Author Topic: Thanks from the SAPP 38 drivers  (Read 8030 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Thanks from the SAPP 38 drivers
« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »
This, gentlemen is .. a ... HOMOPHOBE   :cry
nope...not really.........not even close.........it was intended as an example of what i've been trying to convey.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2009, 10:51:41 PM »
must...............................................................................convince.................................................wayward........................................................soul................................of................................error.............................of...........................his...................................................ways...........................................must................................. :noid :noid

It's not hard, Heck I haven't played AH all month  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2009, 10:52:48 PM »
:rolleyes:

Thank god I'm in neither squad! Or organization, or whatever.
I was  :noid

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »
It is a simple rule of civilized society, dating back to when the first humans began social interactions. That is where your logic is faulty, and where you are incorrect.
could you point me to a site or book etc so I can read this?
Can you tell me what my basic premise was? and where it's faulty beyond repair?
Lets look at your argument:

Let me state this is plainly and clearly as possible, in simple English. If you associate with a group, ie, attend their gatherings, "fly their colors", etc(1), then by doing so you do condone and affirm their actions (2). It is a simple rule of civilized society, dating back to when the first humans began social interactions.(3) That is where your logic is faulty, and where you are incorrect.(4)

By associating with a group, willingly and voluntarily, you are saying "I like who these guys are, I like what they do, I like how they act, I want to be around them,(5) I want to be part of their group, I want to be with them and I want to be like them.(6)" That is just plain common sense, and again, follows with a basic and long standing rule of human social interactions.(7)

Your "debate skills", mentioning "fallacy of division", etc, do not make up for the fact that the basic premise of your argument is flawed beyond repair.(8) It violates the basic and long standing rules of human socialization and interaction.(9) So, once again, your position is ludicrous, untenable, and flawed.(10)
Conclusion: My position is ludicrous.
Argument yes/no yes
Premises1-9
Inductive strength-weak/invalid
Your conditional premise of: "If you associate with a group, ie, attend their gatherings, "fly their colors", etc(1), then by doing so you do condone and affirm their actions" does not in anyway, have a link to any of the non conditional premises. It's doesn't affirm the antecedent or deny the consequent to any of your non conditional premises.
In between these are  attempts to ridicule and reduce to the absurd.
No offense intended in anyway, merely trying to reason with you in a dignified manner.
Regards
Tunes.

Once again, you attempt to "win an argument" by "labeling strategies" rather than addressing the facts or the point of the argument.

You are not "attempting to reason", you are attempting to argue using rules for debate societies. Clue for you: no one cares about "rules for debate and discussion", and no one is scoring this on a point system either. You get no points, nor do you get your point, or rather your lack of a point, across, by attempting to "dazzle" us with your "fabulous debate skills".

No one is fooled by your "I can assign a label each individual sentence in your post" attempts to score points. All it proves is that you are unwilling to address the actual point, so you simply spin and divert.

And by the way, if you read basic high school sociology, you'll find that what I gave as a basic and fundamental law of human social interaction is taught in high school sociology, usually to freshmen who are about 14 years old. You may make whatever you like of your inability to grasp such a basic and simple concept. Now, admittedly that was about 35 years ago for me, but oddly enough, the teacher hated me, so I had to learn it well enough to score in the 90th percentile just to pass, so I retained some of the more basic points, and still remember them, despite my advancing age and redneck disposition.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2009, 11:03:10 PM »
You guys can't make a 14 page thread and not get attention.
I stick by iTunes. Sometimes looking for group associations is necessary, and sometimes it isn't.

I do not think AH is a place where squad associations should be taken into account to judge ones character.

It's like saying because SAPP is pompous, then Shuffler and CAP1 must be pompous. Are you? :(

There can be many reasons for ones association. My association with 308 Polish Squadron is my ethnic background. Maybe tunes association with JG54 is similar. Maybe that's why his grammar should not be used to hint that a drive through is his best career prospect. I found that to be below the level I expected of the poster.  :frown:

But.. all in all, who cares.  :rolleyes: time to go to bed.. cheers everyone.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2009, 11:05:44 PM »
nope...not really.........not even close.........it was intended as an example of what i've been trying to convey.......

Ahhhh must resist that reply button more next time.
That was a joke. Relax everyone!

Cheers  :D
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2009, 11:12:40 PM »
Ahhhh must resist that reply button more next time.
That was a joke. Relax everyone!

Cheers  :D

no problem.......

and i'm not pompus......but..........if the general membership of sapp were, then it would stand to reason, that i would, or could become that way from hanging with them.......

but they're not....we're a bunch of guys that simply like to have fun at no ones expense besides our own.  :D
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2009, 12:37:53 AM »
And I note again Tunes that you failed to answer my question.  Your non answer was an answer in itself.  Your wall of text when asked a simple yes or no, tells me you are stuck and have no where else to go with this.

And do me a favor by not throwing another wall of text up in reply.  All I wanted was a yes or no. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2009, 01:32:19 AM »
Go SAPP!  :salute

Join us and become a bright shining star!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2009, 01:36:48 AM »
No one's character is in question here. Folks know what type person one is by the company he/she keeps.

No question about it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2009, 01:41:14 AM »
No one's character is in question here. Folks know what type person one is by the company he/she keeps.

No question about it.

Ditto

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2009, 06:57:55 AM »

No question about it.

:huh

But you are basing an opinion on someones character by their associations?? That entire statement is hypocritical!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2009, 07:45:53 AM »
:huh

But you are basing an opinion on someones character by their associations?? That entire statement is hypocritical!

do you have kids?

have you ever told em   "i don't want you hanging around with that timmy character, he's bad news!"?

same thing.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2009, 08:10:09 AM »
no, i dont have kids, so i cant relate, sorry.

All i know is i don't just judge people by who they hang with, but rather by individual actions. just because you have 1 or 2 buttheads in a group, doesnt mean the entire group is bad.

the SAPP's as a whole are probably a decent bunch of guys, albeit there might be a couple that i dont like. that being said, i would never say that the entire group is a bunch of dweebs. i would say that, minus a few individuals, they're a great bunch of guys. just my positive outlook on life.

its hard to judge people that can hide their personalities and attitudes behind a computer screen. seems to me the worst in people comes out when they dont have to be face to face. i see alot of things on here that would never be said in person. its a shame really....

Then again this is all beating a dead horse.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2009, 08:25:58 AM »
no, i dont have kids, so i cant relate, sorry.

All i know is i don't just judge people by who they hang with, but rather by individual actions. just because you have 1 or 2 buttheads in a group, doesnt mean the entire group is bad. correct. individuals are judged by their actions. the "action" in this situation, is the fact that by allowing them to continue this behavior, thus embarrassing your squad, is condoning their behavior. thus, you guys are being judged by your actions.

the SAPP's as a whole are probably a decent bunch of guys, albeit there might be a couple that i dont like. that being said, i would never say that the entire group is a bunch of dweebs. i would say that, minus a few individuals, they're a great bunch of guys. just my positive outlook on life. i've yet to meet anyone in SAPP that is anything less than cordial, helpful, and fun. some of the SAPP guys have on more than one occasion, dropped what they were doing, to come train some of us.

its hard to judge people that can hide their personalities and attitudes behind a computer screen. seems to me the worst in people comes out when they dont have to be face to face. i see alot of things on here that would never be said in person. its a shame really....ya, i do agree with ya on this point. an FYI.....the stuff i say here, i would say to anyone sitting in the very same room as me. i don't have anything to hide, and nothing to gain by being an internet toughguy.

Then again this is all beating a dead horse.

my example with the kids  i thought you'd get. so many parents don't want their kids to hang with certain other kids. why? because they'll get a bad rep. or worse yet, they most probably will become like those kids.

again, this thread was started by guppy, to thank fellow SAPP;rs for showing up, and thanking the people that fought us all for good fights.,

then 2 of your squaddies come on here, and hijack it, try to associate themselves with us, and act as they do in the arenas.

i can't understand how you can't get this. you and tunes seem pretty reasonable.......unless you two are putting up one of those "fake" internet personalities.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"