Author Topic: Down Draft  (Read 1648 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Down Draft
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »
If I'm thinking of the same thing..

I believe what UnclKurt said was Ki61s 30+ , I made the mistake he was referring to alt, but when questioned he said he was referring to the number of planes.

I was monitoring 150 when Kurt said that.  You remember correctly, he was referring to number not alt.  But the way he said it at first did make it sound like he meant alt.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Dustoff2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 03:47:35 PM »
If I'm thinking of the same thing..

I believe what UnclKurt said was Ki61s 30+ , I made the mistake he was referring to alt, but when questioned he said he was referring to the number of planes.

copy, thanks for clear that one up. :salute
AKDust
Arabian Knights

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 04:08:18 PM »
Not true.  Simply not true.  :aok  You tried to jump our group of 5 KI-61s.  We were below you.

:lol  You simply gave up your alt.  That's why another group came in over you.

It was a thing of beauty to see you drop on our group of 5 KI-61s.  Especially knowing the rest of our squad was turning into you unseen. A perfect setup.  Our vox got a shot of adrenaline when we saw you coming in blind to the fact that our larger group was unseen and coming in hot.  :x

You can search the film all you want, but all your gonna find is that you saw a group of 5 KI-61 lower than you and you attacked.  You were not attacked at 24k from a group of KI-61s at 26k.  Not even close.

I doubt anyone will post film, because I know it will show what I have recalled.  If the video shows otherwise, I'll be happy to leave FSO forever. :rofl

Nice use of bait.  :devil   They figured "Bah, just 5 61's, should be easy enough to bag them and climb up!"   Then the trap door is slammed shut.

9 GIAP fared well until the A35 or A39(?) field melee.   Only 4 of us made it out of there.  We lost xCATx to a phonecall and Dantoo broke a wingtip on his Corsair.   Leaving scooner and myself.   We decided to head to A51 and stumbled on a lone 67 that had damaged.   It was dispatched and about 10 84's tried pursuing the two of us and gave up.   

From the looks of it, they were coming back to help the lone Buff and then wanted "revenge" that they couldn't get. 

I enjoy the FSO's and 9 GIAP VVS RKKA.   Always a great time with these chaps, vox is crisp during a melee.  But there are always good laughs the rest of the time. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »
Stoney:

What if you set the wind to an updraft,say about 150mph,that way if you went above alt cap you'd never come down! :aok   Seriously wouldn't that put and end to things,you'd be force to tower out.

:salute

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »
You can come down even with a upwind like that.....

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »
Anyone seen this so called film with us over 24k, go ahead post it here. I would like to see it.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 06:16:28 PM »
I know I was able to maintain 25,000 feet in a A6M5b....

I did not even realize there was a downdraft until after the frame.

:lol

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 06:32:37 PM »
One of my squad made the film. I've already contacted him and told him to send it to Stoney. The concern was brought up, Stoney asked for the film, so that's where I'm leaving it. I'm sure if your whole squad all saw the same issue and one tells you they've got it on film you'd be just as hot to straighten it out.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 06:55:27 PM »
We did nothing wrong. :aok

We couldnt get any higher than 24k. :rofl

You didnt see the proof before you posted this thread callin people out?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:58:34 PM by CHAPPY »

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 09:53:02 PM »

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 12:15:21 AM »
The alt cap was not there. We flew way over it in the first frame. We decided to test and see what happens...nothing.

Which brings up a questions or rules.

The objectives said there was a down draft at 25k. BUT it didnt say you couldnt go over 25k if there wasnt one.

I think in further FSO we need the CM to state clearly what the allowed alt is. If there is a glitch in wind then we all still need to stay within the rules.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 12:26:53 AM »
The alt cap was not there. We flew way over it in the first frame. We decided to test and see what happens...nothing.

Which brings up a questions or rules.

The objectives said there was a down draft at 25k. BUT it didnt say you couldnt go over 25k if there wasnt one.

I think in further FSO we need the CM to state clearly what the allowed alt is. If there is a glitch in wind then we all still need to stay within the rules.

Did you test this in the 2nd frame?

Let us see the video that shows JG2 owning

saxman...

If the video is posted you will see that he ran from the slaughter of his buddies as well.

JG2 was within the frikkin rules.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:30:03 AM by DMBEAR »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 12:59:14 AM »
Did you test this in the 2nd frame?

Let us see the video that shows JG2 owning

saxman...
(Image removed from quote.)

If the video is posted you will see that he ran from the slaughter of his buddies as well.

JG2 was within the frikkin rules.

If your definition of "running" is spiraling out of control with three enemy on you, missing a wing and TRAILING FLAMES, then yeah, I guess I ran.

The only person stirring the pot here is you with your cute pics and smart-assed comments. I called NO ONE OUT. I'm asking the CMs to investigate settings, not any breaking of the rules. So butt the @$%& out.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 01:10:50 AM »
If your definition of "running" is spiraling out of control with three enemy on you, missing a wing and TRAILING FLAMES, then yeah, I guess I ran.

The only person stirring the pot here is you with your cute pics and smart-assed comments. I called NO ONE OUT. I'm asking the CMs to investigate settings, not any breaking of the rules. So butt the @$%& out.

We can all see the logs.  Who killed your group in KI-61s?    Us.

There would have been no pot to stir w/o your post.  You put the pot on the burner with insufficient evidence and
an inability to defend a rebuttal.

Don't start a fire if you cant control it.

Show proof of your claims Saxboy.  There is still nothing for the CM's to review.  Please post it.

My "cute pics" will stop when you show your pics or vids of what you claim.

Untill then I wont "butt the @$%& out." as you put it.  Instead, I'll fight the good fight that you yourself started.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:43:58 AM by DMBEAR »

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 02:16:09 AM »
I only ever flew the Ki-61 during the August Storm FSO, and maybe it's just me but I find the gun arrangement with the cannon in the nose and wing mounted machine guns rather awkward (but I'm used to "sighting in" with the cowl guns before opening up with the cannon whenever I'm flying a Japanese ride). I definitely prefer the more "conventional" layout used by the A6M and Ki-84. Not all that great of a sight picture, either.

Didn't have much chance to really get a feel for her, (we engaged a horde of B-25Cs on the deck) but I've rarely been concerned when I encounter one in my F4U so long as I've got room to work with her.

madda,

I mostly refer to situations where the Ki-61 has the alt advantage.  I like to have some air underneath me so I can work him a bit, especially try to force him to overshoot and reverse our positions so I'm on top, which isn't too hard against the Tony because of her poor sustained climb. Otherwise I'll work her until I can draw her in close and sap her of E, but again that takes a little bit of room.

Col-alt and E or coming from an alt advantage I really have no concern of Ki-61s.

:rofl   I guess you just have issues with the KI-61!  :x

Saxalicious
22:04:05 Departed from Field #87 in a F4U-1A
22:34:25 Captured by enemy forces after a KI-61 gave your F4u an enima
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:26:11 AM by DMBEAR »