better with this patch.   :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 08:12:14 AM »
crap I hate being at work when a new patch is out....
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »

I think the issue you're facing is your graphics card.  I left Nvidia after my 7950 GT OC issues.  Good GOD, their drivers sucked, the card was unstable as all hell, even when underclocked. 

I doubt it's the graphics card alone. I think it lies somewhere in having an early dual core amd64 (2GB ram btw).
Every other game (Crysis, COD4, MS flight, Il2, video editing, whatever) runs fine, so did AHII 2.13

And without compatibility mode, I don't get any stutter - but sooner or later a spinning clipboard or a almost certain lockup when minimzing AH (which I absolutely HAVE to)
And before someone asks: Yes, I know about the optimzer, but no combination of optimizer and cpu driver versions did ever allowed me to run AH without compatibility mode. (Tried them all on a fresh XP install)

*sigh*

Currently I just could kick myself for havin invested all my money in this 9600GT in expectance of AH 2.14  :lol :cry

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 08:38:43 AM »
The low res graphics look like marble.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 08:44:25 AM »
Download link from the homepage is down.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 09:01:05 AM »
I doubt it's the graphics card alone. I think it lies somewhere in having an early dual core amd64 (2GB ram btw).
Every other game (Crysis, COD4, MS flight, Il2, video editing, whatever) runs fine, so did AHII 2.13

And without compatibility mode, I don't get any stutter - but sooner or later a spinning clipboard or a almost certain lockup when minimzing AH (which I absolutely HAVE to)
And before someone asks: Yes, I know about the optimzer, but no combination of optimizer and cpu driver versions did ever allowed me to run AH without compatibility mode. (Tried them all on a fresh XP install)

*sigh*

Currently I just could kick myself for havin invested all my money in this 9600GT in expectance of AH 2.14  :lol :cry

I think I got it.

Do you have an antivirus program running?  I got that spinning clipboard when I left Avast running in the background. 

If I killed the services (stop on-access protection), and killed most of my systray things, it ran stable as all hell. 

Only thing I have running is TrackIR, and AH2. 
"You rebel scum"