Author Topic: After all the patches,what have ya got?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
After all the patches,what have ya got?
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »
It seems to me that the eye candy thing has run it's full course,and we are back to about where we started.The graphics look about the same to me,and that is after they had to do a lot of fixes to get it where the lower end puter owners could hang in there.With the nice looking water,terrain,etc. came the stutters,but not all seemed to be adversely affected.Strangely enough,my puter seems to run the game the same no matter what,and it's no killer rig...AMD 6000,4 gigs ram,Nvidia 8800GT,not clocked.I get some freezes..stutters,but not enough to be concerned about.I've ran the game at 512 and 1024 and I don't see any difference.Heck I didn't mind Air Warrior graphics.I'm just glad to see that this last patch seems to help a lot of folks.
IronDog

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: After all the patches,what have ya got?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »
I think what you've got is a company who are busting a gut to satisfy as many of their customers as possible
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 08:06:25 PM »
Unless you install the Hi-Res patch you won't see the difference

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »
Your rig is better than mine and i have had no problems what so ever

Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHZ
2GB Ram
Nvidia 6800GT 128mb

Running full detail slider 1024 hi res pack with detail land and water. Im getting about 50 fps average unless Im in a huge furball then im getting like 30-40
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
new patch still stutters for me same system near youRs ID
hope htc fixes it soon never had this stutter in this or anyother game till the new update
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »
It seems to me that the eye candy thing has run it's full course,and we are back to about where we started.The graphics look about the same to me,and that is after they had to do a lot of fixes to get it where the lower end puter owners could hang in there.

The moving ripples on the water, the reflections off the water and the sun's reflections off individual ripples were'nt there in the last version or was the appearance of water depth near shore.  I was marveling at this today on a PT mission.

Earlier in the day I had the pleasure of GVing in Orange on the big island map.  I was GVing near the two GV bases on that SE island with the tall mountains seperating them from the airfields.  From the vehicle spawn there was a long rolling hillside juxtaposed against what looked like snow covered, or at least frost covered mountains.  Absolutely beutiful.  I flew by these mountains later and was very pleased with their look.

The trees are all different.  Now rather than a choice of evergreen or deciduous there are 5-6 or more different types in different colors.  The trunks actually look like tree trunks now and the ground shrubbery is greatly improved.

I think you are totally wrong in your assesment.  This is a massive improvement.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:15:04 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »
I'm with Eagl on this one. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 10:20:04 PM »
me to

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 10:57:44 PM »
The moving ripples on the water, the reflections off the water and the sun's reflections off individual ripples were'nt there in the last version or was the appearance of water depth near shore.  I was marveling at this today on a PT mission.

Earlier in the day I had the pleasure of GVing in Orange on the big island map.  I was GVing near the two GV bases on that SE island with the tall mountains seperating them from the airfields.  From the vehicle spawn there was a long rolling hillside juxtaposed against what looked like snow covered, or at least frost covered mountains.  Absolutely beutiful.  I flew by these mountains later and was very pleased with their look.

The trees are all different.  Now rather than a choice of evergreen or deciduous there are 5-6 or more different types in different colors.  The trunks actually look like tree trunks now and the ground shrubbery is greatly improved.

I think you are totally wrong in your assesment.  This is a massive improvement.
+3  :aok  :rock
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 11:21:38 PM »
 For me its all good , my frame rate is always 59 / 60 so I'm happy . I have discoed more in the last month than I had all of the last 2.5 years previously but it'll work out soon .
                                                                                    Nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 11:24:04 PM »

I also like the snow cap effect on the mountians...adds a nice feel  :aok

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 11:33:31 PM »
   Its so much better than it was before. And it runs fine. (Before meaning before any of the patches)

~AoM~

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 11:42:56 PM »
Looks like we got another thread
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 12:16:10 AM »
I really wasn't meaning to badmouth the new graphics.I think the AH gang really done a good job.I just don't care as much about the graphics as perhaps the next guy would.I run the Hi Res version,and I get 60 fps most all the time.I use the default graphic settings,and the game is great by me.The stutter whilst panning has never completely gone away,and in all honesty I've never been able to figure it out.I really wish that everyone could play w/o problems,as it's frustrating to see a lot of the vets having a hard time getting the game to run well.The AH II update also had very similar problems,and they got it right after a few patches.
IronDog

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 06:51:13 AM »
For me its all good , my frame rate is always 59 / 60 so I'm happy . I have discoed more in the last month than I had all of the last 2.5 years previously but it'll work out soon .
                                                                                    Nutte :salute
What were disco's like in the 70's John :x
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario