Author Topic: Thanks from the SAPP 38 drivers  (Read 8046 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Thanks from the SAPP 38 drivers
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2009, 10:03:58 PM »
Not sure, but they they stick out like an iguana trying to be a chamelion.
:rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2009, 10:04:41 PM »
It's always a pleasure fighting Sappers. It's fun to watch them from my chute  :confused:

that could be because we fight for the fun of the fight?   :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2009, 10:21:33 PM »
One thing ive noticed about fighting around the 38 guys, they always ask before jumping on the con your engaged with.  :aok
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2009, 10:28:56 PM »
OK, I'm Storch, I'm also anyone else that's got a reputation, I can be anything and everything if we can all just agree to disagree and move along.
Anyway, where's my invite to do some flying in a 38 with one of you saap boys?  I'm not as crap as I was, but still crapish.  I have no time available till next week at the earliest, but would like a chance to ride along for a few sorties, Never know, I might start to like a 38  :)
Cheers boys!
Tunes (or storch or anyone else)
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2009, 10:53:30 PM »
One thing ive noticed about fighting around the 38 guys, they always ask before jumping on the con your engaged with.  :aok

i always ask first. if you say no, then i advise on 200 that i'm out, and watch from a non-threatening distance.

you say yes, or don't answer, then i come in.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2009, 11:59:42 PM »

Anyway, where's my invite to do some flying in a 38 with one of you saap boys? 

You'll get it in "2 weeks".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2009, 12:01:39 AM »
You'll get it in "2 weeks".

ack-ack

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2009, 12:03:32 AM »
OK, I'm Storch, I'm also anyone else that's got a reputation, I can be anything and everything if we can all just agree to disagree and move along.
Anyway, where's my invite to do some flying in a 38 with one of you saap boys?  I'm not as crap as I was, but still crapish.  I have no time available till next week at the earliest, but would like a chance to ride along for a few sorties, Never know, I might start to like a 38  :)
Cheers boys!

Just gotta ask if you see someone up.  Larry's flown 38s with me many a time in the past.  38G's too!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2009, 12:22:57 AM »
I've been trying to do that lately, if I see someone that I haven't been engaged with heading for home that im chasing, I'll ask on too if he's RTB.

If it swooped through and made a pick pass and runs home, you bet I'm gunna follow him and vulch him on the runway.  :D
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2009, 12:26:24 AM »
2 weeks was a good one! Walked right into that one :)

But I do need to learn how shuffler and ack ack work that 38, Shuffler in particular, he squirms around in that thing and then sticks to you like glue, I've often seen a 38 low and though "ah ha, easy pickings" and it's shuffler, and off to the tower for me  :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:30:35 AM by iTunes »
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2009, 10:01:42 AM »
Anyway, where's my invite to do some flying in a 38 with one of you saap boys?  Cheers boys!

So thats it ........ I thought it was SAPP. My bad. That explains why I haven't gotten the invite yet.

They said I could join if I took Mensa and her Peg Leg out on a date. That was over 6 months ago.   :noid :noid
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2009, 10:14:12 AM »
although itunes is being fairly respectable here.......i'll not fly with anyone from that squad, solely based on their antics in the arenas.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »
That's a pretty predjudicial statement, CAP, don't you think? You should, at the very least, give someone a chance before forming an opinion on an individual. I think you should atleast afford him the opportunity to prove himself one way or another. Your might be surprised!

Funny, we've never made that statement like that about anyone or any squad in this game! we've never judged players based on their squad affiliation.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »
That's a pretty predjudicial statement, CAP, don't you think? You should, at the very least, give someone a chance before forming an opinion on an individual. I think you should atleast afford him the opportunity to prove himself one way or another. Your might be surprised!

Funny, we've never made that statement like that about anyone or any squad in this game! we've never judged players based on their squad affiliation.

yea, it is, and i'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

in r/l people tend to hang out with like minded people. it often seems the same in here. thus, if there's a couple bad eggs in the squad, chances are good there's more.

i gave one guy in here(not on your squad) a chance, and he stuck the proverbial knife in my back.

on the other hand,i might've had a decent fight against n7 last night, but my #2 engine pooped out just as i turned to face him.....thus i lost all of my maneuvering speed in the 2nd half of that turn.

my judgement is based on the antics of a couple of your members, and the fact that you defend them. if i were a squad co, and one of my members did stupid poop like that that would possibly give us a bad rep, i would give them one chance.......if i were to see it again, i would immediately boot them from the squad. there would be no questions, or options in my mind.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:37:28 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2009, 12:42:37 PM »
then again this is a game, not a military operation. if you actually knew any of the guys, you absolutely would never be able to make that statement. From the outside looking in, i can understand your point of view. otherwise, its a pretty arrogant statement. luckily i was brought up to be a little more forgiving then that.